Quantcast
Rage will love this......Nenshi and Emma Online Scrap - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rage will love this......Nenshi and Emma Online Scrap

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

This isn't just for Nenshi, but for Twitter in general: people need to stop viewing Twitter activity as a waste of time. It's a legitimate communications platform that produces engagement and transparency. People saying that he should stay off Twitter and fix the city might as well be saying to turn off his phone, or not answer emails, or whatever. At the end of the day it's another way to reach someone, so I'm glad to see Nenshi takes the time to be accessible (selectively or not).
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Originally posted by HyperZell
    This isn't just for Nenshi, but for Twitter in general: people need to stop viewing Twitter activity as a waste of time. It's a legitimate communications platform that produces engagement and transparency. People saying that he should stay off Twitter and fix the city might as well be saying to turn off his phone, or not answer emails, or whatever. At the end of the day it's another way to reach someone, so I'm glad to see Nenshi takes the time to be accessible (selectively or not).
    How exactly does engaging in this type of nonsense on Twitter benefit anyone ever? I mean except to stroke his already massive ego I've said it before, I'd love to see where the line is that people will stop sucking this guy's ball bag?
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 12-13-2013 at 04:01 PM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

How exactly does engaging in this type of nonsense on Twitter benefit anyone ever? I mean except to stroke his already massive ego I've said it before, I'd love to see where the line is that people will stop sucking this guy's ball bag?
    Nice edit. I was going to ask for a link.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:59 AM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Same here, cat rape accusations are libellous without a source.
    And in broad daylight in Olympic Plaza no less. Surprised it didn't make the news.

And enter the "Nenshi can do no wrong crowd", can't see their posts, I'm guessing they didn't like my ninja edit about kitten rape? Ah well their entrance is my signal to exit. Enjoy the next ten pages of Nenshi walks on water talk.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i still dont get the hate. im pretty indifferent about him. but comparing him to old bronco... at least (as far as i can tell so far) he isnt doing a bunch of shady shit that ends with his personal investments increasing in value

ie. race city

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Dude, you're looking at too small a scope. Look at ALL of Nenshi's tweets - he talks to all sorts of people. I can't blame him for carrying on the conversation longer than perhaps ideal, as he was probably getting a bit frustrated by the morons he has to deal with.

And also, again, it's not just about Nenshi. My point is about Twitter in general - it's akin to having a phone number, email and mailing address. It's another way for people to be in touch, and writing it off as a waste of time is just a very outdated sentiment.

Originally posted by HyperZell

And also, again, it's not just about Nenshi. My point is about Twitter in general - it's akin to having a phone number, email and mailing address. It's another way for people to be in touch, and writing it off as a waste of time is just a very outdated sentiment.
    Twitter is a fundamental tool, you're right. You're also right about Nenshi, the vast majority of his tweets are not these little squabbles. I'm not advocating he deletes his twitter account, only that he should do a better job of avoiding being sucked into the type of conversation that was originally mentioned and linked to in this thread. I don't think his ego will allow better discretion in that regard but it would be nice if the Mayor tried.

Twitter is a fundamental tool, you're right. You're also right about Nenshi, the vast majority of his tweets are not these little squabbles. I'm not advocating he deletes his twitter account, only that he should do a better job of avoiding being sucked into the type of conversation that was originally mentioned and linked to in this thread. I don't think his ego will allow better discretion in that regard but it would be nice if the Mayor tried.
    Quite right, he did somewhat incite it with his first condescending reply:

"You know Deerfoot, which you're blaming the city for, is not a city road, right? That's the province."

This may not be common knowledge, especially to younger voters (which he seems to try and attract) , so he could have put it as more of an educational reply vs "you knew this didn't you? or are you retarded?" tone.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by rage2

What's sad is that the objectionable noise bylaw is still in the books, and yes, it can be used to ticket a prius with the engine off.
    That is ugly. It doesn't make sense - Hope it eventually sorts itself out.

I'm sure the tweet he was replying to had no tone of sarcasm or hostility in it. Right? let's go back and see and... yup, it's loaded with sarcasm and hostility. So she got a smart-ass reply to her sarcastic post, and is all butt-hurt that she got an appropriate response. As Nenshi put it "you get tact when you exhibit it" which is simple logic to most of us in the real world, but to the anti-Nenshi zealots it's "Oh, noes, he's so condescending!" If they don't know how to see things in proper context, then it's their problem, not Nenshi's.
    Welcome to the world of adulthood, where you're expected to be able to be courteous and tactful without first having been given the same luxury. "You get tact when you exhibit it" is something a high-schooler would say to justify being an asshole to everybody.

I'm not talking specifically about Nenshi, but the attitude of "If somebody's rude to me then I have to be rude to them" is generally childish.

These are the conversations I expect a politician to ignore. Just like you ignore the homeless man yelling at you across the train. In the same way that I expect Police to adhere to a higher standard of the law, I expect my politicians to adhere to a higher standard of communication. Again, I'm not saying Nenshi is the first (or last ) to fail at this, but he is failing. Communicating more does not necessarily mean communicating better.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:58 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And enter the "Nenshi can do no wrong crowd", can't see their posts, I'm guessing they didn't like my ninja edit about kitten rape? Ah well their entrance is my signal to exit. Enjoy the next ten pages of Nenshi walks on water talk.
    I guess so, I guess he could ignore them, and be a boring, safe, milquetoast politician. But I kinda like the ones that say "fuck it" and yell back at the homeless man, they tend to be the more populist and memorable politicians who don't always do the safe and diplomatic thing, and IMO end up looking a little more human because of it.

He's not boring or safe because he prefers to troll a young Bieber fan and ignore smart, knowledgable citizens. Gotcha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Mibz
    Welcome to the world of adulthood, where you're expected to be able to be courteous and tactful without first having been given the same luxury. "You get tact when you exhibit it" is something a high-schooler would say to justify being an asshole to everybody.

I'm not talking specifically about Nenshi, but the attitude of "If somebody's rude to me then I have to be rude to them" is generally childish.

These are the conversations I expect a politician to ignore. Just like you ignore the homeless man yelling at you across the train. In the same way that I expect Police to adhere to a higher standard of the law, I expect my politicians to adhere to a higher standard of communication. Again, I'm not saying Nenshi is the first (or last ) to fail at this, but he is failing. Communicating more does not necessarily mean communicating better.
    Your reasonable expectations won't do you any good against those that support Nenshi

He can't do any wrong in these peoples eyes. If he acts like a child in these exchanges, he's defended with the argument "I like that he doesn't dumb himself down to the masses, and makes himself accessible". If he walks away and refuses to engage when he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on as Rage has previously mentioned, the same people say "He's too busy running The City to take part in every remedial discussion"

Originally posted by Aleks
    So basically he's like most other politicians. He has just managed to convince 80% of Calgarians that he isn't. Sadly that's not hard to do in this town
    You mean 80% of those that bothered to show up to vote.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Your reasonable expectations won't do you any good against those that support Nenshi

He can't do any wrong in these peoples eyes. If he acts like a child in these exchanges, he's defended with the argument "I like that he doesn't dumb himself down to the masses, and makes himself accessible". If he walks away and refuses to engage when he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on as Rage has previously mentioned, the same people say "He's too busy running The City to take part in every remedial discussion"
    The same can be said for his attackers, just in reverse. If responds to people, he's wasting time and feeding trolls, and if he doesn't, he's ignoring the masses and avoiding communication.

I think the best comment so far is that he's selectively available. Right or wrong, it's very, very smart.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast