Quantcast
P90x3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: P90x3

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default P90x3

Just released few days ago and i am seriously thinking about trying it out. It's 30 mins a day/6 days a week. Saw some good results from their test groups which got me motivated. I know diet is huge when it comes to weight loss or building stronger abs. I know there are some people here who tried p90x and got amazing results. Any other advice would be appreciated.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Only 30 minutes? I may be able to fit that into my schedule...

P90X was great but its 1 hr - 1 hr / 20 min every day. I know those that are serious about health/gym/fitness 1 hr a day is nothing, but for people who can't squeeze that in every day its tough to do it, on top of that if you miss a few days you fall out of the routine. Also 1-1.5 hrs of watching the same disks every week does get very tiresome. 30 minutes seems quite manageable, I may have to try it too!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

This video got me motivated.

Default Re: P90x3

It definitely looks interesting. I am a big fan of both P90X and Insanity (especially when used as a hybrid) and T25 and P90X3 look great. I think I may give P90X3 a shot.. I've tried almost everything and had the best results of anything I have done from the P90X/Insanity hybrid workouts.

I also think you are right-- diet is the first and most important part of any program. It is also the hardest.

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Just released few days ago and i am seriously thinking about trying it out. It's 30 mins a day/6 days a week. Saw some good results from their test groups which got me motivated. I know diet is huge when it comes to weight loss or building stronger abs. I know there are some people here who tried p90x and got amazing results. Any other advice would be appreciated.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

I am seriously thinking of doing this too. I did about 40 days of P90X and had amazing, amazing results then we had to leave the country for a month of vacation lol. After that, the fats!

30 min can absolutely fit my schedule especially I work long hours! I think I am ok with the diet part. It will be hard at first but if I managed it with P90X, I'm sure I can with this one. So, who wants to be a part of this challenge?
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

My girlfriend and I were doing Insanity for a bit over a month before enough of her neighbors complained to the manager because of all the jumping and running around we were doing. Seen a p90x advertisement after every session lol. Only thing I don't like about p90x is that they want you buy a bunch of their equipment on top of the dvd set in order to do some of the excercises.

Originally posted by StreetRacerX
    My girlfriend and I were doing Insanity for a bit over a month before enough of her neighbors complained to the manager because of all the jumping and running around we were doing. Seen a p90x advertisement after every session lol. Only thing I don't like about p90x is that they want you buy a bunch of their equipment on top of the dvd set in order to do some of the excercises.
    Nah just buy a couple free weights and a chin up bar (or bands if you dont have a place to put a chin up bar) and you're set

I did insanity for 2 months, really took a toll on my knees since my joints are really bad and I had to quit. It wasn't bad, but you won't bulk up from it, but you will lose weight
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    TypeR

The only reason why this guy got that ripped so fast was his diet lol. This will build a decent body but following a basic 5/3/1 program will be more beneficial with less time per week (3 hrs).

I deal with people all the time that did these and didnt get results. You want to get ripped? Watch what you eat because no exercise program will save you from shitty food habits.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by warcaster
    The only reason why this guy got that ripped so fast was his diet lol. This will build a decent body but following a basic 5/3/1 program will be more beneficial with less time per week (3 hrs).

I deal with people all the time that did these and didnt get results. You want to get ripped? Watch what you eat because no exercise program will save you from shitty food habits.

Eat less crap do more work = results no matter what program you are on

I'm not a math wizard, but I think that P90X3 is 30 mins a day x 6 days a week and the last time I checked that was also 3 hours a week so its probably about the same time as 3 hours a week.

There is no doubt that diet is the key to a program like this, and they provide a great deal of guidance in that area. What is more interesting is that I doubt you've actually looked at the program before commenting.

I haven't taken a close enough look at P90X3 either, but the programs I have done have all been excellent.

Originally posted by E36M3
    I'm not a math wizard, but I think that P90X3 is 30 mins a day x 6 days a week and the last time I checked that was also 3 hours a week so its probably about the same time as 3 hours a week.
    mindblown.gif

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by E36M3

There is no doubt that diet is the key to a program like this, and they provide a great deal of guidance in that area. What is more interesting is that I doubt you've actually looked at the program before commenting.

I haven't taken a close enough look at P90X3 either, but the programs I have done have all been excellent.

Ive done p90x once
    Insanity once
    Rushfit twice

Its all the same shit and to be honest I think people are to focused on looks "nutrition" then the actual gains from the program "muscular endurance"

U want to get strong? Train strength and power
    You want to get big? Body build
    You want to lose weight? Hire a nutritionist

I laugh when people think these programs get your core "strong" yet there is no deadlifts or heavy squats.

Dont get me wrong these are great for getting you started but I wish I would have trained for my own specific goals along time ago. Not p90x goals lol

My Ride
    NC1

Marketing works wonders. Do what works for you. There are so many programs out there but end of the day, it's a combination of hiit+strength training+diet=look good, feel good, play good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I think along the same lines.. there isn't anything magical out there that I am aware of. The best program is the program you actually do and then you can always refine it from there.

I do think that there are obviously a lot of high quality alternatives out there and I don't agree that it is entirely marketing driven. Ultimately the programs that are doing the best are driven by a combination of quality and marketing.. I don't think anyone who knows what they are talking about would say that the Beachbody programs are not high quality.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Marketing works wonders. Do what works for you. There are so many programs out there but end of the day, it's a combination of hiit+strength training+diet=look good, feel good, play good.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

How long does it take to get a 6 pack? I have a little belly, but if i stay focus on my workouts and eat healthy, how long am i looking at?

My Ride
    TypeR

Whats your current weight, height and bf%?

My Ride
    2001 BMW M3 Convertible

I really do not think there is anything wrong with p90x...Insanity...TSC etc...here is the thing: if people buy into their marketing and truly believe this will work thus following their clean nutrition plan then it's like everyone above has said...they will lean out and get results. Not necessarily just because Tony Horton laid out the perfect workout, but because they bought into their whole concept and actually placed nutrition as an importance.

Really who cares what it takes for someone to finally be nutritionally sound...if it takes the superior Beach Body marketing of p90x or Bill Phillips from Body for Lfe or (place newest fad program here) to have someone believe and want to buckle down nutritionally...then that company did its job and that consumer is going to see results because they did eat clean and in the end of XX days they consumed less calories than they expended and likely less simple carbs and more healthy fats and protiens ultimately leaning them out...which really is the goal for the majority of their target audiences.

Just my 2 cents...Happy Holidays everyone!

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Whats your current weight, height and bf%?
    170 pounds, 5'6 tall and i don't know my bf%

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by R!zz0
    How long does it take to get a 6 pack? I have a little belly, but if i stay focus on my workouts and eat healthy, how long am i looking at?
    For you I'm probably going to say you're never going to have one.

If you're too lazy to go to the gym, don't understand exercising and are looking at fast and easy ways to get in shape but can't even pull the trigger on the fast and easy ways then you're doomed.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.