Quantcast
1 child dead, another in serious condition after Glenmore Trail crash - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 child dead, another in serious condition after Glenmore Trail crash

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Default 1 child dead, another in serious condition after Glenmore Trail crash

1 child dead, another in serious condition after Glenmore Trail crash

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rash-1.2469653

My Ride
    2013 Raptor

Child deaths hit emergency responders hard, myself included. Child deaths during the holiday season.. I'm very nearly literally sick to my stomach.

RIP little guy, and all the best to your family and loved ones.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Stupid comments on that article. One guy blaming the city for not having all the roads clear and dry during a snowstorm. I know, maybe we could tear up all the roads in the city and install HEATED roads. That way the snow will melt all over the city at once, and nobody needs winter tires anymore!

My condolences to the family. I can't imagine what they're going through.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

That stretch of glenmore was still closed when i drove by at 9

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:52 AM.

rip

many people driving out of their ability today i saw. blame in this case do not change the outcome. but people take it easy out there. tomorrow will be bad driving again
    slow down.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Glenmore Trail and all the other major routes were in such terrible shape today that a tragedy was inevitable. My stomach is turning, poor little guys.
    That's the thing, it wasn't in terrible shape when I drove through there just before this happened. And this sure was inevitable.

This was nothing but driver error and driving way too fast for conditions.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

As a parent of a two year old this hits hard, RIP.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Stock rims may indicate an inferior tire.

Originally posted by snowcat
    Stock rims may indicate an inferior tire.
    Really?

Man, this has to be one of the dumbest things you've ever posted.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Wow snowcat, you're a fucking idiot.

go crawl back into your hole and shut the fuck up.

First, i hope you never procreate. BUT, if by chance you do, i hope this never happens to you, because i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

driving home on glemore that morning saw a wild one, ford sporttrac lost control got hit by semi in one lane dump truck in the other. i got the aftermath semi b lined it straight into my car someone up there was lookin out for me some how he pushed my car and side swiped the rest i was beyond fing lucky

My Ride
    Sentra

Global news just showed a dash cam video of the truck crash, well, cut away right before impact. But the truck was going to fast for the conditions and yes the extra snow buildup along the center divider made it easy to jump it. Scary.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Gah, sad to hear about one child passing away. Saw an update on the news about 6:00 pm that said one in serious condition and another in serious but stable condition.
    I can't imagine what the parent / driver of that car must be going through right now.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

A week before christmas too

Originally posted by speedog

Really?

Man, this has to be one of the dumbest things you've ever posted.

Yeah right? Is this real life? I think that might actually be top 3 most ridiculous statement from snowscat. really...

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

The news is showing the dash cam video. The mother of the children was driving far too fast. It looks like she came up quickly on a car in the middle lane, changed to the left to pass, lost control and went over the median.

I was on my way home last night with my 20 month old daughter in the car. We crossed paths with the flat deck that was hauling the dodge. Sent a chill up my spine. Needless to say, it was a slow and quiet ride home.

Slow down, be courteous, be aware of your surroundings and the other vehicles around you. Take it easy out there.

RIP to the little guy.

Can't imagine losing a child on the best of days let alone this time of year. So sad. RIP. People really need to slow the fuck down in this weather but as demonstrated year after year with the sheer volume of crashes and tragedies like these it's clearly never going to happen.

Surprised nobody started tearing into the truckers involved yet blaming them for this lol most times when there's a tragedy involving a big rig the torches and pitchforks come out faster than a soccer mom on a schedule lol

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Can't imagine losing a child on the best of days let alone this time of year. So sad. RIP. People really need to slow the fuck down in this weather but as demonstrated year after year with the sheer volume of crashes and tragedies like these it's clearly never going to happen.

Surprised nobody started tearing into the truckers involved yet blaming them for this lol most times when there's a tragedy involving a big rig the torches and pitchforks come out faster than a soccer mom on a schedule lol
    I don't think anyone will be blaming the trucks in the instance. They were driving in the opposite direction; it wasn't until the driver of the pickup truck made a mistake, crossed over the centre-divider and into the oncoming truck.

This is a tragedy, but when the fingers are (inevitably) pointed, they will be squarely at the mother who was driving too fast. Too fast for conditions, and far too fast for the conditions when she had her children in the car.

Again, RIP to the little boy.

Originally posted by you&me

I don't think anyone will be blaming the trucks in the instance. They were driving in the opposite direction; it wasn't until the driver of the pickup truck made a mistake, crossed over the centre-divider and into the oncoming truck.

This is a tragedy, but when the fingers are (inevitably) pointed, they will be squarely at the mother who was driving too fast. Too fast for conditions, and far too fast for the conditions when she had her children in the car.

Again, RIP to the little boy.
    I just watched the video and my opinion, is that the guardrail is designed to prevent this sort of thing but what rendered it ineffective was the snow build up essentially creating a launch ramp out of a safety feature. The city should be partially to blame here. 80% of our snow removal budget already spent and a launch ramp on a very major roadway. City hall needs to explain why that happened. This was avoidable had she been going even twice as fast. Yes the mother is to blame for speeding- but the city is to blame for being retards about snow removal which in this case disabled a key safety feature.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast