Quantcast
Excellence Playa Mujeres - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Default Excellence Playa Mujeres

Anyone stayed at this resort before?

Excellence

Just booked our honeymoon and was curious of what anyone thought of it. It had everything we were looking for. Wasn't initially stoked on going to Mexico again but we have never been north of cancun before.

Colin
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

You will love this resort.

One of the best all-inclusive experiences around IMO.

My Ride
    MDX

Did a sight inspection there for work. Holy shit! Beautiful property and amazing service. It's in a quiet gated off area away from the hotel zone which is nice IMO.

Great! Initially we didn't think it would be that hard to find an All-In with these standards, but it turned out to be difficult.
    Does this property have a decent night life? We were also impressed with the high quality liquor/food selections and no need to make reservations.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by colinderksen
    Great! Initially we didn't think it would be that hard to find an All-In with these standards, but it turned out to be difficult.
    Does this property have a decent night life? We were also impressed with the high quality liquor/food selections and no need to make reservations.
    Honestly the nightlife will depend on the guests staying there when you are. There are currently only 3 or 4 resorts in playa mujeres, aside from them it's just very high end homes etc. book a trip to coco bongos or something if you guys want a night out.

Those look real nice! Give a review when you get back! Hope you enjoy it!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I'm planning on going there in March - please post up a review and pics!!
    Have a great time.

I will write up a review and post a bunch of pics for sure. I really hope it lives up to the hype we've put on it.
    Adults only, top shelf booze, incredible food, good night life, upscale/modern resort, excellent service.
    No pressure. Haha
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    2008 Ford Edge

My wife and I just got back from there 3 weeks ago. It's absolutely amazing. The service is so good it's almost uncomfortable at times. We upgraded to Excellence Club and thought it was well worth it. The Excellence Lounge is a really nice place to grab a quiet drink or some snacks - not to mention checking in there didn't feel like check-in (comfortably seated with drinks flowing as soon as we got there!!).

The Excellence pool service is top notch as well. When you pick your chairs, a girl will follow you and wrap your chairs with 3 beach towels (one for the pillow and 2 for the chair). When we came back after being away from the chairs for a bit (i.e. for lunch), we'd find the chairs re-wrapped with fresh towels. At one point, a bird took a dump on my wife's chair and without exaggeration, the towels were swapped out within 30 seconds.

They also come around with snacks and random drinks to try periodically. Not to mention that the wait staff made sure our drinks were always full!

We tried about half of the restaurants (once we found our favorites, we just kept going back). The French is really good, but be ready to wait a bit to get a table. They'll give you a pager so you can go to the Lobby Bar and grab a drink or two while you wait. The Italian and Lobster House were also great.

Pizza for lunch by the main pool is excellent and breakfast buffet is the best I've had at an all-inclusive.

The alcohol is all top shelf - you won't find no-name brands. One night we were in our room when the mini-bar guy came by. We had drank all of the Coronitas, so he offered 10 more which we accepted. When he brought them into the room, he noticed we'd been doing some tequila shots (our room had full bottles of tequila, rum, vodka, and gin), so told us he'd be right back in 2 minutes with limes and salt without us even asking for it. 2 minutes later, we had sliced up limes and saucers of salt.

The only downside at the resort is the beach. It's not all that great compared to the beaches we've been to on the Mayan side, Cuba, and Dominican Republic. It's quite small and narrow and the water wasn't all that clear. Most of the resort guests hung out by the pools as a result. But for us, this made no difference in our enjoyment of the resort because everything else was so damn incredible!

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Jonrox, are you able to post up pics of the beach? My husband and i have been to Punta Cana and loved thr beach there and i am concerned it wont live up to my expectations.
    I've been hesitiant to go to the Mayan based on bad beach reviews.....

I was looking at the Excellence club myself, it seems like it is worth the upgrade.

My Ride
    2008 Ford Edge

Nickyh, EPM isn't on the Mayan Riviera (south of Cancun) it's at Playa Mujeres (north of Cancun). The beaches I've been to on the Mayan side are mostly very nice and compare pretty well to the places I've been to in Punta Cana, but the EPM isn't as nice as those. I didn't take pictures, but you can find thousands on Tripadvisor.

You may want to also check out Excellence Mayan Riviera and compare the beaches if that's important to you.