Quantcast
Star Citizen - A PC Space Sim - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star Citizen - A PC Space Sim

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by jacky4566
    Still following. Patiently waiting for 3.0.

Feel free to add me if anyone is interested.
    I'm so fucking hyped for 3.0!

And my Hull C and Connie Taurus after. I have been enjoying the Andromeda lately.

The Gamescom atmospheric entry and landing was incredible.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    Bump.

Anyone following the development of Star Citizen still?

I pledged a few hundred bucks back in September. That was back in Alpha version 1.3 with the hangar, social, and dogfighting modules out.

We are now at version Alpha 2.1.2 with all modules listed above plus a glimpse of the persistent universe (I call it a demo) with some multicrew ships and fps combat.

It's interesting being a player and pledging to this project because it somewhat allows you to have an inside look at how the game is made.

It is not without its bugs and glitches but it's pretty fun and looks incredible.

One thing, they seem to be struggling with server stability. Sometimes I get lucky and end up with a solid connection and sometimes I end up with a crappy one. It causes either a crash to desktop or the frames per second degrade over time to something that becomes unplayable.

If you get on a good server and hold over 30 fps, the game is super fun.
    How is the space combat controls?

I really, REALLY wanted to get into elite dangerous, even bought an expensive joystick - and the problem I have with joysticks are it makes my desk feel very encumbered and cluttered... so I want to find a space sim that is quite comfortable with a keyboard/mouse play. Elite Dangerous didn't offer this - and it's space combat was frustrating as soon as the enemy got behind you - it felt like there was sweet fuck all you could do.

Is this a game that NEEDS a joystick? If so, I may just buy a ps4 controller or something and use that for driving/space - then keyboard/mouse for ground combat (assuming switching between the keyboard & mouse + a joystick is seemless)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by 403Gemini

How is the space combat controls?

I really, REALLY wanted to get into elite dangerous, even bought an expensive joystick - and the problem I have with joysticks are it makes my desk feel very encumbered and cluttered... so I want to find a space sim that is quite comfortable with a keyboard/mouse play. Elite Dangerous didn't offer this - and it's space combat was frustrating as soon as the enemy got behind you - it felt like there was sweet fuck all you could do.

Is this a game that NEEDS a joystick? If so, I may just buy a ps4 controller or something and use that for driving/space - then keyboard/mouse for ground combat (assuming switching between the keyboard & mouse + a joystick is seemless)
    I'd love to give you a solid answer but the game is still being worked out. Patch 2.6 is right around the corner and it has a reworked flight model which I have yet to try. Some people swear by a joystick. I have been using keyboard and mouse.

I think E : D had a more atmospheric flight model whereas SC is supposed to have a physical one. (Newtonian I think)

So it feels way different.

Until 2.6 is live, current flight in SC doesn't mean much. The Star Citizen reddit page is a good place to check out from time to time for info.

When patch 3.0 drops, it's going to blow peoples minds. The planetary stuff is looking absolutely incredible.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2