Quantcast
New Purchase - 2014 QX60 AWD - Opinions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Purchase - 2014 QX60 AWD - Opinions?

Default New Purchase - 2014 QX60 AWD - Opinions?

Just signed papers today for a 2014 QX60 AWD Premium, Theatre and Drivers Assistance package White exterior and Black interior - undercoating and 3M paint protection added.

I was originally looking for a much less expensive SUV (Santa Fe etc) but I'm used to driving an Infiniti (used to the luxury and refinement) and didn't like any of the Hyundai's or Kia's - especially the interiors. Drove the pathfinder which is nearly identical inside but seemed lacking in a little bit of refinement it seemed and NO HIDs / LEDs?? wtf Its 2014... also - found slightly more wind noise than normal. The fully loaded pathfinder was about $48,500 - about $9000 cheaper than the JX but no technology or intelligent safety systems available on the Pathfinder.

Anyway, I would have much preferred a used one but nothing was on the market for a good price... dealer also had no new/used 2013s left. Also, used car rates for finance were a lot higher and resulted in almost identical monthly payments. We wanted the panaroma sunroof but due to the way they package the 2014s now, you cant get the pano sun roof unless you buy fully loaded (extra $5000 or so)

So I was wondering who on here has one as well or has driven one? - just curious to compare opinions.

Most impressive feature in the car is distance control. While on the test drive, the salesperson said don't bother hitting the brakes at the red light where there were two cars waiting.... I just looked at him and was like "... Wha....??" The car stopped itself! Far enough away that it didn't scare the shit outta me. Very impressive - same applies when backing up.

Lots of room in the SUV and while it stretched my budget to the max for a vehicle, it just appealed to me... and I was able to negotiate off $2k. Since it is brand new - I plan on keeping it 10 years or so... my 8 yr old Infiniti M still gives me little to no problems out or regular maintenance.

Cheers

Default Re: New Purchase - 2014 QX60 AWD - Opinions?

Originally posted by avishal26
    Most impressive feature in the car is distance control. While on the test drive, the salesperson said don't bother hitting the brakes at the red light where there were two cars waiting.... I just looked at him and was like "... Wha....??" The car stopped itself! Far enough away that it didn't scare the shit outta me. Very impressive - same applies when backing up.

Cheers
    Haha wow, I'm surprised he tested that on another car and not a wall or something. Pretty ballsy to needlessly do that to an occupied vehicle.

Nice car though, I like the QX's. I have been in them.

I hope you didn't pay an "admin" fee (100% cash grab) or for the 3M/undercoat, otherwise it sounds like you're pretty happy with it which is all that matters.

My Ride
    my bike

Congrats, when do you pick it up? How do you find the engine/CVT combo for merging to highway speeds?

I've been considering a Pathfinder/JX/Qx60 for a while now but the CVT is still somewhat holding me back. It also bothers me that they bundled the panoramic roof with the theatre package.

No offence but the QX60 is ugly

My Ride
    K-car

Hopefully they've fixed the CVT. It's been giving problems in the new pathfinders. Still a way better choice than anything from Hyundai or Kia imo. .

Default Re: New Purchase - 2014 QX60 AWD - Opinions?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Haha wow, I'm surprised he tested that on another car and not a wall or something. Pretty ballsy to needlessly do that to an occupied vehicle.

Nice car though, I like the QX's. I have been in them.

I hope you didn't pay an "admin" fee (100% cash grab) or for the 3M/undercoat, otherwise it sounds like you're pretty happy with it which is all that matters.
    haha ya .. my thoughts when he suggested to test that was - "Why not... not my car yet"

The discount I negotiated nullified the addition admin fees and 3M/undercoat costs...

Originally posted by 98type_r
    Congrats, when do you pick it up? How do you find the engine/CVT combo for merging to highway speeds?

I've been considering a Pathfinder/JX/Qx60 for a while now but the CVT is still somewhat holding me back. It also bothers me that they bundled the panoramic roof with the theatre package.
    I found the CVT ok.. I didn't find it annoying... its a safety / family oriented SUV so I won't be driving it with a heavy foot like my M. I found merging speeds/acceleration marginally slower than the 2012 FX35 that I also drove...Surprisingly... In the SNOW mode it doesn't let you stomp on the gas that easily - you have to press further down (Eco mode negates even further the lead foot syndrome)

I had no problems speeding up to 120 to merge on deerfoot.

I pick it up sometime next week..

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

my mom has one of those things... kind of a shitty ride/seat comfort for what i'd expect out of a "luxury" SUV... never understood the boners people have for infiniti, i guess its still better than an acura though

Originally posted by BensonTT
    No offence but the QX60 is ugly
    lol no offence taken.. to each his own.

I could've lived with the looks of the pathfinder if it had at least HID lights... (or if I would've found an aftermarket headlight w/ projectors) But small things are noticeable to me - such as the pathfinder door sounds cheap when you shut it.. as opposed to the JX. (even though they look almost identical)

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by ercchry
    my mom has one of those things... kind of a shitty ride/seat comfort for what i'd expect out of a "luxury" SUV... never understood the boners people have for infiniti, i guess its still better than an acura though
    They definitely don't drive/feel as good as something like a BMW but reliability is better and they're a good bang for your buck. Acura's are boring as fuck and almost every lexus reminds me of a Toyota when I sit in it.

That's why I keep going back to them at least.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Originally posted by ddduke

They definitely don't drive/feel as good as something like a BMW but reliability is better and they're a good bang for your buck. Acura's are boring as fuck and almost every lexus reminds me of a Toyota when I sit in it.

That's why I keep going back to them at least.
    I am not so sure about BMW's drive/feel because I drove a 2010 BMW 750 fully loaded a couple of years back to compare to a 2011 Infiniti M56x and the Infiniti felt like a more refined ride. It could be that the BMW I drove had a mechanical issue or bad wheel/tire combo ... but on that day I stopped caring about BMWs (although I considered briefly a used X5 over the new QX60)

Agree with Acura = Boring (and styling is not their forte)
    and Lexus = Ugly w/ Toyota Interior

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

How does the cvt work in such a large vehicle?
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My condolences.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Congrats!

I was going to look and test drive the new QX60 but it needs refinement on their drivetrain.
    I ended up spending a bit more and grabbed an X5

This video says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjWF45HUypM
    Last edited by jaylo; 01-04-2014 at 06:21 PM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Lexus RX

/thread

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    Lexus RX

/thread
    No way, the thing is so fucking ugly and there's no way to make it look good. It's purely a wifey grocery getter.

If I were looking at an rx I'd go for a fx in a heartbeat over it.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:42 AM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Strange post, not only is it a very subjective topic but I don't think looks are a major priority when looking at crossover wagons. Not only is the RX a class-leader and one of the best SUV's you can buy, it's miles better than the FX in every category.

Also I think many people would disagree with your assertion that the FX looks better.
    I was talking about looks only. I know that reliability, resale and safety are class leading. It was my opinion.

The original post that I quoted was just as weird as mine, OP asked for opinions on the vehicle he bought and the guy I quoted just wrote rx.

The rx has barely changed since 99, it's just mild facelift after mild facelift, and the interior looks like it's out of a corolla.
    Last edited by ddduke; 01-04-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast