Quantcast
Any experience with Tristar Cars? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any experience with Tristar Cars?

My Ride
    VW Golf

Default Any experience with Tristar Cars?

Has anyone dealt with these guys? All I could find when searching 'Tristar" was some vacuum cleaner scam.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Never heard of them, but a quick glance at their website is enough to make me stay way. Something just seems off about it, the way some of it is written.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    VW Golf

You're probably right. Also, the voicemail message just sounded like some guy's personal phone. "Hey, it's _____(can't remember) with Tristar cars. Leave a message."

Dang. Is there a used car lot in this city you can actually trust?!

My Ride
    Mitsubishi

No, I mean there are barely any new car dealerships you can trust either.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by corrode
    You're probably right. Also, the voicemail message just sounded like some guy's personal phone. "Hey, it's _____(can't remember) with Tristar cars. Leave a message."

Dang. Is there a used car lot in this city you can actually trust?!
    I don't know anything about these guys, but just because no one has heard of them and they don't have a receptionist does not mean that they can not be trusted.

If you want a car how about you try this:

stop in and look at it, if you like the way it looks then take it for a 3rd party inspection.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    2012 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD SPORT

Hello Everyone,

Scott from tristarcars here.

I understand that it can be difficult finding a good used vehicle to buy out there.

Just like in any industry out there there are small businesses and of course large ones.

My business: tristar is a small business that sells all Makes New and Used vehicles.

We have been in business for just over 12 years now. We deal in only super clean low mileage used vehicles. If you look at our website you can see a year or so worth of vehicles that we have sold.

We are licenced with Alberta Motor Vehicle Council (the governing body for car dealers) thier website is AMVIC.org

We have 2 locations: Calgary and Lethbridge.

All pretty low mileage, really nice stuff.

A little about myself: I grew up on a farm in Southern Alberta (4th generation on the farm). I was trained as a vehicle technician for GM just out of high school. Did that for 6 years then went on to work for an automotive engineering firm out of Detroit.

Started this business because I was tired of seeing these big Franchise car dealerships rip people off. I really love this business.

We have a rules at tristarcars:

1) All cars are inspected by an independant shop and driven (big lots buy them from auction, inspect and put on lot) You really need to drive them to get a feel for things they need.

2) Carproof reports on all cars before we take them in on trade or purchase them.

3) We DO NOT sell life insurance... big lots LOVE to push life insurance on you for HUGE profit!! Buy your insurance from your insurance agent; not a used car dealer lol

4) We DO NOT push protection packages, 3m rock guard and accessories at you at extreme markups. If you want that stuff we can get you booked in with a good shop, you pay them directly. If you want us to handle it for you, we charge a nominal fee for our time.

5) You can have the vehicle inspected on your own if you wish. Must be close to our location. There are probably 15 different shops within a short distance of our location.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by scott@tristar; 09-04-2012 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I assume you will be becoming a forum sponsor in order to advertise?

See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride

One needs to clarify things on these forums when people are jumping to negative conclusions without merit.

That is simply the nature of forums. That is my right.

People asked the question: Who are these guys?.... I answered.

I think that's fair.

Originally posted by scott@tristar
    One needs to clarify things on these forums when people are jumping to negative conclusions without merit.

That is simply the nature of forums. That is my right.

People asked the question: Who are these guys?.... I answered.

I think that's fair.

I agree, if you were posting about sales and/or particular cars, that would be advertising.

Trying to explain yourself or protecting your integrity should be allowed.

All hail the D pillar!!

My Ride
    Ram 2500 Diesel

HI
    I just thought that I would jump in with my experience with Tristar Cars.
    I called and talked with the owner/operator of this small car dealership, told him what I was looking for and within days I had the truck I was looking for. I bought a 2011 RAM 2500 Diesel to pull my fifth wheel. I got an amazing deal and the truck only had 14000 km on it. Dealing with Tristar was an excellent experience, so much so that I have recommended over 10 others to try their excellent, professional services.
    If anyone is talking bad about this dealership then obviously they have not had the priviledge of their service.

Bill

My Ride
    Z30 Toyota Soarer, E92 BMW 335xi

Originally posted by BCT
    HI
    I called and talked with the owner/operator of this small car dealership, told him what I was looking for and within days I had the truck I was looking for. I bought a 2011 RAM 2500 Diesel to pull my fifth wheel. I got an amazing deal and the truck only had 14000 km on it. Dealing with Tristar was an excellent experience, so much so that I have recommended over 10 others to try their excellent, professional services.
    If anyone is talking bad about this dealership then obviously they have not had the priviledge of their service.

Bill
    First post on beyond is this hmm...

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Originally posted by BCT
    HI

Bill
    This makes me not trust Tristar

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by master hec0

Haha, there's still people new to the internet!

Originally posted by BCT
    HI

Bill
    You should have just signed this Scott@tristar

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Unfortunate how everyone assumes the worst right away.

Guy addressed the question well. Seems like a single plug for the company to get shit sorted. Another blurb and advertising seems necessary.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Originally posted by master hec0

Just because a customer feels the need to speak of thier experience, is no reason to attack them or try to embarass him or us.
    Notice my name is posted with ph # and the customer ended thier comment by listing his name? Not the type of people who hide behind alias's and post unfounded negativity toward others.

I guess we were all raised differently.

Let's try to refrain from attacking anyone else or their livelyhood for no legitimate reason. If you have a ligitimate concern please feel free to contact me at 403-827-0422. That is my cell number. I have no problems with talking directly to people.

I am always reachable by phone.

Also I do end up in Okotoks every now and then as we do sell and deliver several cars into that area.

Get in touch with me and the next time I am in town I'll buy you a coffee. No better way to build rapport than in person.

Cheers,

Scott
    Last edited by scott@tristar; 09-04-2012 at 11:05 AM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Could be a legitimate customer and reviewer so I wouldn't jump to conclusions so early.

My Ride

Originally posted by msommers
    Unfortunate how everyone assumes the worst right away.

Guy addressed the question well. Seems like a single plug for the company to get shit sorted. Another blurb and advertising seems necessary.
    Funny you should say that. Before just a few days ago I had no idea what beyond.ca was. I am new to forums... as is probably obvious.

A customer actually alerted me to this forum after they googled our name to get our phone number and this forum came up. Our customers are great people. She wasn't all that impressed with some of the people on here, so she figured she should let me know.

All of our customer's are awesome and we appreciate what they do for us!

Now that I have signed up and looked at the website, I think it's fantastic!! Gives us another medium to help people get to know us.
    I will most likely recommend this site to our customers as well.

My Ride

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Could be a legitimate customer and reviewer so I wouldn't jump to conclusions so early.
    Hence my offer to buy him a coffee. This way we can both avoid jumping to conclusions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast