Quantcast
1999 cars legal to import this year - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111

Thread: 1999 cars legal to import this year

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    cgy
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by cjblair


    Man, thinking that a 4ft differential in seating position is the only negative implication of driving a RHD car? Dumb post
    please enlighten us

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    C
    Posts
    2,655
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by slinkie


    please enlighten us
    It will come to you next time you are in a car that's trying to make a left turn at a busy intersection.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,313
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Originally posted by 01RedDX


    It will come to you next time you are in a car that's trying to make a left turn at a busy intersection.
    isnt that still seat position related?

    but yeah, lets not beat this horse again...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by slinkie


    please enlighten us

    Originally posted by ercchry



    but yeah, lets not beat this horse again...
    Exactly. There are some that think RHD is cool, and some that don't. And the two groups probably won't ever see eye-to-eye.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    calgary / alberta
    My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo
    Posts
    575
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by slinkie


    Man, sitting 4 feet further to the right, who could ever manage that? Dumb post
    Very basic way of looking at it, as it's certainly manageable, yet needlessly accommodated. You're disadvantaging yourself in many road scenarios, harder to obtain OEM parts, insurance premiums, and negative label from the mass.

    If it were such a desirable type of car to acquire, those who truly know cars would acquire them in much higher allocations than the sub $10k models we see in the streets of the NE today.

    That said, the collector who acquires one at >$40k, already has a quality collection that the R34 would compliment.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry


    isnt that still seat position related?

    but yeah, lets not beat this horse again...
    I like beating dead horses...

    Don't JDM headlights point towards opposing traffic, rather than away?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kelowna
    My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok


    I like beating dead horses...

    Don't JDM headlights point towards opposing traffic, rather than away?
    I know on skylines there are alternatives to the OEM headlights which are adjustable to Canadian standards. The originals cannot be adjusted to point the right way, so anyone with these on their car should technically fail inspection. I dont know about other RHD, but I would assume that the adjustment screws are different even if the model was offered in NA.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    cgy
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by cjblair


    Exactly. There are some that think RHD is cool, and some that don't. And the two groups probably won't ever see eye-to-eye.
    Not trying to convince anyone or change their minds, just trying to get some insight on why some people hate JDMs

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado, G37x
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by slinkie


    Not trying to convince anyone or change their minds, just trying to get some insight on why some people hate JDMs
    I laugh at the people who have RHD when they sold LHD models of the same car here, but other than that I have no issues with it.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Rhd

    The key around it is buying kei vehicles so you can drive on the left hand side of the lanelike honda beat and Subaru sambar. Honda beat is a breeze to drive a I have never directed headlights as it's so low you don't get any complaints at all for incorrect beam pattern. Headlights work fine, it's not the best solution, but I think it's fairly minor.
    Last edited by loweg; 01-23-2014 at 08:01 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,455
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    A few S15s have already landed. Mine missed the damn boat last month cause the inland shipping companies in Japan took 3 weeks to get it to port. Will be picking mine up from Vancouver in just under 2 weeks here.

    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    whats a landed top of the line mr2 turbo gts going for these days?
    I'd say 8500-11,000 free to drive away from Vancouver.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Rhd

    ^ Holy shit, post pics when you get it... $8500-11k isn't as much as I was expecting.

    Originally posted by loweg
    The key around it is buying kei vehicles so you can drive on the left hand side of the lanelike honda beat and Subaru sambar. Honda beat is a breeze to drive a I have never directed headlights as it's so low you don't get any complaints at all for incorrect beam pattern. Headlights work fine, it's not the best solution, but I think it's fairly minor.
    Yeah they have a lot of Kei vehicles I'd like just as commuter vehicles or those Sambar trucks for the farm (etc). Some of the turbo Kei cars/suv's wouldn't be that bad... still slower then a pregnant sloth, but not entirely unusable for our streets.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by R-Audi


    As of a few months ago he had an RS4 badge on there... and it was an OEM S4 bumper unless he replaced it with an RS4 one after he cracked his last month.
    You were totally correct on the bumper thing. Still an S4 bumper, still cracked (talked to him yesterday ) as for the badge...

    Newer S4 badge is what he has

    --
    Rod

    Driving
    2001.5 Audi S4 - Santorin Blue STAGE II

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by btimbit


    I laugh at the people who have RHD when they sold LHD models of the same car here, but other than that I have no issues with it.
    That was always my view. JDM Civic/RX7/Supra/etc that were available here but you wanted a JDM because it was cool/cheap doesn't make sense.

    Skyline/Evo/etc that were never available here at all, it's not really an option to get a LHD

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GX470
    Posts
    2,335
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by rodman71


    You were totally correct on the bumper thing. Still an S4 bumper, still cracked (talked to him yesterday ) as for the badge...

    Newer S4 badge is what he has

    Not that it matters but that pic is over a year old. When I saw his car every day for 4 months in the summer at work (I worked for him at EZR) he had the RS4 badge....Guess you'll have to take my word on it.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I will bud
    --
    Rod

    Driving
    2001.5 Audi S4 - Santorin Blue STAGE II

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    FJC, S30
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by Neil4Speed


    Curious... (I don't know GTR's that well), but I remember when the R32 GTR's were first arriving they were around 20k... I wonder why you think that the R34's would be that much more.

    In Japan the market value for a decent R34 GTR is still around 40K.
    Submaker.Illest.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by Cooked Rice
    A few S15s have already landed. Mine missed the damn boat last month cause the inland shipping companies in Japan took 3 weeks to get it to port. Will be picking mine up from Vancouver in just under 2 weeks here.
    $?

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    911 & Cayenne
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by pheoxs


    That was always my view. JDM Civic/RX7/Supra/etc that were available here but you wanted a JDM because it was cool/cheap doesn't make sense.
    I hate jdm cars so I'm in no way trying to defend them but what doesn't make sense is your statement.

    Buying a jdm vehicle because it's cheaper makes perfect sense. If you can't afford a lhd but really want a specific car why wouldn't you get one.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    JDM is not working anymore for cheap stuff. You only get junk. Or you win the 1:100 lotto. Anything good gets priced up....Germans on the buy path.
    ----------------------------------

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Legal Files: Gallery of Fine Cars threatens to sue beyond.ca

    By rage2 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 542
    Latest Threads: 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
  2. 47 year old man marriage to 8 year old legal, Judge declares

    By 911fever in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
  3. Top 100 street legal cars

    By fams123 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 10-12-2005, 05:41 PM
  4. To import...or not to import...that be the question.

    By insomnia in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 19
    Latest Threads: 03-18-2005, 12:23 AM
  5. Hot Import Nights, Import Life Tour

    By RacerXRed in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 01-06-2004, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •