Quantcast
True Detective - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: True Detective

Just when I thought they're done with introducing more characters to this show, they start to introduce more characters (Laura?) and their involvement with only one episode left.

It was a decent episode with moving the plot forward, but the pacing for this season has been inconsistent so far.

My Ride
    Horse

Well... that was a season finale... and uh... shit.

Spoiler:
    After watching Ray, Frank, and Paul die and having Burris get away scot-free and Ani gets nothing... that was depressing. Glad Ray got to see that his son loves him, just wish it didn't kill him. Also hate the writers for showing us that the voice message didn't upload.

The realism in this show is pretty great though. Cops shooting at a black guy getting stabbed

This season was a pile of hot garbage. My wife and I were actually laughing at points last nigh, as the plot, script and execution formed a trifecta of absurdity.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea that was a terrible 1.5 hours of television. So terrible.

The last scenes with Frank and Ray were fantastic but the rest of it just wasn't very good IMO.

If you're gonna pull off a twist by involving a new or rarely used character then you need to keep them around for more than half an episode or else the rest of the season just feels like wasted time. Bringing in the Mexicans at the last second? What's the fucking point? To make me think "Aww, if only Frank had done this one little thing differently he'd be okay"? Didn't work.

This whole thing felt like Breaking Bad season 5.

My Ride
    Busa

This season was total garbage. Aside from a scene here or there the rest was b-roll at best. I guess the show just can't carry itself without Fukunaga. So disappointing after season 1.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by xnvy

Spoiler:
    . Also hate the writers for showing us that the voice message didn't upload.
    I know when I'm trying to send an important email, I always head to middle of fucking nowhere with shit reception.

Was expecting a bigger party at the cabin too.

My Ride
    Horse

Spoiler:
    ^I thought about that but I figure Ray didn't have many options at that point. He was out of gas because he was trying to buy time for Ani, he obviously couldn't escape, he could have gone to a public place where they likely would have just shot him on sight, or he could do what he did and go to nowhere.

I guess when he knows that he is going to die, he might as well go somewhere public and use the cell service for the message but by going to the forest he at least had an opportunity to get revenge on Burris. If he killed Burris in a public area that had cell service and sent his message, he would be all over the news with footage of him killing a cop. At this point, everyone thinks he's corrupt but the L.A. Times reporter could release his story and clear his name posthumously.

The part that got me was when VV died in the desert and when Ray almost told Ani he loved her, he finally got to be happy for a bit with that and seeing his son treasure his badge (or trade it for trading cards, who knows).

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Overall I was disappointed, last season was much better.
    I thought the cast did the best with what they were given, and Vince was much better than I expected.

Thank fuck this season is over. I didn't have high expectations for the finale, but somehow they managed to make it shittier than I had anticipated. Time to re-watch season one?

Alright, that was the worst finale I've seen since Dexter. Absolute garbage. They could have made it so good too, and then the last 30 mins I was just like w...t....f.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6