Quantcast
Mercedes-Benz AMG Unveils the GLA45 AMG at NAIAS - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz AMG Unveils the GLA45 AMG at NAIAS

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Rumours are that the glk will get the 4.0tt from the AMG gt

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    MSRP - $50,500, $700 more than CLA45.

Lease rates and residuals:

24 months: 68% residual, 4.9%
    36 months: 60% residual, 4.9%
    45 months: 54% residual, 6.4%
    tempting. not feeling those boy racer graphics on the edition 1 tho.

carplay in a year away right? damn it, do i need to buy a iphone now?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No word on carplay at all from MB. The 1 year away is pure guesstimate based on an AMG chat session. Aside from being available in the C at some point, there is no word if it'll be available on GLA as well.

If I had to make an educated guess tho, it will be similar to the Media Plus option or whatever they call it, where it will be a dealer add on for around 600 bucks, meaning it'll be compatible with all cars 2013+.

The Edition 1 graphics are easily removed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

New review:

Funny watch from our perspective, because we don't have the choice of the A45 here.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Hey Rage, have you heard anything about when GLA's will be rolling into the dealerships here so people can see them first hand/test drive etc.? (not talking about customer deliveries).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Lone Star has a GLA unveil event next Wednesday, talk to your sales rep to get the free invite.

The GLA's are already here, including the 45, at Lone Star. Not sure if test drives are available yet, fairly sure they're customer cars that have arrived. Your sales rep should be able to give you a sneak peek.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump, no Keyless Go for remaining MY2015 allocations. Most likely for MY2016 in Canada. So my gf is picking up a B250 4MATIC instead (with Keyless Go), and my allocation has now moved to November delivery assuming they have Keyless-Go. The wait continues...

On the bright side, the GLA45 will be my car, so I'm going to check off all the boxes. Recaro seats here I come!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Are you tossing the CLS then?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, I absolutely love the CLS, but I'm tired of the 50 year old women giving me "fuck me now" looks because I look like I'm 60 driving this thing!

Seriously tho, I just miss having a smaller car. Gonna give it a try for a couple of winters.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rage, I get those look just walking down the street. Don't confuse them being horny for you being sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Just saw one of these downtown Regina this week, of all places. Looks awesome.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm excited for winter in this thing.

Did you read the latest Road & Track comparo on this guy vs. Audi SQ5 and Porsche Macan Turbo?

Fastest of the lot but just barely on the Porsche. 0-60 4.2 and 12.7 @ 109 1/4. Right in the same range as the CLA, which I thought would be faster due to the weight. Most agile of the bunch but lots of turbo lag apparently. Either way amazing performance, unless Audi re-introduces an S wagon, this is the next car for sure.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yup.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...enz-gla45-amg/

It doesn't weigh that much more than a CLA45, something like 60lbs IIRC. Funny that they made the comparo a hot hatch comparison, when they're all crossovers, and only the GLA45 really qualifies as a hot hatch.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

GLA45 vs Macan Turbo Head to Head

My Ride
    Exploded.

I hope the AMG version looks better in person. The GLA250(?) looks shit in person.

My Ride
    Bicycle

GLA45 vs Macan Turbo Head to Head

Surprising, just watched that last night. Totally sway me away from Macan and towards GLA. Hopefully I get to sit in one in person at the auto show.

Originally posted by flipstah
    I hope the AMG version looks better in person. The GLA250(?) looks shit in person.
    They are not that far off other than the more aggressive grill and skirt. Have both type of GLA at the parking garage here.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-10-2015 at 09:08 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by flipstah
    The GLA45 looks like a lowered GLA250 but with fancy AMG bumpers, not much different. Surprised you think the GLA250 looks like shit, that's probably the first overly negative comment I've heard about the looks. Most people seem to like it.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Surprising, just watched that last night. Totally sway me away from Macan and towards GLA. Hopefully I get to see one in person in the auto show.
    Hyatt has a GLA45 demo if you're looking to try it out. It's a base car, 19" wheels, no aero flicks, rear spoiler, or recaros. It's a damn fun car to drive.

My Ride
    Exploded.

The GLA45 looks like a lowered GLA250 but with fancy AMG bumpers, not much different. Surprised you think the GLA250 looks like shit, that's probably the first overly negative comment I've heard about the looks. Most people seem to like it.
    I thought I was going to love it but I saw one in person and it looks unproportioned based on its' shape.

It's shaped great but it looks so massive and wide. Maybe it's color dependent; saw it in white and went bleh.

Haven't seen it in darker colors so maybe I'll retract that statement sometime.

Nah, you're not wrong.

MB has done something weird with the CLA and GLA by making vehicles which look amazing in a showroom and really fucking weird on the streets. Even in a garage the GLA looks decent, but out on the road it looks squished and flat. Weird back end.

rage2, maybe go for a walk around your office and ask for some opinions :P

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast