Quantcast
Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood?

Saw this on Facebook today, had a little discussion in the office. Just wondering what people think of this.

Last edited by Masked Bandit; 01-22-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Car

I can't watch it at work right now, but I freakin love Kevin O'leary. Interested to see what I think after checking it out after though...

O'Leary is the yang to her yin. It makes for a good tv couple. Who is going to watch a couple of nodding heads? Google around for O'Leary and how he made his cash, he is not as rich as some believe, he does have money though and is bright no doubt. It is easy to play his character, it does get very predictable. I doubt he is as cold as he makes himself out to be, these types seldom are what they appear. We've all seen him tear up on DD and Shark Tank. O'Leary is entertaining and this seems to be the point. Like Don Cherry, who O'Leary had a working relationship with, they are entertaining and over the top. For the record, I like them both.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...4334/?page=all
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 01-22-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Neither, there is no misunderstanding. He is a realist.

Now Schiff, he has billionaire balls. He actually went out into the streets to talk to the Occupy protestors.

Last edited by ZenOps; 01-22-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Bang on! Zenops.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Nothing wrong with being stupid rich if youre self-made.

Getting rich by mis-allocating public money, setting up a fake religous group, running a "public" company in Quebec .... etc. is where I have a problem.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Why should anyone be ashamed of being better than the rest? That's a stupid question. However you can question which path they take to get to the top.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by revelations
    Nothing wrong with being stupid rich if youre self-made.

Getting rich by mis-allocating public money, setting up a fake religous group, running a "public" company in Quebec .... etc. is where I have a problem.
    Perhaps I missed the memo, but who are you actually referring too?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    W204

Hahaha occupy ... Is that still going on anywhere?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    [B]O'Leary is the yang to her yin. It makes for a good tv couple. Who is going to watch a couple of nodding heads?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Perhaps I missed the memo, but who are you actually referring too?
    Nobody specifically .... I know a few self-made millionaires and they did it with their own skill and good business sense.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

The philosophy that offends the most people tends to be the most logical. There is far more sickness than health in our society and so if people aren't offended when you have something to say about society you have to really question whether you've got something wrong along the way.

It's like anti-theism, if you're not offending a large portion of religious sects you've gone terribly wrong in your philosophy.

Same goes for parenting, state education, economics, morality etc.

I love when people are offended by the philosophy that I come to accept as true, it means that I'm on the right track.

If people are offended that just means that there is a chance to win the debate and change society. If there is no opposition that means society already has the most logical philosophy and remains sick - that is a hopeless situation.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 01-22-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I understand where Kevin is coming from. He had a very very regular middle class upbringing, but through his business savvy-ness and good decisions (etc etc) look where he is today. He was one of those 3.5 billion scrubs, now one of Canada's more wealthy.

So I can understand his logic, that if he can do it, anybody can.... and they truly can if they want it bad enough, but that brings in a lot of clout with ethical VS. partially unethical ways of making money in the manner of obtaining the almighty dollar, and thats where things can get quite cloudy, very fast.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    8P 3.2

I agree with him. He is pretty much self-made. His funds don't perform very well though and he is a bit over-inflated on himself. As one article I read said "O'Leary's money makes a lot of money in a lot of places but his funds aren't one of them". His original deal selling his software to Mattel is regarded as one of the worst business deals for investors. He flooded the market with a shoddy product (ie at the time it was the only software that was sold in 7-11 by being bundled with cheap books) that temporarily inflated his stock value due to the sudden sales increase. He sold his company then and after that Mattel and their investors lost a shitload once everyone caught on that the product sucked. But none of this was illegal, he simply took advantage of people not doing due diligence before buying his company. Nowadays that deal would not have happened. People are far more wise but that the time the tech bubble was inflating and everyone wanted on-board. But hey, good on him for capitalizing.

Anyways, I agree with him and if people think its bad now they should look back to the time when an even smaller percent owned almost everything. And the poor were called peasants.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Default Re: Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood?

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Saw this on Facebook today, had a little discussion in the office. Just wondering what people think of this.
    O'Leary believes the myth that access to opportunity is equitably distributed globally.

It's not.

Being an educated white male in Canada puts one in the pole position of the global rat race.
    Last edited by LollerBrader; 01-22-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Look at all the butthurt faggots commenting on youtube. As a kid I always looked up to rich people, and even though I probably will never be one of them, the act of trying has put me far ahead of these youtube losers.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Default Re: Re: Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood?

Originally posted by LollerBrader

O'Leary believes the myth that access to opportunity is equitably distributed globally.

It's not.

Being an educated white male in Canada puts one in the pole position of the global rat race.
    Agree...but...this is not a blessing handed out at random or just because you are white. Previous generations worked hard/smart and got their kids educated. And their offspring get a leg up in life. That's why they worked hard. I see a lot of immigrants who worked their asses off as janitors and got their kids educated and they became 6 figure engineers. Is that unfair too?

I forget the exact amount, but if you make around $34,000 a year you are in the 1% of top wage earners.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Default Re: Re: Offensive Jerk or Just Misunderstood?

Originally posted by LollerBrader

It's not.

This. Pretty sure it's a bit more difficult for a muslim woman living in Iraq to 'work hard' and become a self made millionaire...

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast