Quantcast
WTF??!?! Big business joins scientists in climate change conspiracy??!?!?! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: WTF??!?! Big business joins scientists in climate change conspiracy??!?!?!

Default WTF??!?! Big business joins scientists in climate change conspiracy??!?!?!

It's understandable that 99% of scientists are involved in the climate change conspiracy, as we all know it was carefully planned and orchestrated over decades in order to fool ignorant politicians and earth-crusader soccer moms and line scientists' pockets with federal grant money. Right? Big screen TVs, anyone? But what is this -- big business is involved in this conspiracy now too? What the hell is this world coming to? I trust capitalism almost as much as god so I'm not quite what to make of this. I'm sure beyond can enlighten me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/24/sc...e.html?hp&_r=0
    Last edited by FixedGear; 01-23-2014 at 11:47 PM.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Looks like good marketing to the current herd. Easy feel good advertising for both parties

You're probably right. I bet Nike flooded those four factories in Thailand as a marketing ploy. Same with the drought, they probably seed the clouds early to massively reduce cotton production and sell more shoes. It all makes sense, right?
    Last edited by FixedGear; 01-24-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:14 AM.

California is in early drought.

If it continues, $5 head of lettuce this year is possible. Salad will be 3x more expensive than prime rib.

Its a good year to plant a victory garden.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-24-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    California is in early drought.

If it continues, $5 head of lettuce this year is possible. Salad will be 3x more expensive than prime rib.

Its a good year to plant a victory garden.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...500-years.html

Clearly it's a marketing ploy...
    Last edited by FixedGear; 01-24-2014 at 08:35 AM.

My Ride
    G6

Another global warming thread....

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 09:41 AM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

And I thought CNN was the only one debating climate change in 2014. Bunch of regular scientists in here.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:13 AM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Do I think the climate is changing? Yes, absolutely… it has been changing and will continue to change as it always has and always will. Do I think that pollutants are changing the climate? They likely play a contributing factor… but are not the absolute cause by any means. The world has gone through dramatic changes in climate, I am not ignorant enough to think that suddenly it went static and the only reason it changes is because of people. Really if you look at a bigger picture, the climate changes we experience now are blips on the radar.

What if the world is heading for another ice age? What if the world is heading for a warmer climate? What impact is our presence here really having and is it truly bad, or is it fighting against an even worse natural outcome?

Things like the ozone… yes, man made a hole in it and I congratulate the world on tackling the issue. Since then it has been self repairing… and surprisingly they are crediting the extra C02 as being a factor in a much faster than expected restoration of it. So on the plus side of driving your car to work instead of biking we are not being bombarded with nearly as much radiation.

To me what it comes down to is that global warming scientists… sorry, climate change scientists…. are trying to prove a theory, a theory that has a lot of lucrative little business opportunities embedded within it often with funding from those same businesses. If we can’t even figure out the natural climate change that is occurring, how can we then compare that to a modified one?

The planet is too complex to try and draw definitive conclusions like this… this is why there is a global warming expedition stuck in the ice they projected didn’t even exist during the middle of the Antarctic summer. How naive do you have to be to think you can draw conclusions like that?

All I see is two sides with their own agenda, the truth is lost somewhere in between
    i dont agree with some of your posts, and honestly i may be hanging with too many o&g guys, but im feeling like the scientists may have exaggerated the claims and the possible effects, just a bit.

its a complex issue and tbh im not educated enough to have an informed opinion but i always trust scientists over ppl who have financial interests at heart, which is why ive sided on the global warming/climate change issue, with them.

Originally posted by FixedGear

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...500-years.html

Clearly it's a marketing ploy...
    Well, anyone who has access to a spy satellite can see that the farmers are not planting lettuce and tomatoes.

If California declares certain levels of expected drought for the summer, and Lake mead (and others) are at too low of levels (which might affect electrcial generation) Farmers are told at about this time of year that they will not be legally allowed to use water.

Its fairly easy to do due diligence by driving around and see who planted, and who has legal access to and paid their water allocation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/24/sc...anted=all&_r=0

If bad enough, the state of california will pay farmers a signficant premium not to use water - to ensure there is enough to keep the cities at a minimum level. Or inotherwords: Pay a significant premium to have a farmer grow nothing.

It's a hard sell to the starving people in Africa, the middle east and soon to be Ukraine.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-24-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Do I think the climate is changing? Yes, absolutely… it has been changing and will continue to change as it always has and always will. Do I think that pollutants are changing the climate? They likely play a contributing factor… but are not the absolute cause by any means. The world has gone through dramatic changes in climate, I am not ignorant enough to think that suddenly it went static and the only reason it changes is because of people. Really if you look at a bigger picture, the climate changes we experience now are blips on the radar.

What if the world is heading for another ice age? What if the world is heading for a warmer climate? What impact is our presence here really having and is it truly bad, or is it fighting against an even worse natural outcome?

Things like the ozone… yes, man made a hole in it and I congratulate the world on tackling the issue. Since then it has been self repairing… and surprisingly they are crediting the extra C02 as being a factor in a much faster than expected restoration of it. So on the plus side of driving your car to work instead of biking we are not being bombarded with nearly as much radiation.

To me what it comes down to is that global warming scientists… sorry, climate change scientists…. are trying to prove a theory, a theory that has a lot of lucrative little business opportunities embedded within it often with funding from those same businesses. If we can’t even figure out the natural climate change that is occurring, how can we then compare that to a modified one?

The planet is too complex to try and draw definitive conclusions like this… this is why there is a global warming expedition stuck in the ice they projected didn’t even exist during the middle of the Antarctic summer. How naive do you have to be to think you can draw conclusions like that?

All I see is two sides with their own agenda, the truth is lost somewhere in between.
    Sorry but I couldn't help but point out the irony.
    Ultracrepidarian