Quantcast
Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:10 AM.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Personally I think the BRZ and Albarth would be very easy to live with, but I like small cars. We all would love a day of Abarth:

Thanks. I've seen the first vid but not the BRZ compilation.

I love small cars, too. Good ones are just so much fun to drive, and that is what sports cars are meant to be first and foremost. Probably the reason cars like the original Rabbit GTI are still held in such high regard.

Most fun I ever owned was a '73 Datsun 240Z with triple Webber carbs, exhaust and upgraded wheels and tires. Only about 180hp but at 2500lb the car was a friggin blast!
    Last edited by mslbebiz; 01-29-2014 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Coming from a BMW, any reason to not consider a CPO e90/92?

You should be able to get a 335i with 2-3 years of warranty for low 30s, high 20s if you're open to a sedan... and they often have 1.9% financing promos
    Last edited by Strider; 01-29-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Re: Re: Re: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

Originally posted by max_boost

Why would a GTI bore him? It's one of the best all around cars. At $20K depending on options it's been around the block a few times. He's coming from probably an E46 330.

Yea BRZ, don't bother driving anyone in the back but I think it's a cool looking car. Budgetballer approved cause it's super low maintenance, looks good, handles well and decent power to get around town.
    Oh it's a good car, no doubt. Judging by his previous car and the rest of his selection, OP has a bias towards RWD.

My Ride
    Grimace

I like the GTI, kind of wish I had looked at them instead of getting a TSX. Well built, still under warranty, fun to drive and decent performance and good looks. BRZ would be fun also but I found it to be quite small. I would say GTI or BRZ.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by Strider
    Coming from a BMW, any reason to not consider a CPO e90/92?

You should be able to get a 335i with 2-3 years of warranty for low 30s, high 20s if you're open to a sedan... and they often have 1.9% financing promos
    Not really into a newer 3 series to be honest, mainly due to all the issues these turbo cars have but also I'm just not that fond of them beyond the M3. Most of them are shitty XDrive cars, too. If I was going for a newer BMW, it would be a 128i with M performance package and 6 speed manual or 1M. Arguably the purest driver's cars in their line-up, but rare and hard to find.
    Last edited by mslbebiz; 01-29-2014 at 02:25 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

I would absolutely go with the IS-F.

There is also no way I would go for FWD over RWD. I have had a few FWD cars in a row, and I can't stand them now. Even having an LSD makes it much more enjoyable, but still not the same as AWD or RWD for summer or winter fun.

BRZ would be okay. Definitely fun. But for me, there's not much that will compete with a V8 sports sedan. One of them (S4, IS-F, M3, C63) will very likely be my next vehicle.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I would go with the Lexus out of the list. Seems the most practical yet least boring.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by cjblair
    I would absolutely go with the IS-F.

There is also no way I would go for FWD over RWD. I have had a few FWD cars in a row, and I can't stand them now. Even having an LSD makes it much more enjoyable, but still not the same as AWD or RWD for summer or winter fun.

BRZ would be okay. Definitely fun. But for me, there's not much that will compete with a V8 sports sedan. One of them (S4, IS-F, M3, C63) will very likely be my next vehicle.
    I love RWD and definitely prefer it over FWD, but I'm not a RWD zealot. I've honestly liked some of the small FWD Honda's I've had more than my ZHP 3 series, which on paper doesn't make any sense at all. I actually miss them. As good as the BMW is, they were more fun.

The IS-F is a hell of a car though! I've watched and read countless reviews where it hangs with the best of the V8 supercar sedans and in many reviews was even preferred. For me the fact that it even keeps company with these while retaining the stellar Lexus quality and reliability is a big draw.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by austic
    I would go with the Lexus out of the list. Seems the most practical yet least boring.
    I agree but practicality is overrated haha. I've been known to ride my cafe bike to and from work with as many as 3 bags hanging from me. Backback on my back, laptop bag on one side and messenger bag on the other. Practical, hell no. Fun at all costs, definitely.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I dropped my 135i and bought a BRZ after seeing how much money some of the parts were outside of warranty, even CPO warranty didn't cover any of the stuff on my car that actually failed.

My Ride
    NC1

GTI/Golf most practical out of that grouping.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    I dropped my 135i and bought a BRZ after seeing how much money some of the parts were outside of warranty, even CPO warranty didn't cover any of the stuff on my car that actually failed.
    Nice color BRZ, I love red cars. If I was to go that route I'm torn between silver, white and red and leaning towards silver as this deal on the BRZ only pertains to blowout '13's in white, silver or black. Black is not even a consideration for me.

That's a big reason I want to move on from BMW as well. Sucks to hear even CPO warranty doesn't cover that stuff.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by mslbebiz

Nice color BRZ, I love red cars. If I was to go that route I'm torn between silver, white and red and leaning towards silver as this deal on the BRZ only pertains to blowout '13's in white, silver or black. Black is not even a consideration for me.
    Can't stand black. Red was new for 2014 for the BRZ, I took delivery of the first red on in Calgary, I know another user here took delivery of an identical car last week.

I paid cost plus $500 on mine.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

IS-F as a daily in snow doesn't look like it's very efficient:

We were apprehensive about how the IS F would behave in snow and ice, and by October, we’d fitted our lowrider with four Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 snow tires ($1020). The tires did improve traction, but the car was still a handful in winter. A logbook entry from February: “Even with snow tires, the IS F is awful in snow. It acts like an old-school rear-drive car that’s not on snow tires.”

In winter, our Lexus was often plain scary. It was difficult to get the car moving even in the driver-selectable snow mode, which starts the car off in second gear. When approaching a snowy uphill grade—even a slight one—the F would slip backward, or worse, slip sideways. Also, if snow was deeper than the car’s 4.7-inch ground clearance, its low front end became a clumsy snowplow, and forward motion was more painful than passing a kidney stone.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...l-costs-page-2
    Then again the IS300s also were horrible in the snow even with good winter tires.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by n1zm0
    IS-F as a daily in snow doesn't look like it's very efficient:

Then again the IS300s also were horrible in the snow even with good winter tires.
    I'm guessing this is coming from Americans who don't spend 6 months a year becoming masters of ice and snow driving like we do. I could drive anything in the winter if it had the ground clearance.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by mslbebiz

I'm guessing this is coming from Americans who don't spend 6 months a year becoming masters of ice and snow driving like we do. I could drive anything in the winter if it had the ground clearance.
    This.

If you can't drive an ISF, with snow tires, in the winter then GTFO the roads, you suck ass at driving.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Depends on your tolerance for getting stuck. My 135i was terrible in the winter. I had studded winters but there were at least a handful of days each year that I would have to get the shovel and kitty litter out of the trunk and dig my car out. Don’t get me wrong I had a blast driving it in the winter drifting around every corner but when the snow got too deep it was game over.

I went with a Dinan 335xi and after a couple of winters of never getting stuck I would never consider a non AWD again as a winter DD.

I know the RWD is fine 95% of the time in winter but my love for snowboarding tends to drag me out in the worst winter condtions in search of powder.

My Ride
    MkVi

How are you getting a new BRZ for 26K? Honestly, I have a 2011 GTI, I love it and yea it goes quick with a tune, but sometimes I wish i bought the BRZ.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by M.alex

This.

If you can't drive an ISF, with snow tires, in the winter then GTFO the roads, you suck ass at driving.
    agreed..my gfs accent with all seasons is better than my camaro with studded winters and I still manage.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast