Quantcast
Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Laoz
    How are you getting a new BRZ for 26K? Honestly, I have a 2011 GTI, I love it and yea it goes quick with a tune, but sometimes I wish i bought the BRZ.
    I was going to say something as well! Hook me up if you can get a BRZ all in for $26,000!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 12:06 AM.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

How are you getting a new BRZ for 26K? Honestly, I have a 2011 GTI, I love it and yea it goes quick with a tune, but sometimes I wish i bought the BRZ.
    Why, what leaves you wanting the BRZ?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

maybe he is getting the InRich/Roselover deal?

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by austic
    Depends on your tolerance for getting stuck. My 135i was terrible in the winter. I had studded winters but there were at least a handful of days each year that I would have to get the shovel and kitty litter out of the trunk and dig my car out. Don’t get me wrong I had a blast driving it in the winter drifting around every corner but when the snow got too deep it was game over.

I went with a Dinan 335xi and after a couple of winters of never getting stuck I would never consider a non AWD again as a winter DD.

I know the RWD is fine 95% of the time in winter but my love for snowboarding tends to drag me out in the worst winter condtions in search of powder.
    Originally posted by austic
    maybe he is getting the InRich/Roselover deal?
    I wonder how many people that complain about getting stuck with RWD don't put any sandbags in the trunk? 2 or 3 of these over your rear wheels makes a big difference. So does a full tank of fuel vs running empty. If I was always going on mountain trips I'd probably consider an AWD or something else, too, but I mostly city drive.

No idea what the InRich/Roselover deal is.

The BRZ's actually $27k for fully-loaded, and the GTI's closer to $21k - I just did some quick recall when I posted the thread. As I mentioned earlier, this is plus GST and dealer fees. The ISF is actually less expensive than I originally listed though, they were willing to negotiate a little more.

Surprisingly little love for the 370Z Roadster.

My Ride
    MkVi

Originally posted by mslbebiz

Why, what leaves you wanting the BRZ?
    This might sound silly, but on my daily commute I'd prefer to have fun driving and honing around in a light, rwd car vs in my GTI. That doesn't mean I'm going to be doing 1080 rockstar gangster drifts or anything like that, but the lightweight-ness and rwd seems like it would be suited for what I want out of a daily driver.

Not saying the GTI isn't fun, it has instant torque, corners well and has all the creature comfort you'd want in a daily, like leather heated seats, a sunroof, bluetooth audio/calling and not to mention the practicality of a hatch.

But something in the back of my mind says that I could definitely sacrifice all those things for a fun driving, pursuit (a bit slow) sports car.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

But something in the back of my mind says that I could definitely sacrifice all those things for a fun driving, pursuit (a bit slow) sports car.
    Tested 0-60 times are low 6's for the BRZ, as good as the GTI except at elevation which Calgary definitely gets affected by more than Edmonton. Not a slow car, but by today's bloated paper-performer standards it does seem that way.

My Ride
    MkVi

Tested 0-60 times are low 6's for the BRZ, as good as the GTI except at elevation which Calgary definitely gets affected by more than Edmonton. Not a slow car, but by today's bloated paper-performer standards it does seem that way.
    By slow I meant low torque

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Surprisingly little love for the 370Z Roadster.
    Not surprisingly at all. There's a reason you don't see a lot of them on the road (or 370Z in general). They're ugly as sin and heavy.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

By slow I meant low torque
    Yeah, power is delivered in a different way. For some this is more exciting because you get to (read: have to) wring the engine out to get the best out of it, and there's a certain satisfaction in that just like there is with very different powertrains that deliver gobs of low end torque (which ironically seem to run out of puff at the top end).

My Ride
    MkVi

Yeah, power is delivered in a different way. For some this is more exciting because you get to (read: have to) wring the engine out to get the best out of it, and there's a certain satisfaction in that just like there is with very different powertrains that deliver gobs of low end torque (which ironically seem to run out of puff at the top end).
    Nice job, beautifully said. I've never had the pleasure to drive a car that needs to be driven like that.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Not surprisingly at all. There's a reason you don't see a lot of them on the road (or 370Z in general). They're ugly as sin and heavy.
    Really? They're smaller, lighter, more powerful and better handling than they car they replaced and a better car in virtually every way. Curb weight's around 3,200lb, adding roughly 65lb for the roadster. I wouldn't say they're ugly, especially with the top down. In fact most reviews talk about what a great looking car it is
    Last edited by mslbebiz; 01-29-2014 at 04:31 PM.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Nice job, beautifully said. I've never had the pleasure to drive a car that needs to be driven like that.
    Thanks! For as many people that love it, there's just as many that hate it. I'd be interested to hear what you think coming from the GTI.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    They sure are imo as well..lady @ work has a 370Z vert in white with a cranberry interior..and an auto trans

My Ride
    MkVi

Thanks! For as many people that love it, there's just as many that hate it. I'd be interested to hear what you think coming from the GTI.
    Well, if I happen to ever drive the BRZ or any other car like it, I'll let ya know

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

They sure are imo as well..lady @ work has a 370Z vert in white with a cranberry interior..and an auto trans
    which certainly aligns with the demographic a car like that commands, at least in this part of the world.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

So my BRZ just finished with 3M and there is a HUGE paint defect that looks like they fixed transit damage. 43km on the car, let's see how Centaur handles this.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    So my BRZ just finished with 3M and there is a HUGE paint defect that looks like they fixed transit damage. 43km on the car, let's see how Centaur handles this.

What kind of defect?

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    Hope it gets cleared up. I bought my car at Scott Subaru in Red Deer because I haven't heard the greatest things about the Calgary dealerships.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Interesting to me that nobody is talking about resale values and the potential loss of revenue when talking about the cost of a car. Then there is fuel economy, tires, insurance, etc. You should be looking at the total cost of ownership.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast