Quantcast
Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Laoz
    How are you getting a new BRZ for 26K? Honestly, I have a 2011 GTI, I love it and yea it goes quick with a tune, but sometimes I wish i bought the BRZ.
    There was a black one at Subaru Calgary in the showroom for under $26g just before Christmas.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    which certainly aligns with the demographic a car like that commands, at least in this part of the world.
    51 years old & "young at heart?"

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Weird, I've never seen the Z as anything but a solid sports car, with the 370Z representing the best iteration yet. I definitely don't get an old lady vibe from it lol.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by mslbebiz
    Weird, I've never seen the Z as anything but a solid sports car, with the 370Z representing the best iteration yet. I definitely don't get an old lady vibe from it lol.
    If you saw the one I'm referring to, with said older lady in it you would haha. It's sad because it's a great engine. Too bad it's an auto and a really ugly vert.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I'd say BRZ or the GTI. Not a fan of the 370z styling at all. The ISF is a great car if you don't mind auto only but only 2010+ when they revised the suspension. The 2008s ride absolutely horribly... Much too stiff.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by A2VR6
    I'd say BRZ or the GTI. Not a fan of the 370z styling at all. The ISF is a great car if you don't mind auto only but only 2010+ when they revised the suspension. The 2008s ride absolutely horribly... Much too stiff.
    2008-2010 have the same suspension, 2010 adds LSD, 2011+ has the new suspension.

I drove my IS F in the winter just fine. I've seen a few other ones in calgary that are winter driven as well.

I doubt many people who have posted in this thread have driven the IS F but it's not what I consider to be a fun to drive car. If you want a sporty, fun to drive car there are only two worth considering: BRZ/FRS and Fiesta ST.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Is the Abarth getting no attention because no one's driven it? Considering all the votes the BRZ has gotten, I know many BRZ/FRS owners have moved into Abarth's instead from reading the various forums so that has to count for something.

Originally posted by gpomp
    2008-2010 have the same suspension, 2010 adds LSD, 2011+ has the new suspension.

I drove my IS F in the winter just fine. I've seen a few other ones in calgary that are winter driven as well.

I doubt many people who have posted in this thread have driven the IS F but it's not what I consider to be a fun to drive car. If you want a sporty, fun to drive car there are only two worth considering: BRZ/FRS and Fiesta ST.
    I'd have to say I would pick an Abarth every time over a Fiesta ST.

Surprised to see you say the ISF isn't fun to drive! All the reviews I've seen are filled with shit eating grins and talk about how fun it is to drive.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The Abarth would be fun as hell in the summer. Not sure how it would hold up in the winter though.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Can't stand black. Red was new for 2014 for the BRZ, I took delivery of the first red on in Calgary, I know another user here took delivery of an identical car last week.

I paid cost plus $500 on mine.
    That would be me
    Honestly I'm loving the car right now even with factory summers on, just came back tonight after a bit of hooning in an industrial area lol

IMO I do feel it needs a little more power. But for what it is design and created for, it's a great car and looks sooo good

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    So my BRZ just finished with 3M and there is a HUGE paint defect that looks like they fixed transit damage. 43km on the car, let's see how Centaur handles this.
    That's why I did my own 3M and nit pick the shit out of the car when I went to the dealership
    I know exactly what they'll do. They'll rip off the 3M of location, lay on touch up paint, shave off the excess, and redo.

Too bad the only damage I got was on the spoiler and received paint this evening
    Last edited by Heru-Farukon; 01-30-2014 at 01:00 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Both the Fiesta ST and Fiat Abarth have electronic versions of LSD's (torque vectoring or something) I believe.. should make them at least semi-useful in snowy conditions?

After all the insanely positive reviews the fiesta st is getting i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned. I'm surprised the focus st hasn't been mentioned as well, they can be had for under or around 30 used now I think.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

The ST vehicles are great and some of the users here work for Ford and maybe able to get you a discount.

Fun little cars as well but never liked the front ends of them lol
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

I would go with the BRZ or the IS-F. Test them both see how you like them. The 370Z roadster is just an ugly machine.... The Fiat is fun im sure but it is not built for life in Canada, to small, better to get a civic over a fiat. The VW is a decent choice also.
    My problem with the BRZ was that it just felt like a toy to me. Not necessarily a car... If that makes sense. It is a fun little machine tho.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

My problem with the BRZ was that it just felt like a toy to me. Not necessarily a car... If that makes sense. It is a fun little machine tho.
    +1 this is pretty true. Maybe that's the reason on why we bought them.
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Heru-Farukon

I sold my beater so now it's my daily, it's as close as I can get to a go kart for the road in my price range, I love it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Shameless plug, I'm selling my FR-S in the near future (mostly waiting for snow to melt since its parked all winter). Would come with BBS LM wheels / 3m / tint / otherwise stock.

Also as for the 26k BRZ, not sure about that. Mine was '27k' new but with taxes and delivery and such it was 31k

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

The BRZ's are '13 close-outs basically, hence the discount.

Don't really like the Fords, styling sucks - just don't see myself behind the wheel of one. Maybe if the Focus ST was 3 door, but I can't stand the 5 door design.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Surprised the S2K and RX8 haven't come up as options yet. I was in same boat as OP and almost pulled the trigger on a 2011 370z with very low kms, but it just didn't feel right. 10 minutes in an RX-8 (after a few traffic circle rips) and I was in love with the driving dynamics, this car is just so easy to drive at speed. LSD + 9k redline makes for one awesome winter drift car

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    Surprised the S2K and RX8 haven't come up as options yet. I was in same boat as OP and almost pulled the trigger on a 2011 370z with very low kms, but it just didn't feel right. 10 minutes in an RX-8 (after a few traffic circle rips) and I was in love with the driving dynamics, this car is just so easy to drive at speed. LSD + 9k redline makes for one awesome winter drift car
    I thought about getting one for a while, but don't those have self-destructing engines and common flooding problems? Are there certain years that are better than others?

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Heru-Farukon
    You bought one too?? Looking forward to seeing both of them at the Wed meets. Always preferred the BRZ over the FRS

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast