Quantcast
Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox of choice, what would you choose and why?

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    lol.. my 1.3L is getting about the same or slightly worse mileage city this winter, also lots of hooning though.

Good point on the handling.. the car I grew up with was on shitty tires and had stock suspension, I can see tires alone making a huge difference in grip. If you bring it up to Castrol for a road course day let me know!
    Wow..I've heard that the RX8s get bad mileage but that is outrageous!! How can such a small engine be so inefficient? I guess because of how high it revs?!

Tires for sure made a difference. When it had the stocker 235 x 16's on it I wouldn't dare push it hard around corners. For sure man! I plan on bringing it to a road course day.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Wow..I've heard that the RX8s get bad mileage but that is outrageous!! How can such a small engine be so inefficient? I guess because of how high it revs?!

Tires for sure made a difference. When it had the stocker 235 x 16's on it I wouldn't dare push it hard around corners. For sure man! I plan on bringing it to a road course day.
    Rotary compression by design is much more innefficient than reciprocating.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by mslbebiz
    Rotary compression by design is much more innefficient than reciprocating.
    Helps explain why they never took off in popularity. Also, with CAFE it would be very tough to meet EPA standards for such a small engine unless you had an 8 speed tranny.

It's too bad, because they sound so cool!!

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

The RX8 is a super fun car to drive, but just needs alot of attention. I've owned mine new since 2006, and have winter driven it 2 years then summer only (after I put on the body kit). I knew what I signed up for so I have the routine from day 1 on
    1) checking / topping engine oil every 2nd fill up
    2) never shut off the engine cold (even if i'm just moving it out of the driveway, I let it run for 10 mins or so before turning off)
    3) also rev up to ~ 3k rpm before turning off
    4) service at mazda
    5) keep an eye on the engine coil + spark plugs (just replaced them)

I've never had any issues with the car and it's still running strong. I would never recommend anyone buying them used though unless they know that the previous owner took care of the car appropriately than just regular maintenance.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

OK guys, first I just want to say thanks for all the feedback! Never thought this thread would go 7 pages haha.

Second, I'm going to pick up my Mk6 Candy White 3 door GTI tomorrow morning . 6 speed, sunroof, Bi-Xenons, Dynaudio, Detroit 18" wheels, leather, heated seats. Can't wait. It's always been on my list of cars to own, so I'm pretty excited.
    Last edited by mslbebiz; 01-31-2014 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Helps explain why they never took off in popularity. Also, with CAFE it would be very tough to meet EPA standards for such a small engine unless you had an 8 speed tranny.

It's too bad, because they sound so cool!!
    They also consume/burn a small amount of oil to keep the apex seals lubed, new emissions standards prevent them from doing that. Until they figure out a way around that they can't really even bring a new rotary RX-Whatever to the market as it won't meet emissions.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by mslbebiz
    OK guys, first I just want to say thanks for all the feedback! Never thought this thread would go 7 pages haha.

Second, I'm going to pick up my Mk6 Candy White 3 door GTI tomorrow morning . 6 speed, sunroof, leather, heated seats. Can't wait. It's always been on my list of cars to own, so I'm pretty excited.
    Good choice

Hey guys I might be missing something here, but can someone explain what is so special about the GTI? I mean if I was considering the BRZ the 370Z or the lexus, it would never cross my mind to throw the GTI in the mix.
    Personally I believe the car is boring looking compare to the other 3, is it just because its fast?
    Just to be clear I am not saying the OP made a bad decision nor I mean to say the GTI sucks, I just think there is something I am missing that makes this car such a popular choice.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by 3drian
    Hey guys I might be missing something here, but can someone explain what is so special about the GTI? I mean if I was considering the BRZ the 370Z or the lexus, it would never cross my mind to throw the GTI in the mix.
    Personally I believe the car is boring looking compare to the other 3, is it just because its fast?
    Just to be clear I am not saying the OP made a bad decision nor I mean to say the GTI sucks, I just think there is something I am missing that makes this car such a popular choice.
    It's because the car does everything well. To paraphrase how Top Gear describes it, for most car enthusiasts the GTI is all the car you'll ever need.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Yep, and the 2 liter is a very very nice engine. Can make gobs of torque/power with a simple reflash and exhaust.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Here is a decent one for you:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ555839117
    Thanks, but I'm going to pick up a GTI in the morning.

Why are we seeing so many of these BRZ/FRS cars back on the market already with very little KM considering how few have been sold so far? Is the novelty wearing off fast?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Because winter.

Im sure most of these couldnt leave the driveway this past month
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I think it's cause there was so much hype upon them and that it didn't fulfill what they were expecting
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

My Ride
    Silverado

Good to see that one of these threads actually resulted in the OP buying a car.

Congrats.

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Congrats.
    Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's feedback! It was a tough choice between the GTI and the ISF, but the GTI is a great deal and it is basically exactly how I would build/option it. Besides, I can always get an ISF later on if I feel the urge.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Congrats.

Post some pics up dude!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

GTI is a best of all worlds type of car. Does everything decently well and that's what appeals to a lot of people.

I've owned and driven a lot of these cars and I'd love to have a GTI again. For pure fun though I think Fiesta ST would be my top pick too. Car is amazing to drive. The only downside I can think of is that its very small inside. ISF is boring as hell once you get used to the power (2 hours later).

I am in the market for a new vehicle and I have to admit I loved the GTI when I had it. Fun, zippy car with a surprising amount of cargo area.

Congrats!

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

Ok, so I brought the new car home yesterday, in a snow storm, with no winter tires - fun!

But it's not what I said it was, I changed my mind. Drove the GTI and this back to back and this was just so much more substantial, near brand new, and once I wound the engine out and found a traffic circle to get the tail out a little on the test drive, I was sold. Got an awesome deal too, being the middle of winter.

2010 with 15,000kms, fully loaded touring with sport package, 6 speed/Syncro Rev Match, 19" forged Rays Engineering wheels, mint condition. I don't have any pics yet of my car, but it looks exactly like this:

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...04/Main-TU.jpg

I really wanted a roadster this year, plus the color matches my motorcyle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast