Quantcast
Can light daily exercise help me lose weight? - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can light daily exercise help me lose weight?

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Dumbass17

Yeah it is.
    I'm just doing it for Mexico at the end of March, and to see if I actually have abs haha.
    Ignore the Daily Goals at the bottom.
    3 eggs for dinner - that's it? Dude, I would die. Good on you if you can keep that up. And you might already know this, but if you want the best results you should also be doing ab exercises - 6 pack in no time.

Hey flipstah, are you reading this?!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Originally posted by HyperZell

3 eggs for dinner - that's it? Dude, I would die. Good on you if you can keep that up. And you might already know this, but if you want the best results you should also be doing ab exercises - 6 pack in no time.

Hey flipstah, are you reading this?!
    yeah, well see i have my 1/2cup oats with 1cup water & a cup of black coffee about 45-60mins before the gym in the evening, that usually keeps me pretty full/energized. Then after the gym I have my protein shake. I'm also in bed around 930pm everynight.
    I'm also trying to do cardio/abs 3x/week before work.
    I wrote down all the exercises from P90X's Ab Ripper X program and do those post workouts.
    This morning, I did 30mins elliptical then Ab Ripper X and came to work. Tonight will be arms after work. This diet obviously is playing havoc on my size, can't get bigger when you eat like this

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

yeah, well see i have my 1/2cup oats with 1cup water & a cup of black coffee about 45-60mins before the gym in the evening, that usually keeps me pretty full/energized. Then after the gym I have my protein shake. I'm also in bed around 930pm everynight.
    I'm also trying to do cardio/abs 3x/week before work.
    I wrote down all the exercises from P90X's Ab Ripper X program and do those post workouts.
    This morning, I did 30mins elliptical then Ab Ripper X and came to work. Tonight will be arms after work. This diet obviously is playing havoc on my size, can't get bigger when you eat like this
    So with the breakfast you are making its just that and 1 cup of water? And I don't see coffee on there... This just looks like an unhealthy crash diet, if that's actually all you eat.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by GTS4tw

So with the breakfast you are making its just that and 1 cup of water? And I don't see coffee on there... This just looks like an unhealthy crash diet, if that's actually all you eat.
    Nescafe Rich - Instant Hazelnut Coffee, 1tsp powder, 5 cals
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Nope
    See the screenshot I posted.
    Breakfast is 1/2cup oats, 1cup water, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and the Nescafe coffee. If you don't gobble down your oats, they are surprisingly filling

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Nope
    See the screenshot I posted.
    Breakfast is 1/2cup oats, 1cup water, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and the Nescafe coffee. If you don't gobble down your oats, they are surprisingly filling
    Cool, i like the sounds of this. I wonder about the lack of fruits and veggies, but maybe that's my problem, too much fruit.

These diets are so intense though. I am trying to get in shape, but I am eating double what you are for sure, volume wise, and what I eat is 10x less food than any "non-dieter" I know. You must be burning more through exercise alone than you are taking in calorie wise, and I don't really understand how your body will continue to produce energy?

These diets must totally depend on metabolism before the diet, as I know guys who can eat 4000 calories every day and lose weight, and people who eat super healthy and stay fat. If they went on the same diet, it seems like the 4000 calorie guy would die.

Cool, i like the sounds of this. I wonder about the lack of fruits and veggies, but maybe that's my problem, too much fruit.

These diets are so intense though. I am trying to get in shape, but I am eating double what you are for sure, volume wise, and what I eat is 10x less food than any "non-dieter" I know. You must be burning more through exercise alone than you are taking in calorie wise, and I don't really understand how your body will continue to produce energy?

These diets must totally depend on metabolism before the diet, as I know guys who can eat 4000 calories every day and lose weight, and people who eat super healthy and stay fat. If they went on the same diet, it seems like the 4000 calorie guy would die.
    The screenshot I posted would be my lowest day so far. I usually take a ziploc bag to work with mixed stuff in it - sliced peppers, cucumbers, celery, baby carrots etc.
    I don't really know what I'm doing lol, who knows, so I wouldn't use my diet as a guide at all. I am just eating what I consider healthy, somewhat satisfying and low calorie. So far I feel good and am starting to lose the small bit of fat ponch I gained over the Xmas holidays. The hardest part is making any gains at the gym, size wise.
    I find it rather easy to stick to the diet Mon-Fri, but the weekend is obviously the hardest part. I'll have turkey bacon and eggs for brekky either Sat & Sun or at least one day.
    Now the question is, do I go for wings tomorrow? So hard cause I LOVE wings and beer, but one meal like this pretty much destroys a weeks worth of work

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

http://imgur.com/pDCbkY5
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man i feel bad for you guys. You make dieting so tremendously difficult.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Alright, I've been on and off this MyFitnessPal app for about two years now.

I do two hours of jitsu on Tuesday and Thursday and the odd Sunday, along with Convict Conditioning on my off days. When I punch in martial arts for 120 minutes, it says I burned 1996 calories!!!

During a 2 hour class I drink about 5 cups water and lose probably 3lbs on average. This is all water loss.

We do 4 hour grading with 2 hour course and I will drink 10-15 cups of water and eat in between and still drop 7-10lbs during the day. Also water loss, I'm not going to kid myself. The app says almost 6000 calories for the 6 hours...?

I'm 6'4" and not a small guy. But 1996 calories? Does this even seem realistic?

I don't make up for it in my calorie count, I just accept the loss for the day, but I don't want to be patting myself on the back for something I haven't done.

Also, if this is true...I've been eating like garbage for the past three years! I've dropped waist size but not much weight! I admit fully to eating like garbage btw, I just don't know any better (but I'm learning).

This thread is helping me out quite a bit actually, I'm cutting LOADS of carbs from my diet and adding lots of protein. Now it's time to add willpower...

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by syscal
    , I'm cutting LOADS of carbs from my diet and adding lots of protein. Now it's time to add willpower...
    That's 80% of the battle right there.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Geez, according to other sites MFP is counting low on the calorie count. I'd rather it count low than high, but it's surprising. I guess I could have done the search before I typed out my life story.

edit :: if I choose "Judo, karate, kick boxing, tae kwan do" instead of generic martial arts it comes out to the same as other sites - 2268 calories

I'll stick with the lower count Martial Arts.
    Last edited by syscal; 02-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by syscal
    I'm 6'4" and not a small guy. But 1996 calories? Does this even seem realistic?
    If I can burn 450 calories in 30 minutes on a treadmill it's not unrealistic to see 2,000 calories for something more intense.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by flipstah

That and having people like Disoblige and MB egg you on is motivation as well.

I'll egg you on more sure. Give you 3 months to train on any event

Bench more than me, pay you $1000. If you can't beat me, you owe me $500.
    Beat me in a singles game of Badminton, pay you $1000. If you can't beat me, pay me $250.
    Throw harder than me in Dodgeball, pay you $500. If you can't, pay me $500.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I wonder if Mar's diet has changed even slightly yet.

I'll just go with no.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by Mar

It is kind of odd though. I've got:
    - hundreds of NES games on my Wii.
    - hundreds of NES games on my NES PowerPak.
    - hundreds of NES cartridges in my basement.

So I've got every game at least 3 times. Good thing work slowed down for a couple of days.
    Seems like you have some time on your hands. Maybe do more than 15 minutes of light exercise?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by msommers
    I wonder if Mar's diet has changed even slightly yet.

I'll just go with no.
    Breakfast yesterday was a half cup of cereal with milk, then a tall non-fat latte after I left the house. When I got home I had a banana and then my girlfriend cooked tuna melts for supper. Afterwards I had half a cup of dried fruit as a snack.

Breakfast today was a bowl of cut up fruit:
    - grapes
    - strawberries
    - blueberries
    - raspberries
    - blackberries
    - a plum
    - a kiwi with skin

I had breakfast around noon so I didn't bother to have lunch but I had some dried fruit as a snack until my girlfriend gets home from work and cooks.

All the leftover carrot muffins on the counter got tossed in the garbage. So ya, it's changed a little bit.

Current weight as of this morning: 196.2 pounds.

Originally posted by jsn

Seems like you have some time on your hands. Maybe do more than 15 minutes of light exercise?
    I knew someone would pick up on that. Work slowed down for 2 days but yesterday a client signed off on a new project scope and I'm meeting with another to get signed off on tomorrow. That'll triple my work load for the next couple of months. Also when I worked on those games was 2am this morning when my girlfriend was in bed. Can't really exercise instead.
    Last edited by Mar; 02-11-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

^^^good job, Mars

baby steps, my friend. It all counts towards weightloss and a healthier you.

(jesus, that sounded like Hal Johnson & Joanne Macleod, my bad)

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I found the first real attempt I made at eating 'healthier' I was eating lots of fruits and them smaller amounts of bread/pasta/rice/etc and attempting to eat what I thought was healthier and it made a small difference (maybe what you're seeing now) but in the long run you just slowly creep back into old habits when you're only loosing 0.5-1 lbs per week while starving yourself. It leaves no room for error either.

Read the damn RFL book and stop eating fruit/bread/cheese. Even if you don't follow it 100%, it will still engrain the thought of having to eat a more balanced diet which included protein and vegetables, neither of which you're eating. You should be eating green veggies with every meal.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Mar
    Also when I worked on those games was 2am this morning when my girlfriend was in bed. Can't really exercise instead.
    Sounds like you really missed an opportunity to exercise there.
    -U

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast