Quantcast
Chinese Buffets in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Chinese Buffets in Calgary

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The depths of despair!
    My Ride
    Anything topless.
    Posts
    3,076
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Chinese Buffets in Calgary

    I'm looking for a restaurant that can accommodate around 50 people and has pretty decent Chinese food and not too overpriced. Any recommendations?

    I've seen prices range from $15.99 - $21.99 so far and no one seems to give a deal for parties of this size. Anyway, let me know what you guys have been to.

    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

    WTF!! I am a moderator!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    whenever my friends' kids have birthdays, this is the go-to place:

    http://www.asianbuffet328.com/
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,128
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Yangtze up in Deerfoot Mall?

    Big enough for your party. Food is ok and has variety but you can't expect great food with buffet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Home Food Inn might be a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    Yangtze up in Deerfoot Mall?

    Big enough for your party. Food is ok and has variety but you can't expect great food with buffet.
    I think they closed down already.
    I haven't been inside but it looks like half the deeerfoot mall is closed down for the big renovation.
    Insurance Pro

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,504
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Chinese Village

    wait, are you looking for dinner or lunch?
    heloc that shit

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The depths of despair!
    My Ride
    Anything topless.
    Posts
    3,076
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    Yangtze up in Deerfoot Mall?

    Big enough for your party. Food is ok and has variety but you can't expect great food with buffet.
    Called them. They are closed for renovations which I took as either:
    A) They have a depleted labour force that consisted of illegal immigrants who were forced to leave the country
    or
    B) They have to get their health standards up to code so they can legally sell their food which means getting rid of the cockroaches or whatever infestation they have going on in the kitchen!

    Either way, I love the food and it was my first go to place but it's ashamed that they're closed!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

    WTF!! I am a moderator!!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The depths of despair!
    My Ride
    Anything topless.
    Posts
    3,076
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally posted by max_boost
    Home Food Inn might be a good option.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about these guys. I'll have to give them a shout.

    How's Peking Peking for large parties?


    Originally posted by lint
    Chinese Village

    wait, are you looking for dinner or lunch?
    Looking for Dinner.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

    WTF!! I am a moderator!!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cow-Town
    My Ride
    2014 Ralliart
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    regency or treasures of china

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Originally posted by LUDELVR


    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about these guys. I'll have to give them a shout.

    How's Peking Peking for large parties?




    Looking for Dinner.
    It would be your cheapest option but the space isn't suitable for large parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgar3h
    My Ride
    S14|TB1
    Posts
    4,665
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Booking the whole of Taipan on macleod will probably fit 50 ppl

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    TSX
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    whenever my friends' kids have birthdays, this is the go-to place:

    http://www.asianbuffet328.com/
    This place is disgusting!!! Do not go.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    ^ all subjective. I've had good experiences there. Good or bad... it's just a buffet, eat what you want.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,128
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by LUDELVR


    Called them. They are closed for renovations which I took as either:
    A) They have a depleted labour force that consisted of illegal immigrants who were forced to leave the country
    or
    B) They have to get their health standards up to code so they can legally sell their food which means getting rid of the cockroaches or whatever infestation they have going on in the kitchen!

    Either way, I love the food and it was my first go to place but it's ashamed that they're closed!!
    Home Food Inn and China Rose can both accommodate party that size.

    YangTze plan to reopen in late March or early April, pending reno. And I'm sure price will go up after they are back.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
    Posts
    2,462
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I used to like China Rose (just off Memorial & 28 St) but I haven't been there in two or three years.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    W204
    Posts
    2,706
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    There's the former Singapore Sam's on 32nd.

    The Chinese Village downtown on 6th St. is probably best bet in terms of food quality though their buffet is generally smaller than others.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The depths of despair!
    My Ride
    Anything topless.
    Posts
    3,076
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally posted by clem24
    There's the former Singapore Sam's on 32nd.

    The Chinese Village downtown on 6th St. is probably best bet in terms of food quality though their buffet is generally smaller than others.
    Do you remember the name of that place on 32nd? I was just thkmong of them and was going to call but I can't remember what they're called.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

    WTF!! I am a moderator!!


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    M3
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by LUDELVR


    Do you remember the name of that place on 32nd? I was just thkmong of them and was going to call but I can't remember what they're called.
    It's called Eastern Treasures I think.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by max_boost
    Home Food Inn might be a good option.
    Went there last month, for the first time, and wouldn't recommend that place at all.

    I know it's been around a while, but from what I've heard, they aren't as good as they used to be (ie. 5+ years ago).

    32% rating on UrbanSpoon doesn't lie either...


Similar Threads

  1. Calgary's best breakfast buffets

    By zipdoa in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
  2. calgary buffets

    By jahobo in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
  3. Any good buffets inside a hotel or casino in Calgary?

    By guessboi in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 01-22-2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Caucasian Style Buffets

    By dj_rice in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 29
    Latest Threads: 07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
  5. Buffets

    By Speed_69 in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 04-27-2005, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •