Quantcast
Subway to change bread recipe after petition goes viral - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Subway to change bread recipe after petition goes viral

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by firebane

I never said they were fake. Go eat a pickle made from someones garden and tell which you'd prefer to have on a sandwhich..

That is what I meant by real.
    Garden pickle...you mean a cucumber? A cucumber is not a pickle until it is pickled. You can't just go out a grab a pickle from the garden.

Pickled cucumber

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by clem24
    http://fast-food-nutrition.findthebe...ickles-3-chips

3 pickles are 115mg of sodium. But when was the last time you had 3 pickles on a sub (when the typical burger has 1 or 2?). On a standard 6" sub, I usually see about 5 or 6 MINIMUM, and most people usually request more.
    LOL.. and that's different from regular pickles how? I know where you're coming from though...

http://www.fatsecret.ca/calories-nut...onamount=1.000
    1 pickle slice.. Sodium 77mg 3%

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Maybelater
    Fuck sweet pickles

I always wished that sandwich shops offered sauerkraut, I know that has health benefits to it, the real fermented sauerkraut that is, not the pickled kind.

Just had a foot-long yoga mat. Was great
    Euro

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This thread gave me a craving for subway. Went for Italian BMT. was delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by codetrap
    LOL.. and that's different from regular pickles how? I know where you're coming from though...

http://www.fatsecret.ca/calories-nut...onamount=1.000
    1 pickle slice.. Sodium 77mg 3%
    I didn't mention anything about 'regular' pickles - some other user did. All I said is that people pile on the pickles without realizing how bad they are for you, Subway pickles or otherwise.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You should put 3 drops of Tea Tree oil, and 5 drops of Apple Cider essential oil on your stomach to draw the toxins out. You could die otherwise.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by seer_claw

Garden pickle...you mean a cucumber? A cucumber is not a pickle until it is pickled. You can't just go out a grab a pickle from the garden.

Pickled cucumber
    No, you just got out to Grandma's pickle orchard and grab one right off the branch

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Grabbed a Steak and Cheese w/ extra onions and chipotle mayo

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I love how this thread turned into a discussion about the pickle salt epidemic.
    Vettel's #1

It's that clem24 and his anti-pickle ways.

Seriously though, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a home-made pickle (lovingly produced from a coddled home-grown cucumber) versus a Subway pickle (very much not lovingly created from probably a farm produced cucumber) versus a Heinz or vlasic branded pickle (also probably very much not lovingly created from probably a farm produced cucumber).

Pickling cucumbers to get something similar to what Subway offers means a brine solution will be involved and that will include salt - doesn't matter if it's a Subway pickle or a lovingly made home-made pickle or a branded pickle, salt will be part of the mix.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by btimbit
    No, you just got out to Grandma's pickle orchard and grab one right off the branch
    I dream of such places

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by speedog
    It's that clem24 and his anti-pickle ways.

Seriously though, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a home-made pickle (lovingly produced from a coddled home-grown cucumber) versus a Subway pickle (very much not lovingly created from probably a farm produced cucumber) versus a Heinz or vlasic branded pickle (also probably very much not lovingly created from probably a farm produced cucumber).

Pickling cucumbers to get something similar to what Subway offers means a brine solution will be involved and that will include salt - doesn't matter if it's a Subway pickle or a lovingly made home-made pickle or a branded pickle, salt will be part of the mix.
    Again, I am not anti-pickle, nor do I distinguish between homemade vs. Subway, etc... In fact, I love pickles and used to ask for extras, until I realized how much salt they contained. I am saying people eating Subway still somehow think their pickle and various sauce laden sub is healthier than a Big Mac when in reality they're all just as bad.

When I go eat at A&W now, I actually ask for my patty without seasoning. Yes it's blander but overall it tastes so much better when you don't have to chug a gallon of Root Beer to deal with all the salt. As an added bonus they usually make you a fresh patty LOL.

Hey I eat a ton of fast food, but in the end, like that's been mentioned, it all about the choices you make (and I tend to make bad ones hahaha).
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Again, I am not anti-pickle, nor do I distinguish between homemade vs. Subway, etc... In fact, I love pickles and used to ask for extras, until I realized how much salt they contained. I am saying people eating Subway still somehow think their pickle and various sauce laden sub is healthier than a Big Mac when in reality they're all just as bad.

When I go eat at A&W now, I actually ask for my patty without seasoning. Yes it's blander but overall it tastes so much better when you don't have to chug a gallon of Root Beer to deal with all the salt. As an added bonus they usually make you a fresh patty LOL.

Hey I eat a ton of fast food, but in the end, like that's been mentioned, it all about the choices you make (and I tend to make bad ones hahaha).
    If you eat at A&W, that automatically disqualifies you from slandering pickles.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    G6

I used to eat at Subway a fair bit. Veggies were always hit and miss. They had this BBQ Rib sandwich which was killer. Then one time I got violently ill eating the BBQ Rib. Thought it was a one time thing, and went back and had their breakfast sandwich; got violently ill again. That place grosses me out now. Their sweet onion chicken teriaki tastes nothing like chicken and their philly cheese steak tastes nothing like steak! I'm getting my subs from Sunterra now.

Although if they brought back the BBQ Rib, I might go back...

Originally posted by n1zm0
    I always wished that sandwich shops offered sauerkraut, I know that has health benefits to it, the real fermented sauerkraut that is, not the pickled kind.
    That would be incredible!

Enough already. So much misinformation and bro-science in this thread.

Salt is NOT that bad for you.

The problem is that processed foods filled with bad fats and highly refined carbohydrates often contain a lot of salt. So by saying you should cut back on salt often means (for many who are obese) that they cut back on processed food. However you can cut back all of the salt you want and still be fat.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...e-war-on-salt/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/op...pagewanted=all

http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/1...-is-it-really/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-..._b_903673.html

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

If you eat at A&W, that automatically disqualifies you from slandering pickles.
    Seriously like I said I don't have a problem with them, nor am I anti-pickle, nor did I slander them - someone else did. For the n'th time, it's other people who pile them on... Ah forget it. I keep forgetting reading > most of beyond.

Seriously like I said I don't have a problem with them, nor am I anti-pickle, nor did I slander them - someone else did. For the n'th time, it's other people who pile them on... Ah forget it. I keep forgetting reading > most of beyond.
    It's that clem24 and his anti-pickle ways. (see this wink and the one I posted earlier above - was just kidding with you, not all is as it appears)

My Ride
    Hybrid

So much Subway hate lol

Subway is my default lunch when I don't cook the night before.
    Footlong pizza sub minus the pizza sauce... $5 footlongs ftw.

Never had any issues with the freshness of the vegetables, but maybe because I only go to high volume (high turnover) locations.

Could it be healthier? Sure... but I'm not gonna sit here and join the hatewagon and blame them for what I choose to put on my sub.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by speedog

It's that clem24 and his anti-pickle ways. (see this wink and the one I posted earlier above - was just kidding with you, not all is as it appears)
    Haha well when I read posts at work, I turn off pictures so I can't see smileys or embedded pics and only actually see smileys when I hit reply. Appreciate that you are one of the few who read.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Let this go down in history as The Great Pickle Debacle of 2014. We also wore onions on our belts, it was the style at the time
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast