Quantcast
What a ride, a TV series binge of "Les Revenants" The Returned : Season 1 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What a ride, a TV series binge of "Les Revenants" The Returned : Season 1

Default What a ride, a TV series binge of "Les Revenants" The Returned : Season 1

Nearly eight hours in total for S01, complete with subtitles "Les Revenants" was everything the critics have been writing about since late last year. Each episode ended with more questions and plot lines, had to do the entire series in one sitting. Eating anything while watching, only meant some confusion as I'd miss the subtitles. At one point, the confusion was over someone who was dead or could be dead. Which is it? Both story lines will work. As the credits for episode eight came up so quickly, I was certain there was another episode in the season... but no it ends as it begins, with more questions. Highly recommended. I got my copy from the usual online sources for these things. There is a UK and upcoming USA production, like most things in life go with the original "Les Revenants".

Set in an alpine town small enough that everyone seems to know one another yet big enough to hide in, it is miles away, in every way, from the squelching video-game carnage and post-apocalyptic tropes of "The Walking Dead" and its myriad predecessors and kin. One is tempted to say that it is very French Ñ first, because it is, in fact, French. Originally titled "Les Revenants," it was adapted by Fabrice Gobert from Robin Campillo's quite different 2004 film of that name, translated then as "They Came Back."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#ixzz2slKwQQOh
    Metacritic review, a very solid 92 out of 100: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-returned

Series music by Mogwai (Who knew they could do semi-ambient?):

Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-08-2014 at 02:35 PM.