Quantcast
DYC DipSprayer System in canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: DYC DipSprayer System in canada

My Ride
    2005 Ford Escape V6

Default DYC DipSprayer System in canada

Hey I was wondering where I can get the new DYC dipsprayer system here in canada, the reason being that I dont want to buy the earlex because it is not specifically designed for plasti dip, which is the only kind of paint I will ever be working with. Alsoo if anyone has any news on when DYC canada will be open please share .

PS: Not really 100% sure if I'm posting to many threads, sorry if it's against the rules.

My Ride
    Lease

There is dipyoucar.ca Canada based on Quebec http://dipcanada.ca/en/about-treasures-elite/company/

The sprayer that comes when you buy from DYC (at least in my experience, is a Earlex sprayer) I find that it worked well.

Props for dipping, I think it's cool... guess it's not really catching on.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/364459/project-hailboy/

My Ride
    2005 Ford Escape V6

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    There is dipyoucar.ca Canada based on Quebec http://dipcanada.ca/en/about-treasures-elite/company/

The sprayer that comes when you buy from DYC (at least in my experience, is a Earlex sprayer) I find that it worked well.

Props for dipping, I think it's cool... guess it's not really catching on.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/364459/project-hailboy/
    Really? From what I have seen lately Ive seen way more dipped cars than I used to, granted there are barely any fully dipped. Thanks for yhe intfo though!

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

Plasti Dip is to thick to spray so you need to thin it out but when you thin it you loose pigment where as rubber dip is thinned out and has the same amount of pigment as plasti dip

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

If you ever plan on taking the dip off I'd think twice before doing it. It's no where near as easy as it is in the videos, especially if some areas have less coverage.

I just spent 5 hours with an industrial pressure washer stripping the stuff that didn't come off easily. I used 3 gallons on an a4 and it still wasn't thick enough everywhere to come off easily.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Lease

There's got to be an easier way. Thought I read somewhere some ppl spray wd-40 first and then pressure wash it off right away.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    There's got to be an easier way. Thought I read somewhere some ppl spray wd-40 first and then pressure wash it off right away.

I tried a pile of methods.

Started with peeling by hand which went alright in spots that were sprayed heavier but the second you hit a snag you're fucked. around door handles or any random seam there's always excess which you can't really peel.

So I went to one of the bumpers and tried wd-40, it didn't really make a difference, so I tried liquid wrench which basically turned it to a glue-like substance so then I moved on to brakekleen which was a total disaster and made it nearly impossible to come off.

If you do use any type of product that may break it down don't use a pressure washer on it at all, it'll spray little blobs of broken down plastidip everywhere that resemble tree sap and take a razor blade to remove.

If I were to do it again I would use at least 4 gallons and make sure every panel was super thick to make it easier to strip in the future.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.