Quantcast
Looking for recommendations on a engine tuner/repair shop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking for recommendations on a engine tuner/repair shop

My Ride
    Audi tt

Default Looking for recommendations on a engine tuner/repair shop

I'm looking for a highly recommend shop that can fix my mistakes or maybe even rebuild my engine project.

Short Story....
    2 years ago I decided to put a BT kit from pag parts on my 2000 Audi TT with a 1.8T ATC switched to wideband. I had the motor pulled and put in new pistons and rods to support the new turbo. After precise engine builders bored the block and refreshed the head, my mechanic put the motor back together. I know he's not an engine builder, so I don't know if everything was done right. It's can be driven but something is definitely wrong. I've got about 10,000km on the new build and I'm burning quite a bit of oil (prob 1L per 4K), the idle fluctuates and I can't boost past 8psi (sounds like a leak).

Anybody you recommend that can properly fix or rebuild and not empty the bank? Possibly someone that can also tune a car.......currently running Eurodyne but plan on upgrading to maestro if someone can tune it.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Sounds possibly like improperly clearanced rings, and possibly improperly set up rings. Im assuming since he assembled the engine, he did the clearancing?

Either way, it sounds like massive blowby, so there must have been a mistake made when building. How did you break it in?

I would recommend Dynomotive to tune it for you, but it sounds like you have an expensive road ahead of you before you get there. I would do it for you, but i REALLY dont like working on euros of any kind...period. Try talking to Tunedub, maybe they can help you out and do it properly.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

^^sr20 do u want to rebuild/refresh my Nsrt4 motor?
    63_TUNERS