Quantcast
Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE - Bad Experience - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE - Bad Experience

Default Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE - Bad Experience

Thought I'd share my horrible experience with the Panda Flowers located at 1220 Centre Street NE.

Here's the story:

I called Panda Flowers Feb 7, 2014 and ordered a Valentines Day Bouquet for my wife.

This is what I ordered:

Total cost for this is $61.95 + $12.00 delivery + gst - total comes to $77.65.

Anyway, I called on Feb 7th and ordered that bouquet for her specifying delivery to her office downtown on Valentines day - Friday Feb. 14 of course. I gave the lady (Korean lady with light accent but decent comprehension) the delivery info, what I wanted, phone numbers, what to state on the card and finally, my credit card number to pay for the flowers. That should've been it, she said they would get to her for the specified day before noon.

This was during lunch hour.

Later on at 2:21pm on Feb 7th, the Korean lady from Panda flowers called me and said my credit card didn't go through. We spoke and I assured her there are more than sufficient funds on that card, in fact I used it in the morning. She stated that perhaps I had given her the wrong number and asked me to verify the number. I was on the way to a meeting a couldn't give out my cc number in the open, so I asked her if I could call her back and confirm, she said that was fine. 2:29pm she calls back and lets me know SHE must've entered in the wrong number, but now the purchase had went through, no need to provide her with the number again. I said ok thanks.

Thursday Feb 13th, I called the shop to verify everything was ok. Spoke with the same Korean lady, she said all good to go for Valentines Day and we confirmed again delivery by noon at the address it is to go to. (The reason I called and kept confirming was because I was concerned about the level of comprehension and wanted to make sure things would go smoothly.)

Friday Feb 14th strolls by. 9am, 10am, 11am...nothing. I've ordered flowers from Panda Flowers along with various other florists before and have not had any issues whatsoever prior to this. My wife usually calls me around 10am, maybe 11am all happy and stuff thanking me for the flowers, we talk dirty and plan V-day. Today however....nothing. I didn't hear anything from her, and I even called her just to see how her day was going.

Noon strolls by and nothing from my wife at all, so I decide to call the Panda Flowers location on Centre Street to so what's going on.

Korean lady answers again, I ask her what's going on as she stated the flowers would be delivered by noon. She understandably said they're really busy. We again verified the address and she asked when my wife would be leaving work, I said by 4pm. The Korean lady re-assured me and said don't worry...she'll have them by the time she leaves work. I'm started to get nervous now....

3pm comes along and still nothing....so I'm pondering on what to do now, maybe go out and grab flowers and hand deliver them? While pondering about this, I decide to check my bank and credit account, I do this regularly to ensure there aren't any weird ass charges, but have been busy throughout the week and had not gotten to it earlier. Anyway, so I log into my bank, take a look and scroll through....

WTF do I see....this:

a $177.65 dollar charge from Panda Flowers on 1220 Centre Street NE. Now I'm like seriously...wtf. No flowers yet for my wife and I'm charged literally a $100.00 more than what I was supposed to be charged. I now decide to head there in person to see wtf.

I get there at 3:35pm. Walk in, there's a couple of Korean lady's working - younger one behind the counter chopping and wrapping flowers and an older one.

The younger one addresses me with broken English and asks what she can get for me. I tell her that I ordered flowers on Feb 7th, they were supposed to be delivered for noon, then before 4pm today - Valentines day, it is now 3:40pm and nothing. I also bring up with her that they over charged me by $100. Meanwhile there are customers in the store that hear/see this and they start to agree with me.

The younger one has a hard time believing this so I log into my bank via the app on my phone and show her. She says it's some sort of mistake, of course I say it sure is. She calls the older lady, which happens to be the one I've been speaking too the past several times.

The older one tells me the flowers on the van for delivery and there's nothing she can do to check with the driver on the status - which is hard to believe since everyone has cell phones now. We also discuss the over charge and of course she doubts me as well, so I show her the app. She then says her debit/credit machine is not working properly and tries to offer me a store credit, to which I tell her to pound sand in a nice way though. She insists on store credit and I insist cash or credit refund, she hesitantly agrees to cash...as her machine is not working is what she tells me.

At the same time, she says she'll get me the flowers for my wife and I can deliver them to her myself. Since I'm in a bind and I'd like to enjoy V-day, I agree. One of the customers that sees this and comments to the older Korean lady and myself - "brother, I hope your valentines day gets better, this is horrible." He turns to the older Korean lady and says "for all this trouble, his flowers should be free". The Korean lady chuckles. I knew right there this would be a costly lesson learned.

She then grabs a dozen crappy wilted red roses from some bucket up front near the counter and starts getting them ready for me, at the same time grabbing me the $100 she owes me.

I take the $100 and tell her the flowers look like crap, she pushes them to me and basically tells me take them and leave. I do however also bring up the fact that I paid $77.65 for flowers with a vase and that it also includes delivery. She refuses to re-wrap the flowers and give me a vase. She also refuses to give me the refund for delivery as well. We continue to discuss this and as we talk, I can see I am not getting anything back besides the $100, realistically...all I really wanted was the $100 and the cost of delivery and vase refunded. By my calculations, I would say for valentines day a dozen roses with no vase, wrapped in paper should roughly be $35-40 bucks. I paid $77.65 for mine, and I had to hand deliver this too.

Anyway I ended up walking out with a dozen half ass wilted paper wrapped flowers, but at least I got my $100 back.

I did also call the 1.877.776.7220 number, which happens to be the head office. I spoke with a lady there and explained this long ass story, she obviously sided with me about the situation. She also apologized about 20x times to me, which I must admit was better than the folks at the 1220 Centre Street location. The lady at the head office also took down my info and said she would issue me a corporate cheque for the additional $77.65, but we'll see if the cheque actually arrives - hopefully....

Long story short, the Panda Flowers on 1220 Centre Street NE is a really sketchy, horrible and unethical location with terrible customer service - stay clear of that location!!!

Sorry for long read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I've been dealing with them for years and never had an issue. To be fair its the superbowl for flowers and they are under a mountain of stress.

I always get the flowers a day ahead of time because of this.

They screwed up and I will definitely remember this before I order from them, but I will likely buy from them again.

Thanks for your comments.

I've bought flowers from other Panda Flowers locations for vday without any issues. Have also ordered from other shops on 17th ave as well without any issues.

This is the first time I've used the Centre Street location and will also be my last time.

No issues with Panda Flowers in general, all the other locations have been well to me.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Goog better best LOL

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    I've been dealing with them for years and never had an issue. To be fair its the superbowl for flowers and they are under a mountain of stress.
    see these excuses bother me a lot. If it is too much for that business, they should not agree to it.

If my boss comes to me at work and gives me a job, if I am really busy, I tell him. If he insists, I tell him there are no guarantees as to when I get it done.

If a business offers me a guarantee that something will get done, or a service provided for XXX amount of dollars, or by XXX amount of time, I expect that without complications or excuses. They know their workload, and what they can accomplish with the resources at their disposal.

If they know that they are going to be that busy on that day, hire a couple extra drivers for the day from a temp company, but don't expect a customer to swallow the "we're busy" excuse after you fuck up and drop the ball after you have taken their money.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lease

Did the wife give u a panda eye when you got home?

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Did the wife give u a panda eye when you got home?
    Hahaha you mean irish sunglasses? She was cool about everything btw.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Originally posted by spikers

see these excuses bother me a lot. If it is too much for that business, they should not agree to it.

If my boss comes to me at work and gives me a job, if I am really busy, I tell him. If he insists, I tell him there are no guarantees as to when I get it done.

If a business offers me a guarantee that something will get done, or a service provided for XXX amount of dollars, or by XXX amount of time, I expect that without complications or excuses. They know their workload, and what they can accomplish with the resources at their disposal.

If they know that they are going to be that busy on that day, hire a couple extra drivers for the day from a temp company, but don't expect a customer to swallow the "we're busy" excuse after you fuck up and drop the ball after you have taken their money.
    But in the end they all seem to have screwed up.

They are simple merchants that oversell to make money on this one day. They likely have no comprehension of how to properly address the orders, or to correct any errors that occur.

I think in the end its best to expect failure from them and buy the flowers in person a little early.

Again, its a mar on their reputation but what are we going to do? There really aren't many small flower shops, at least in the north. The Coventry one by Canadian tire sucks and the other by sobey's never seems to be open haha.

My Ride
    Volvo

Default 30+ yrs - Red Rose @ Centre St & 20 Ave N

Again, its a mar on their reputation but what are we going to do? There really aren't many small flower shops, at least in the north....
    Here's one that's been at that location for at least the past 30 years:

Red Rose Florist
    2004 Centre St NE

403-243-6066

1-800-661-1568

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Panda flowers in crowfoot has always been good to me.

But that's unacceptable and I hope you do get your cheque.

My Ride
    Ford

damn i got some sweet roses at costco for 19.99 they had every colour to pick from. it was 39.99 if you wanted them in the fancy vase. i hand delivered.
    i got orange roses. never seen them before. they had purple/pink/white/orange/red and it was like black friday in the flower isle.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by blairtruck
    damn i got some sweet roses at costco for 19.99 they had every colour to pick from. it was 39.99 if you wanted them in the fancy vase. i hand delivered.
    i got orange roses. never seen them before. they had purple/pink/white/orange/red and it was like black friday in the flower isle.
    This is my go to place for I fucked up or make you happy flowers without making me poor, yes I am cheap

My Ride
    Ford

Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Originally posted by spikers

I agree and disagree. I am in a very seasonal business and while we always try our best, sometimes shit happens and you simply fall short. It isn't always just as easy as hiring a few extra bodies. Sometimes those extra bodies hurt more than they help. It is really easy for customers to tell business owners how to fix the problems, but the reality is often not near as simple... It's not an excuse, it is reality...

BUT...

When these situations come up and realistic expectations are clearly far from being met (not like being 20 minutes late, but blowing up the entire order and screwing almost every aspect of the deal up such as this case of the OP), the business should simply own up to the issue, make a genuine apology, and proceed to go above and beyond to try and help correct the situation and make the customer leaving knowing that as a business, you actually give a shit and want to try and make good on the fuck up. This Panda store obviously did not do that...

I learned a long time ago that good customers are worth a lot more coming back 20 years happy than going away pissed off once!

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Again, its a mar on their reputation but what are we going to do? There really aren't many small flower shops, at least in the north. The Coventry one by Canadian tire sucks and the other by sobey's never seems to be open haha.
    Come on man, a bit of searching leads you to tons of options. http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...J8?showDD=true

Buying flowers online for big days like Vday/mothers day is a huge gamble. Just saying...

A790 you are in the service industry and are justifying people giving shit service? Doesn't sound like someone who cares much for customers. If a business cannot handle an order they shouldn't promise it to be done plain and simple.

And who in their right mind would buy flowers on vday anyways? They mark up their shitty ass flowers 800% for one day to rip people off. I'd rather put that $100 towards a peice of jewelry or something that doesn't die in a week and get thrown in the garbage.

Default Re: 30+ yrs - Red Rose @ Centre St & 20 Ave N

Originally posted by whydontchathen

Here's one that's been at that location for at least the past 30 years:

Red Rose Florist
    2004 Centre St NE

403-243-6066

1-800-661-1568
    I used these guys for my wedding and I think my brother and both sisters used them for theirs. I remember my father buying flowers from them regularly without issue. This is a florist I'd recommend, but then again, it's been 11 years since my wedding.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Type_S1
    A790 you are in the service industry and are justifying people giving shit service? Doesn't sound like someone who cares much for customers. If a business cannot handle an order they shouldn't promise it to be done plain and simple.

And who in their right mind would buy flowers on vday anyways? They mark up their shitty ass flowers 800% for one day to rip people off. I'd rather put that $100 towards a peice of jewelry or something that doesn't die in a week and get thrown in the garbage.
    LOL don't put words in my mouth, and please, try to refrain from making yourself look like an asshole by saying things like "Doesn't sound like someone who cares much for customers". It does make YOU look like an asshole, because anyone who knows ME or has ever done business with me knows it's the complete opposite.

Next, I'm not in the service industry. I'm no longer with Neatfreak, so get your facts straight. So... there's that.

Now, I WAS in the service industry and it's pretty obvious based on how I've handled issues that have come up (even on beyond, where I consistently go well beyond what's required to make sure people have good experiences) on my thoughts towards addressing them, so let's just skip over that.

You, my friend, are missing the point of what I've been saying in a couple of these threads. Yes, the business SHOULD honour their obligations/promises, and yes they SHOULDN'T offer said product/service until they can fulfill it/etc. etc... but guess what? They failed, and the person who gets screwed the most is YOU.

Think about that. You can come on beyond/Google/YP/other review sites/etc. and rant until you're blue in the face, but ultimately you're the one who suffers the most. YOU didn't get flowers, and now YOU have to chase down the business to get your money back, costing YOU more time.

What I said was "buying flowers online is a huge gamble." That's what I said. I didn't justify poor service, nor did I excuse the business.

I merely said it was a gamble. Do you know why I said that? BECAUSE IT'S A BLOODY GAMBLE. It is, bottom line. Why chance it? Why chance it on VALENTINE'S DAY?

The technology clearly hasn't caught up with ability, and as a result there are numerous threads just like this one where people are ranting about how X business sucks, blah blah blah. The end result is always the same: the person who got screwed over needs to try and get a refund, has no flowers regardless (or they're wrong), and they're unhappy. Hell, I have one of these threads to call my very own thanks to a brutal experience ordering online from Canaflora/Chinook Florists. See, I'm on your side here (despite what you implied in your assholish response to my earlier post).

I'm advocating GOING INTO A LOCAL STORE and working with them directly. You build up a better relationship and there is less chances for things to go wrong. And, if something DOES go wrong, you're more likely to come to an amicable solution. The latter point is especially true if the florist you're working with is a smaller provider that relies heavily on repeat business and word of mouth.

That's what I said, so before you reply and go on some emotionally-fueled rant that misses my point, make sure you have this thought first: "did A790 say XYZ, or am I just trying to find more drama to stir up?".

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I've gotten flowers from there twice. Both times they didn't last at all and have been poor arrangements overall (now that I know what a good arrangement looks like). I've been using Charlotte's Web Florist ever since and happy every time.

I definitely wouldn't recommend that Panda Flowers on center, sorry to hear about how shitty the experience was.

Next time I have to buy flowers, I might just go to Sunnyside again. I picked up this one flower in a pot Christmas Eve and it has bloomed a few times from different stems and I think just now died. Best $25 I ever spent on flowers!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

Charlottes web downtown. Good everytime (about 5x) over the past 2 years lol

Anyone can open a business with enough capital but not everyone can run one properly. Sorry about your experience.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast