Quantcast
Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE - Bad Experience - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE - Bad Experience

My Ride
    Hatred

What ever happened to the Beyond Florist?
    -U

I dunno hat happened to the beyond florist, but would've been better for sure.

And just to clarify, I didn't order the flowers online, I just simply used the site as a reference for what I'd like to order, that was it. I physically called the store and ordered the goods. I also physically called and followed up a bunch of times to ensure things would go as requested. Given the way this was handled, I doubt going in in person would've yielded a different result.

The vid is gone now...but I did have the whole convo on the car cam with the head office, there was mention that this particular location is known to be "troubled" and I was not the only person complaining about not receiving an order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    2010 S4

I haven't used them on valentines day but canadaflowers.ca has failed to let me down yet. I send my girl flowers when I'm away at work sometimes or even once when I was on vacay in England this summer.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Another poor service from Panda Flowers but for me it was the Sundridge location.

Purchased online, made a call ahead of time to confirm the date/time and selection made.
    No mention from the GF all day of receiving anything so around 1PM I call the 1 877 number, I get some guy who tells me I need to deal directly with the office that assisted me. Of course you call Sunridge Panda Flowers and its an answering service saying due to the volume of orders they will not be answering the phone today (Sure I get it but why tell me to call them if they dont even answer)

2PM, 3PM, 4PM and now the girlfriend is off from work but oh look who just called her its the guy from Panda flowers (or so we thought) he's close but "lost" 4:45 comes around and he claims he's dropped them off at reception.. well my GF is waiting at her office 45 minutes after she's off and she's seen nothing nor is there anyway at reception so clearly he's lost.
    Turns out this guy dropped them off at the wrong business, he showed up in a beat up car with the trunk full of flowers all FROZEN the vase was full of ice. Flowers half dead and as of Saturday afternoon were all dead, more greenery then actual roses/flowers not worth 15 dollars let alone the 90 I paid.

Needless to say we drove back to pick them up and I emailed the email on their website. The guy said he refunded me the money and apologized for the inconvenience. 10 minutes later she gets a call from Sunridge who asks if she received her flowers, she said "yes finally after picking them up myself" and went to explain the wrong address and the state of the flowers and the lady on the phone laughed and hung up.

Then I get an email back from what it says is the Owner of Panda Flowers who tells me the money will not be refunded as they were delivered.

TLDR - Panda Flowers is complete garbage, will never order from them again. Like everyone says find a reputable local shop or buy them in person, seems like the only safe bet.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

That Panda on Center street is brutal. I would never use them again. I had problems with them just on a normal day not VD. I've used the Panda in Crowfoot and they haven't been that bad.

A big thumbs up for Red Rose on center street. I've used them many times and they have always been on time and he flowers have always held up quite well.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Red Rose is the highest volume flower shop in the city by a very large margin. They've been in the business for over 30 years and buy top quality product. Due to the volume they are accustomed to handling, they usually pull of Valentine's without a hitch.

White's Flowers down the street is also a top-notch shop that has been in business as long as Red Rose. Both shops are owner operated and know how to earn your repeat business.

Panda Centre Street: No comment is sometimes the best comment.

Thanks for all the feedback, comments and recommendations. Biggest thing is to make people aware of the shit show at the Panda Flowers on 1220 Centre Street NE, word of mouth travels and so does personal experience - both good and bad.

On a good note though, the Panda Flowers head office did in fact issue me a cheque refunding me for the difference of $77.65, so they did keep their word as promised, and for that I appreciate. I received the cheque in the mail today.

Tirebob is right when he said this in his earlier post:

I learned a long time ago that good customers are worth a lot more coming back 20 years happy than going away pissed off once!
    Because of the way the Panda Flowers head office handled this, I will most likely return and shop at one of their other franchises, however I will be sure to complete my research before.

And Tirebob...gotta message you bout some tires and rims. Thanks for taking care of my son and studding, mounting and balancing his tires
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 02-19-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

I would not shop their either. Bought an expensive arrangement of flowers that they "gave me a deal on" last valentines day and as soon as I got them home they were already wilting the next day!

I think they were old and they wanted to get rid of them.

Bad english and communication and they won't give refund or anything. Won't go back.

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    I would not shop their either. Bought an expensive arrangement of flowers that they "gave me a deal on" last valentines day and as soon as I got them home they were already wilting the next day!

I think they were old and they wanted to get rid of them.

Bad english and communication and they won't give refund or anything. Won't go back.
    5 days now... Close to $80 bucks for these. When I said she grabbed them from the $15 bin, I seriously meant it.

I've bought flowers from other locations, and they don't come close to looking like these after a week!!!

Panda Flowers - 1220 Centre Street NE
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 02-19-2014 at 09:56 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Also getting into downtown on Valentine's day was a shit show. Especially from centre street
    Last edited by Wakalimasu; 02-20-2014 at 11:56 PM.

My Ride
    2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Default just curious

Originally posted by Royle9
    Another poor service from Panda Flowers but for me it was the Sundridge location.

2PM, 3PM, 4PM and now the girlfriend is off from work but oh look who just called her its the guy from Panda flowers (or so we thought) he's close but "lost" 4:45 comes around and he claims he's dropped them off at reception.. well my GF is waiting at her office 45 minutes after she's off and she's seen nothing nor is there anyway at reception so clearly he's lost.
    Turns out this guy dropped them off at the wrong business, he showed up in a beat up car with the trunk full of flowers all FROZEN the vase was full of ice. Flowers half dead and as of Saturday afternoon were all dead, more greenery then actual roses/flowers not worth 15 dollars let alone the 90 I paid.

Needless to say we drove back to pick them up and I emailed the email on their website. The guy said he refunded me the money and apologized for the inconvenience. 10 minutes later she gets a call from Sunridge who asks if she received her flowers, she said "yes finally after picking them up myself" and went to explain the wrong address and the state of the flowers and the lady on the phone laughed and hung up.

the center street story was pretty clear cut, sucks that there was a language barrier shoulda hired an english speaker? ahh but good help is hard to find...
    and he didn't get what he paid for, should have given back the delivery and vase charge, that would have been a bit more fair but i'm glad you got the cheq in the end like promised...

i feel that when crap happens, if you are level headed and reasonable, people do try to do what they can to make things right, i mean considering it's vday, i'm sure they were just doing what they can on a hellish day for them too

but i'm a bit curious about this other story, maybe i'm just not reading it right;
    1. so this guy delivers the flowers late to a different business and you had to go back to the office with your gf to pick up the flowers....so did you go to the other office, or did the delivery driver go back to get them, go back to the correct office and waited until you arrived? cuz if it was as busy as everyone is saying for vday - i can't imagine that driver waiting around as i assume they get paid by each delivery like most couriers and waiting around would mean they're missing the others that must still be waiting to get to their intended people...cuz i think you said his beat up truck was "full of flowers all frozen" (still full @ after 5pm?? cray cray)

2. you mentioned flowers "frozen"....like was there frost on these flowers or worse? "vase was full of ice"...like ice cubes? ice bits, solid ice? i remember that day being actually decent, not actually cold cuz i could stand outside talking on the fone for a bit without a jacket which hasn't happened in a while, so i can't see how they could've froze on the way to you....with that theory, i would assume it was frozen before they left but then...wouldn't the water be solid or solid-ish? i'm just thinking about this cuz i've often left water bottles out in my car to the point where it freezes...and damn they're hard to melt when i get thirsty :p so back to the main question, i guess i'm curious to which degree everything was frozen, cuz if the flowers were frozen frozen - when melted, wouldn't they be soggy? how did you get them to last till Sat? (good job!)
    i mean i've had roses and other flowers that sometimes just picked where they were in my car for about less than 1/2hr and they'd be gone - wilted and unrevivable...and they weren't even frozen!

i would have loved to have seen all of this wouldn't happen to have pics eh?

and i totally agree with A790 - it's a gamble, vday is treacherous. that comment about doing it before vday is a good idea too...then the stores would be less busy and maybe they can spend more time on the details or answering their phones. but that's why EVERY DAY should be vday then those damn lazy florists can't overcharge and screw you over on the ONLY day to express your love

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: just curious

Originally posted by BBpod
    the center street story was pretty clear cut, sucks that there was a language barrier shoulda hired an english speaker?
    It's interesting, but I can't count the amount of times that I've come across a "language barrier" only to have just heard them speaking perfectly clear english just moments before they knew I was there, or as I walked around the corner, or walked by a couple of days later.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Default Re: just curious

Originally posted by BBpod

1. so this guy delivers the flowers late to a different business and you had to go back to the office with your gf to pick up the flowers....so did you go to the other office, or did the delivery driver go back to get them, go back to the correct office and waited until you arrived? cuz if it was as busy as everyone is saying for vday - i can't imagine that driver waiting around as i assume they get paid by each delivery like most couriers and waiting around would mean they're missing the others that must still be waiting to get to their intended people...cuz i think you said his beat up truck was "full of flowers all frozen" (still full @ after 5pm?? cray cray)

2. you mentioned flowers "frozen"....like was there frost on these flowers or worse? "vase was full of ice"...like ice cubes? ice bits, solid ice? i remember that day being actually decent, not actually cold cuz i could stand outside talking on the fone for a bit without a jacket which hasn't happened in a while, so i can't see how they could've froze on the way to you....with that theory, i would assume it was frozen before they left but then...wouldn't the water be solid or solid-ish? i'm just thinking about this cuz i've often left water bottles out in my car to the point where it freezes...and damn they're hard to melt when i get thirsty :p so back to the main question, i guess i'm curious to which degree everything was frozen, cuz if the flowers were frozen frozen - when melted, wouldn't they be soggy? how did you get them to last till Sat? (good job!)
    i mean i've had roses and other flowers that sometimes just picked where they were in my car for about less than 1/2hr and they'd be gone - wilted and unrevivable...and they weren't even frozen!

i would have loved to have seen all of this wouldn't happen to have pics eh?

1. She lives in Cochrane, and had left work around quarter after 4, so by the time we got the call from the driver it was 4:45 or so and she was already turning of Stoney onto Crowchild heading west. The driver didn't wait around, he left them at what he said was her "reception desk" but her office was closed and it was another work place in the same building complex. Thankfully enough that place knows who she is so they held the flowers but made note that the guys CAR (not truck) was chalk full of flowers still at almost 5PM. The trunk was literally FULL as well as the back seat. So yes still full after VD is pretty much over for work people.

2. The vase with the water was frozen over, not solid but the stems were frozen like you'd see a branch in the river this time of year. Ice chunks floating in the vase as well, as if they were serving me a cold drink on a hot day.The flowers themselves had a bit of light frost, and were frozen to the touch and already that dark wilted color. They were definitely either left in this car over night or stored frozen @ the panda location probably due to the mass amount they have on hand for VD day itself.

There was maybe 4 roses? (different then the picture 100%) they were all completely done by about 8PM on Friday, already looking like the picture above. There were some carnations that were dying and those are what were completely done by Saturday. The MASS amount of bullshit greenery was in good shape tho, I think it took up about 70% of the flower arrangement.

Pictures do exist, she has them on her phone I believe I contacted Panda flowers to tell them and show them but they didn't give 2 shits, just laughed and hung up. I'll see if I can get them uploaded on here.

BUMP - Just a reminder for you guys when you order flowers for your lady(s) haha.

In my opinion, Panda Flowers as a whole is great. The head office took care of my concerns and refunded me the cost of the flowers as posted. But the location I went to was terrible. My opinion only.
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 02-11-2015 at 09:39 PM.

went to panda on centre street awhile ago, average day... all the flowers were SHIT.. ordered some off canadaflowers.ca for delivery instead and they were great.. I think someone already mentioned them so +1

double post somehow.

Default Re: 30+ yrs - Red Rose @ Centre St & 20 Ave N

Originally posted by whydontchathen

Here's one that's been at that location for at least the past 30 years:

Red Rose Florist
    2004 Centre St NE

403-243-6066

1-800-661-1568
    I ordered from this joint this year, thanks for the info.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Charlotte's Web - Those gals are great
    Ultracrepidarian

Shiiiitttt I forgot to bump this for the past couple of years for awareness.

My Ride
    This and that.

Haha while reading the first post, I thought it was like deja vu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast