Quantcast
User points deduction in WTB thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: User points deduction in WTB thread

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default User points deduction in WTB thread

So, mods, please dont take this the wrong way, but i really feel i need to say something here. If its a ban for me, i guess its a ban for me.

I feel that the user points deduction for this thread :

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/379480/wt...-mk4-lhd-6spd/

may have been a bit "heavy handed". It is my opinion that it was a want to buy thread, so any opinions offered, would be worth some merit, especially from people in the know such as Sentry or myself. I was merely trying to offer my opinion, "hey thats a really mint car" so that the buyer would take it more seriously. I can understand that in a for sale thread, comments such as "nice car man" are useless, and therefore do not need to be there, but when somebody is looking for a car, its a different story. Sentrys comment was even more relevant than my own, stating that it had upgraded turbos and that was a really great selling feature.

From what i saw, 3 members in long standing good terms, were docked points. I can understand maybe a warning saying keep it relevant, but points? Come on....

Normally i dont care about user points deductions, but at the same time i try to keep out of trouble, and not break any rules or bother anybody, but i honestly feel, that the points deduction was not necessary.

Again, its your forum, and your rules, and i respect that completely. In the end, the decision is yours. I just wanted to make my opinion known. Im sure the other users that were deducted points, will share my opinion.

Thanks Beyond!

My Ride
    Silverado

It's cause they don't want people bumping FS threads much more than once a week. If he was looking for opinions wit should have been in the general section. Don't feel singled out though; I lost 6 points in one thread for 3 posts I made about possibly parting out a piece from a package sale.

My Ride
    STi

I remember that thread. I was going to post something myself but then I thought to myself, I'll probably get deducted points for that

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    It's cause they don't want people bumping FS threads much more than once a week. If he was looking for opinions wit should have been in the general section. Don't feel singled out though; I lost 6 points in one thread for 3 posts I made about possibly parting out a piece from a package sale.
    Same, I lost all my points in one go over a couple of days and a couple of FS threads haha. Lesson learned I guess.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I lost mine for asking a question in a for sale thread

There's been a recent drought of GF nudes. I hate to admit it but Mod intervention is a necessary evil.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I've got you both beat, check this out. I was hunting around for a S2000 2 years ago and I found this guy selling one: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/277778/fs...-white-works/.

So I replied with some questions I had because I was thinking it might be from the USA or something:

Originally posted by Mar
    Is this the AP1 or AP2? The price seems a little high, is that normal for this year or is there something special about this car that I'm missing? I've seen some 2006 for sale for $29,000.....not to beat on your thread but I'm honestly wondering if I'm missing something.
    I was honestly trying to buy it and I lost a point, plus my post was deleted. I guess selling things isn't the main priority of the marketplace.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

They just don't want you cluttering up for sale threads. If you are serious, just PM the questions and don't lose any points! Basically, I don't post any replies in the marketplace at all, I just PM the seller.

These are the ones about keeping the threads clean:

• Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
    • Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
    • If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
    • KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads
    • Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread

And the rest:

Marketplace Rules (strictly enforced)
    • Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
      "private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers
    • Start For Sale threads with "FS:" and Want to Buy threads with "WTB:"
    • Do not sell your stolen goods on beyond.ca. If we find out, we will forward your information to the proper authorities
    • All new in box items, or items sold as "NEW" must have a 'proof of purchase' provided.
    • Ads for Cellphones or Cellular PDA's must contain exact proven lifetimer information.
    • Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
    • Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
    • Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread
    • ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted
    • Auction type sales are not permitted, see above.
    • Post only one thread for your item
    • If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
      "feeler threads" are not permitted, it is either for sale or it is not
    • Excessive bumping will result in a closed thread (once every 7 days TOPS).
      "bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post
    • GROUP BUYS are only permitted after authorization from an admin
    • KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads!
    Last edited by JustinMCS; 02-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Mar
    I've got you both beat, check this out. I was hunting around for a S2000 2 years ago and I found this guy selling one: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/277778/fs...-white-works/.

So I replied with some questions I had because I was thinking it might be from the USA or something:

I was honestly trying to buy it and I lost a point, plus my post was deleted. I guess selling things isn't the main priority of the marketplace.
    Your comment didn't come across as "serious buyer".

It had more of an "I'm a dick" vibe to it.

My Ride

Made note that 1% was returned. I can meet you in the middle on that.

Thanks.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Man, I had some asshole moderator deduct 1% because I commented that all the links in a for sale threads were broken...

... Beyond mods are mostly a joke... sometimes they can be tolerable... you just have to deal with it and bite your tongue.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

my favorite is when some d-bag bumps a 5+ year old thread (before the rules) and a mod just nukes everything without looking at dates

My Ride
    This and that.

If you make a $25 donation to any charity, you can get 1% back.

Ever since I lost my points, I've made so many donations here and there but never bothered to get my points back. That being said, I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that like I've recently started sponsoring a child, which is a monthly thing and I can probably get my points back to full. But if I do that, for some reason I feel weird, as if I want something in return for my donation which kinda defeats the purpose. The whole idea of charity's and donations is that they are meant to be selfless. I don't know...maybe I am over thinking it.

My Ride

Originally posted by shakalaka

Ever since I lost my points, I've made so many donations here and there but never bothered to get my points back. That being said, I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that like I've recently started sponsoring a child, which is a monthly thing and I can probably get my points back to full. But if I do that, for some reason I feel weird, as if I want something in return for my donation which kinda defeats the purpose. The whole idea of charity's and donations is that they are meant to be selfless. I don't know...maybe I am over thinking it.
    I dont mind points being taken away if im being a complete douchebag or in complete violation of the rules. But seriously, i felt this was wrong in this case. A bunch of guys try to help a guy to a good sale and get reprimanded. Its not like we were like "cool car bro, thats sick". It was us highlighting the good parts of the potential sale (the linked car), and telling the op to check it out. If i had 30k to spend, i would DEFINATELY be all over that.

My previous points were deducted for good reason, and ive never complained. I for sure broke the rules for those. It just simply shouldn't be ok for a guy to be having a bad day or something and take it out on members. I've been a long standing member, and have done nothing but help people, usually with FREE advice. I can understand if a guy has a track record of cluttering threads and being a dink, but i dont feel i fall into that category.
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 03-11-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Originally posted by shakalaka

We are not running the $25 donation for user rating program now. Changing it up
    ---

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

I dont mind points being taken away if im being a complete douchebag or in complete violation of the rules. But seriously, i felt this was wrong in this case. A bunch of guys try to help a guy to a good sale and get reprimanded. Its not like we were like "cool car bro, thats sick". It was us highlighting the good parts of the potential sale (the linked car), and telling the op to check it out. If i had 30k to spend, i would DEFINATELY be all over that.

My previous points were deducted for good reason, and ive never complained. I for sure broke the rules for those. It just simply shouldn't be ok for a guy to be having a bad day or something and take it out on members. I've been a long standing member, and have done nothing but help people, usually with FREE advice. I can understand if a guy has a track record of cluttering threads and being a dink, but i dont feel i fall into that category.
    Let it go dude.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost
    Let it go dude.
    Done and done, i was more trying to explain myself. Was more to answer what shakalaka was saying.

forgotten.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I can't wait for the new method to get points back. I'm on the line for getting the big ol' Ban! I need some points here ASAP. I'm sure there are a few mods that will accept Asian hookers.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    I'm sure there are a few mods that will accept Asian hookers.
    Nope, we're all racist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast