Quantcast
Lamborghini Rental - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Rental

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Default Lamborghini Rental

I'm considering a Gallardo purchase and then renting it out.

What would you be willing to pay for a full day rental?

Based on what I've seen this is typical:

All day
    $850: 100km included, $3.5 per km extra

Quick Cruise (1 hour)
    $300: 40km included (can't purchase more)

What are your thoughts?

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Interesting idea. I like the 1hr option as well, but it's going to get thrashed like nobody's business.

My concern would be maintenance/repairs. We all know how people treat rental cars (or rental anything, for that matter). Add to that Calgary's abysmal roads, and the #1 thing all the inexperienced renters are going to do with this is take it out to some back roads to drive it as hard as possible for every second they have the rental, smoking pot holes, abusing the tranny, etc. Couple of buddies who have never driven anything nearly this powerful pitch $150 each, and go drive the piss off of this car for an hour, over and over and over again. Just trying to be realistic, since I think 95% of your clientele will be young males looking to experience an exotic car with limited liability.

Personally I wouldn't go down that road, I think maintenance will be the killer, and proving fault when people inevitably break stuff due to misuse and negligence will be a nightmare. No idea how insurance works on that sort of thing either, but huge deductibles scare people away. Seems like more of a headache than anything, but I do like the idea for my own selfish reasons.

I think the cost required to keep something like this profitable, and generally out of the hands of the irresponsible masses, makes it too much of a niche market.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-20-2014 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Thanks for the feedback. I already have measures in place to manage those risks. What are your thoughts on pricing?

You couldn't keep a RENTAL Lambo in tires for a grand a day. Let's start with you renting out your M3, what would you charge for a stranger to rent the car for a day?

In this forum a guy MrEdS4 owns (owned... DOA) a Lambo rental and he places his costs at:

We have experienced a cost of $6.46 per mile in this car.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/l...s-guide-2.html

http://www.secretentourage.com/lifes...an-exotic-car/

Here is the phrase you'll vomit at hearing... "It looks like the Lambo needs a new clutch...".
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

I'm not asking whether you think this is a good idea. I'm asking what you as a customer would pay?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'm just going to throw this here...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/new-busi...=&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
    Thanks for the feedback. I already have measures in place to manage those risks. What are your thoughts on pricing?
    Prices seem fair to me. Most exotics are $1000+/day plus Km. I would personally pay $300 for the hour, but you would have to have some sort of penalty for KM overages if you're strict on the 40KM as you can't enforce that.

Lets say the guy before me does a bunch of launches, abusive driving, etc. and the tranny brakes on my rental. How would something like that be handled? Or what if I hit a pothole and bent the rim, something that is more the city's fault than the driver's? What if I burn up a set of tires? Or what if someone returned it with something broken, and said it was like that before going out or that they didn't cause it?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Lets say the guy before me does a bunch of launches, abusive driving, etc. and the tranny brakes on my rental. How would something like that be handled? Or what if I hit a pothole and bent the rim, something that is more the city's fault than the driver's? What if I burn up a set of tires? Or what if someone returned it with something broken, and said it was like that before going out or that they didn't cause it?
    Have you never rented a car before? Doesn't matter what type of car it is this can happen with any rental.

Originally posted by roopi

Have you never rented a car before? Doesn't matter what type of car it is this can happen with any rental.
    I agree, but a gallardo tranny is worth a little more than the one on a Chevy Cruise. Each rim is probably worth $5-10K when someone bends it. It's a little different. "Acceptable" damage/wear on a POS rental Malibu is a little different than an exotic niche rental.

I'm just trying to help by providing some examples that would make me scared as both a renter and rentee.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-20-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
    I'm not asking whether you think this is a good idea. I'm asking what you as a customer would pay?
    Per day I'll pay 1/25th the cost of tires, a clutch and rock (Deerfoot) damaged windshield. The tires are studded right? I'm not driving a Lambo in February without the right tires, people will think I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-20-2014 at 10:45 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

get quotes on commercial insurance and any other expense... base your year on 5 months, running at 50% capacity... give yourself a 12-25% profit margin... whats your day rate? on par with the states? if so, good deal.... since everything is cheaper down there, the tourist market is higher in the cities you will be looking at and chances are they can run year round.... everything in canada is more, should be able to get away with a 25% premium (the way the dollar is will help too)

My Ride
    K20A2

i would rent it for a hour for sure
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Agreed with some of the comments. There are risks. Any idiot can buy an exotic and rent it out. It's the execution on the business and risk management sides that allow it to become profitable.

Become the Canadian arm of this company: http://milehighdrives.com

You'd only be renting from May to October anyway much like their Denver location, come the frosty month ship all the vehicles to AZ. Migrate your stock like many industries do.

I'm in for an hour or so.

I'd also wrap the car, it'd look good and protect the paint.

My Ride
    Nothing

What ever happened to that guy on here who was starting that exotic rental company that used points and different subscriber levels. Think his user name began with an S.

Don't think he made it very far
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by M.alex
    What ever happened to that guy on here who was starting that exotic rental company that used points and different subscriber levels. Think his user name began with an S.

Don't think he made it very far
    Singulari.

http://www.singulari.ca/

Site no longer registered... I think the logical conclusion is...

My Ride
    V8s

Don't know why you guys are trying to talk him out of it. He seems set on it, so be it. It's not like you're footing his insurance or maintenance bills.

I'll pay what you're asking for an hour in an exotic, GL with the business.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

one thing thats been over looked though.... the gallardo is now a generation old, its been replaced... rentals should always be the new hotness, or a classic IMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast