Quantcast
Calgary Home + Garden Show Feb 27-Mar 2, 2014 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Home + Garden Show Feb 27-Mar 2, 2014

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Calgary Home + Garden Show Feb 27-Mar 2, 2014

Hey all. The Home + Garden show is rolling into town this weekend, and the organizers have contacted me to give away some tickets here on beyond. If you're interested, please post "I'm interested in tickets" along with your comments, and I'll choose 2 winners tomorrow by noon. Each winner will receive a pair of tickets.

Good luck! Here's the press release for this year's show.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=a0abc3fc59

Real advice, inspiration and experts will make home improvement magic at the 33rd annual Calgary Home + Garden Show

Top exhibition of all things renovation and design to hit the BMO Centre & Corral, February 27 to March 2, 2014

Calgary, AB, January 21, 2014 – Gearing up for a home makeover? The 33rd annual Calgary Home + Garden Show will offer real advice, real inspiration and real experts to help prep for any home improvement project, be it a basic décor update or a major renovation. From February 27 to March 2, 2014 at the BMO Centre & Corral, guests will hear expert suggestions from the best in the biz, get style stimulation from a slew of exciting new features and shop the show (read: 650 top-notch exhibitors), all under one roof. Satisfaction guaranteed – or the cost of admission is on us.

SHOW DATES & TIMES

Thursday, February 27th 12 noon – 9:00 pm
    Friday, February 28th 12 noon – 9:00 pm
    Saturday, March 1st 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Sunday, March 2nd 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

BMO Centre & Corral, Stampede Park, 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, AB

ADMISSION

Adults: $15
    Adults: ONLINE $12
    Seniors (60+): $12
    Seniors (60+): ONLINE $9
    Seniors Thurs. & Fri. before 5pm $6 (Box Office & Online)
    Children 12 and under: FREE

Buy tickets online and save $3 courtesy of Homestars at www.calgaryhomeshow.com

STAGES

State Farm Main Stage
    Spring cleaning takes on a whole new meaning with inspiration from Canada’s top design, renovation and real estate experts on the State Farm Main Stage. Armed with insight from past projects and years of on-the-job experience, live presenters including HGTV’s Bryan Baeumler and Tommy Smythe, plus the city’s top local experts, will dole out their top tips to take any home from underwhelming to outstanding. Intimidating designspeak need not apply. Presented by HGTV.

The Garden Stage
    Calling all green thumbs! Cultivate your gardening know-how with Canada’s top outdoor experts at The Garden Stage. Professional planters and garden aficionados will share tips on how to make plots so perfect, every neighbour will be green with envy. Presented by CREB®Now.

SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS: ONE DAY ONLY!

Opening Day
    The Calgary Home + Garden Show will showcase the latest home improvement must-haves with a day of renovation-based revelry featuring snacks, sips and perks for all. Get the goods early at the hottest design party of the season while enjoying world-class entertainment, the company of Calgary’s creative insiders and plenty of surprises all night long. Don’t miss the fashion event of the season on the State Farm Main Stage at 7pm, when the Style Guys take to the catwalk to showcase some of the city’s trendiest selections, as modeled by local media celebrities.

Thursday, February 27, Noon-9pm

Dominion Lending Centre Family Friendly Day
    Moms and pops, mark your calendars! Gather the little ones for an afternoon of kid-friendly festivities and money-savvy tips from Dominion Lending Centres. Visit the State Farm Main Stage for a host of G-rated activities including crafts, face painting, temporary tattoos and snuggles with adoptable puppies from the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society. Since no kiddie party is complete without a goodie bag, stop by early to grab an exclusive grab bag brimming with treats.

Friday, February 28, Noon-5PM

MUST-SEE FEATURES

Ask an Expert
    Stumped on style? Interior decorating experts, professional landscapers and certified contractors will tackle design dilemmas of all kinds with free, 10-minute consultations for beleaguered renters and harried homeowners alike. Come equipped with swatches and sketches to receive the best advice in the biz – no decorating topic denied! Presented by Intact Insurance and Western Living.

HomeStars Help Desk
    Have a Pinterest board full of design ideas but not sure where to start? Chat with an expert at the Help Desk for tips and tricks to turn any home improvement dream into a reality. Kick your project into high gear by stopping by the Hall B entrance or the breezeway between Hall C & D. There’s no time like the present to get cracking on your next project, big or small.

Nu Smart Home
    Experience the next generation of at-home comfort in the Nu Smart Home. Control the thermostat, window coverings, lighting, entertainment system and so much more, all with just the touch of a button. With a house this smart, decked out in the future’s answer to home automation, you can rest easy knowing your creature comforts are unified under one streamlined system. It’s as easy as point, click, control. Presented by Nu Automations and Revolve Furnishings.

Better Gnomes & Gardens
    Inspired by the world-renowned Chelsea Flower Show’s decision to lift a century-long ban on garden gnomes in 2013, Calgary’s movers and shakers will show off their creative flair by turning a plain garden gnome into a whimsical treasure. Guests can bid on their favourites to benefit Grow Calgary, Canada’s largest urban agricultural farm dedicated to providing fresh produce to all Calgarians by way of the Calgary Interfaith Food Bank. All proceeds benefit Grow Calgary.

Vintage Gardens
    Just like flowers in spring, old household items are getting a second chance at life. Local florist Lil’ Pink Daisy is freshening up found objects to be recycled into stylish outdoor planters. Head over to the concourse to delight your senses – it’s okay to stop and smell the roses! Presented by Lil’ Pink Daisy.

The Beer Garden
    Head over to the Corral to take a load off and grab a brew, or two! Wander through beautifully landscaped greenery while sipping a pint of local beer and snacking on goodies from some of YYC’s greatest food trucks. BBQ season feels one day closer with a cold one in hand!

SALVAGE Lounge
    Relax sans guilt in this luxurious lounge, refreshment and Avenue Magazine in hand. Styled by Calgary’s Alykhan Veliji with reclaimed décor from SALVAGE, his latest design endeavour, and conveniently located adjacent to the State Farm Main Stage, this chic space will invite you to press pause without missing any of the action. Grab a drink and snag some snacks while reading up on all the latest home décor trends! Presented by Avenue Magazine.

Food Truck Alley
    Foodies take note! Some of YYC’s favourite rolling restaurants are making a pit stop. Score top-notch eats from the king’s of Calgary’s latest food craze, including Fiasco Gelato. Follow the scent of sweet, salty goodness just outside the Corral to get your fix and take a seat in the Food Truck Lounge. Drooling yet? Presented by YYC Food Trucks.

Cozy Custom Cottages
    Experience what it would be like to escape to a home away from home in Expert Home’s cozy cottage. Engineered with a lifetime of pleasure and versatility, and built to stand the test of time, this delightful abode (and all if its inviting custom features) will transport you to a serene oasis in the mountains, next to the lake or wherever your heart desires! Presented by Expert Homes.

About the Calgary Home + Garden Show: The Calgary Home + Garden Show has been a staple in consumers’ calendars since 1981, attracting more than 60,000 qualified visitors every spring. Produced by Marketplace Events, the show features high-interest exhibits, high-profile industry personalities and the latest home and lifestyle trends. Marketplace Events produces 34 home shows in 21 markets that collectively attract 1.5 million attendees and another 1.7 million unique web visitors annually.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I'm interested in tickets! I just bought my first condo so would like to see whats out there.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

I'm interested in tickets! Planning on a few renos and would like some more ideas
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Cayman

I'm interested in tickets as I moved into a house last year and I want to do landscaping and basement development so looking for products and ideas

I'm interested in tickets; looking to redo the bathrooms in my condo.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I'm interested in tickets! Planning on doing some renos soon

I'm interested in tickets, looking for new counter tops.
    asdf

I'm interested in tickets Looking to doing some gardening

My Ride
    vw gti

I'm interested! Just bought a place and moving in at the end of September! First time home owner!

I'm interested in tickets! Just moved to a house. Looking for ideas for improvements.
    Originally posted by rage2
    When you said she's got talent, I assumed big tits. Fuck was I disappointed.

I'm not interested in tickets.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Tickets please.

Also, if you punch in HGTV as promo code, you save $5 instead of just $3.

Been watching too much HGTV lately.

I'm interested in tickets!

Thanks!

My Ride
    golfR

I'm interested in tickets. Building a house at the moment, need all the information/ideas I can get.
    Thanks!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm interested in tickets.

Edit: For those who go to this kind of thing regularly, which evening (past 5pm) is typically the quieter one, Thursday or Friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I'm interested in tickets

I'm interested in the tickets. Thanks!

My Ride
    car

I'm Intrested in tickets. Starting to reno and would like to know what kind of gadgets to install

Thanks

My Ride
    M3P

I'm interested in tickets

need to look into developing basement, laying sod and getting someone to hook up a fence.

Fuck, i could really use the $26 i would pay for the tickets towards these renos :p

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm Interested!
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast