Quantcast
Shaming Calgary's bad drivers with dash cams! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaming Calgary's bad drivers with dash cams!

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Shaming Calgary's bad drivers with dash cams!

Seen this today and immediately had to get on beyond ... Even has a reference to Snowcat!

Is Mr. Monson a beyonder??

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2014/...m-and-youtube/

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Default Re: Shaming Calgary's bad drivers with dash cams!

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    Seen this today and immediately had to get on beyond ... Even has a reference to Snowcat!

Is Mr. Monson a beyonder??

I'd say he is, since he's the only follower of my YT account and I only post vids on Beyond. I do enjoy his channel!

My Ride
    This and that.

Those Russian videos at the end of the article are awesome.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Isn't there someone on here who's user name is J.M. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Scat gets a link to his Youtube channel too. He must be happy about that.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers video .... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat

Dash-Cam-Inception.
    Last edited by Kijho; 02-26-2014 at 12:31 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by Kijho
    How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers.... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat
    Hahaha.. I was thinking the exact same thing.

How ironic would it be to find someone who frequently posts dash-cam footage of bad drivers in another persons dash-cam footage of bad drivers video .... I feel like that shit is gonna happen to me someday and I'll probably just bow my head accepting the defeat

Dash-Cam-Inception.
    Of course it's gonna happen. Everybody makes mistakes, and if you've ever browsed our thread you'd notice that people will post up videos for minor and/or illegitimate shit. I'd be surprised if, in 5 years, every godamn car in Calgary doesn't have a video of them doing something somebody else regarded as questionable.

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Dash-Cam-Inception.
    Im kinda glad ive never seen myself in one of these dash cam videos. Its only a matter of time though...
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

Originally posted by DEATH2000

Im kinda glad ive never seen myself in one of these dash cam videos. Its only a matter of time though...
    me too

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Compared to what happens to even in Vancouver, these are mild.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

You and I both. I figure I will show up eventually... Then between Beyond, Facebook, and my stalking aunt, i'll never hear the end of it. lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    92 Toyota MR2 GT-S

Originally posted by Mibz
    Everybody makes mistakes, and if you've ever browsed our thread you'd notice that people will post up videos for minor and/or illegitimate shit.

Agreed. The majority of the incidents in Calgary that people post aren't worthy of more than a "well f#$% you" or a little honk and then it's over. I see enough of it in real life everyday I don't need to see someone else's footage too. Also this "citizen police" attitude is BS. People complain about privacy/ surveillance but then we all go strapping cameras everywhere incase we see something we don't like. Maybe I'm just old-school.

haha yah, we all have our bad days or get a bit angry behind the wheel.... I always stop for a second if I see my vehicle model/color being described

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by e.widling

Agreed. The majority of the incidents in Calgary that people post aren't worthy of more than a "well f#$% you" or a little honk and then it's over. I see enough of it in real life everyday I don't need to see someone else's footage too. Also this "citizen police" attitude is BS. People complain about privacy/ surveillance but then we all go strapping cameras everywhere incase we see something we don't like. Maybe I'm just old-school.
    Interesting point about attitudes towards cameras. I rode a motorbike for years before I strapped a GoPro to my helmet. The main reason I put one on is so I had something to go on if somebody hit me. I immediately noticed a change in peoples attitudes. Some people on the street thought it was a great idea. Some passengers would try and be funny and interact with me. Some younger, new drivers in their old rice rockets loved to make a show when they knew they were on camera. And some people (mostly women for some reason) hated it and did not like being recorded and questioned the legality of it.

I guess you don't need a sweet bike if you want to turn heads.... a camera will catch peoples attention.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by e.widling

So many people are willing to commit insurance fraud and risk criminal charges now - camera is one way to cover your own ass from being owned.

Add me to the list of "know I'm doomed to be in someones footage soon enough".
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Those Russian videos are crazy. Its like they are all on purpose, no one even tries to stop, how can they drive so bad?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:44 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Possibly, Id just say their full on retards that were never trained on how to make proper decisions behind the wheel, of estimating time, speed, distance, traction and how it all plays together.

I seen more then a few very poor decisions of people thinking they could make a turn, or do something along those lines, only to end in a horrific accident.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Interesting point about attitudes towards cameras. I rode a motorbike for years before I strapped a GoPro to my helmet. The main reason I put one on is so I had something to go on if somebody hit me. I immediately noticed a change in peoples attitudes. Some people on the street thought it was a great idea. Some passengers would try and be funny and interact with me. Some younger, new drivers in their old rice rockets loved to make a show when they knew they were on camera. And some people (mostly women for some reason) hated it and did not like being recorded and questioned the legality of it.

I guess you don't need a sweet bike if you want to turn heads.... a camera will catch peoples attention.
    Same here..I noticed it kept people off my ass and also anyone in a fast car would tend to show off a bit more
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast