Quantcast
OjoCam (Dash cam) Discount/Overview/Discussion! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: OjoCam (Dash cam) Discount/Overview/Discussion!

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

It worked, solved the muting issue.

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    How did the firmware upgrade work, issues resolved? And is that for the ojocam2?

Thx.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Guys, can anyone explain this lane detection thing to me? I went into setup and I thought I needed to line the yellow up with the red LOL then as I'm driving it was beeping an alarm off at me every time I turned hahaha...

Realized then - it's a lane detection. LDWS or something like that? I should fix it.
    Also, I had some footage today and noted the GPS only logged half the trip. Once I hit a certain distance from where I calibrated it - it just stopped logging my location/ speed! I think I need to calibrate again to fix.

Liking it so far though! The software is super awesome. What is the best way to render videos incorporating this software GPS + Speedo ??

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    i have had something similar happen, and yes a reboot always fixes it. Mine was an issue with the card. These devices seem to be picky with the type of card you use. Alternative is to format the card and chuck it back in. That usually resolves my issues.
    Will try reformatting. I am using the Samsung card I ordered with it.

[url]

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Kijho
    Guys, can anyone explain this lane detection thing to me? I went into setup and I thought I needed to line the yellow up with the red LOL then as I'm driving it was beeping an alarm off at me every time I turned hahaha...

Realized then - it's a lane detection. LDWS or something like that? I should fix it.
    Also, I had some footage today and noted the GPS only logged half the trip. Once I hit a certain distance from where I calibrated it - it just stopped logging my location/ speed! I think I need to calibrate again to fix.

Liking it so far though! The software is super awesome. What is the best way to render videos incorporating this software GPS + Speedo ??
    sorry i have never used the lane detection, but as for the gps software, the only way i found to export the gps info in to a video was to run a screen capture program while i played the video on my pc.. not exactly elegant but it did the job.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

GPS hardly works for me and the DataKam Player
    The clip will have zero GPS information logged for like, 75% of my trip. Then randomly is starts logging and GPS will begin randomly at a certain point of my travels. This also affects the speed logging etc. I updated the Firmware from the dropbox but no luck.

Also, this is just f*cking typical for me... I've owned my new car 3 weeks and got a rock chip few days back. Today it splintered and a crack formed right across the viewing angle of my dashcam. Wonderful right? I go into DataKam and hit x64 playback and I can f*cking SEE the crack GROWING!!! CalAlta windshield is closed Sunday so can't get it filled until Monday!! Ughhhh...

Default Re: OjoCam (Dash cam) Discount/Overview/Discussion!

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

OjoCam time-lapse of a wonderful rock chip on my new Subi - Only had er' for 3 weeks.
    Also - first day owning the Ojocam too! Now my dashcam spot has this wonderful crack right in the middle.

Last edited by Kijho; 02-08-2015 at 09:30 PM.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

OjoCam time-lapse of a wonderful rock chip on my new Subi - Only had er' for 3 weeks.
    Also - first day owning the Ojocam too! Now my dashcam spot has this wonderful crack right in the middle.
    Sorry I didn't notice your first post. I have a '11 Subaru, and I hardwired it. Was easy to thread the wire down to the fuse box.

And I feel your pain...I got my first rock chip when my car was only 2 weeks old. I was SO pissed!

I've been having lots of issues with my cam that I bought as a mini 0803. Biggest issue is that it stops recording and shuts off. I use a samsung 32gb class 10 card and it freezes to a point where I can't even reboot it so I have to unplug it and let the battery die. I tried another class 4 card and it's a bit better cause it will just turn off. A reformat will only fix it until the card fills up again and I've done a firmware upgrade as well. I've reset the unit to factory and same issue and I format the cards with the camera and not my pc. Anyone else have these issues? This cam shares one cig cable and I use a splitter that goes to a garmin GPS and this camera. Could power be an issue? I'm almost tempted to replace it with a G1W cause I have two of them and they have been rock solid and I only bought the mini 0803 because of the size for travelling in rental cars.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Are you supposed to use a Class 4 card? I thought Class 10?

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by Cos
    Do you guys have it where randomly I will get the chime like it is starting? I start the car, it kicks on, start driving. After about 5-7 minutes after it has been running it makes the turning on chime again. Not sure what the chime is for, if it is full, actually restarting, or what.
    I've been noticing this problem with mine as well. I noticed that it does stop recording randomly and then when the chimes again, it starts recording again.

My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by botox
    I've been having lots of issues with my cam that I bought as a mini 0803. Biggest issue is that it stops recording and shuts off. I use a samsung 32gb class 10 card and it freezes to a point where I can't even reboot it so I have to unplug it and let the battery die. I tried another class 4 card and it's a bit better cause it will just turn off. A reformat will only fix it until the card fills up again and I've done a firmware upgrade as well. I've reset the unit to factory and same issue and I format the cards with the camera and not my pc. Anyone else have these issues? This cam shares one cig cable and I use a splitter that goes to a garmin GPS and this camera. Could power be an issue? I'm almost tempted to replace it with a G1W cause I have two of them and they have been rock solid and I only bought the mini 0803 because of the size for travelling in rental cars.
    there are a lot of knockoffs of mini 0803, i have a couple myself, and some of them are complete trash, which is why i suggest buying direct from ojocam, then you know you're getting a stable variant.

^^ Fact Checked

^^ I'm pretty sure this one is real. I did a lot of research for the fake models and im pretty confident mine is real cause all physical features, gps, video software and playback and other software features check out. Anyhow, I've been doing some tests and I think it is a power issue because i use a splitter running off of one cig adapter. I don't have a meter to check but I've had the camera running by itself at home for over 24hrs now and no issues. I'm going to change the cig adapter fuse then add the proper inline fuses to the splitter cable and hopefully that will fix the problem.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Having some issues lately, bumping this thread up. OjoCam Pro 2 isn't recording any audio/ sound anymore.. randomly. Tried reformatting the card twice, still nothing.

It also will randomly skip and not record things, like yesterday it recorded the first 6 minutes of my drive - the next 6 minutes are gone, and then I have another clip for 3 minutes while missing everything inbetween.

My Ride
    Rage2

I did have a few issues with mine, it would powercycle and stop/start recoridng randomly, i formatted the memory card several times, in the end it turned out to be the memory card, swapped it for another card and its been rock solid again.

That said my go-to now is this guy here, i like how discreet it is and its priced really well, i have one in my truck, and although the truck is only used for a few thousand k/yr for camping, its been fine for the past season.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...n&isFreeShip=y

I've recently been looking at this one too, i like the smartphone connectivity.. havn't seen any reviews though
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ROCK-...2-527af8a43aa4
    Last edited by Thaco; 02-04-2016 at 12:59 PM.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Lol, I found it... I had audio muted. You just press the "up" button once! Audio back on!

My Ride
    Rage2

Lol, I found it... I had audio muted. You just press the "up" button once! Audio back on!
    yeah that was going to be my suggestion until you said it was random, so i assumed that was not the case, glad you figured it out anyway.

^^ Fact Checked

is there going to be another group buy soon?
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9