Quantcast
Los Cabos/Cabo San Lucas - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Los Cabos/Cabo San Lucas

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Los Cabos/Cabo San Lucas

Any "must do" activities or restaurants to go to? Sights to see etc?

Plan on whale watching, maybe fishing so far.

[url]

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

if you are going to go fishing, use this guy Marlin FIshing , he is an unreal. I have gone fishing with him 5 times now and caught marlin every time.

As for other things to do, I would also go on this http://skytourscabo.com

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Check out the arch. Go downtown Cabo and have a blast. Shopping is good. Parasailing is good.

It's tough because you can't really utilize the ocean much...

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by USED1
    if you are going to go fishing, use this guy Marlin FIshing , he is an unreal. I have gone fishing with him 5 times now and caught marlin every time.

As for other things to do, I would also go on this http://skytourscabo.com
    Fishing yet but that paragliding/sailing stuff would scare the shit out of me. I have become more and more afraid of heights the older I get. Lame I know, but I would freak riding one of those things. I would be happy fishing for whatever, doesn't have to be a marlin, although that would be cool.

[url]

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Snorkeling at Chileno bay.
    Not much there (no restaurants, just washrooms and some palapas) so take food/drink, but it's an awesome spot, you can snorkel from the beach, or take a tour there on the Cabo Escape.

You can swim Medano beach, some good bars/restaurants along there (Billygans, The Office etc.)

Downtown Cabo San Lucas has great restaurants/bars, hard to find a bad place ok Lorenzillos is overpriced, and not very good, but other than that...

Cabo Wabo is great if you're a rocker, and I've heard that the new Rockstone is good, haven't been there yet.

Baja Cantina on the marina or medal beach,the zip lines are fun and the bungee jump and the giant swing from the gondola is refreshing.
    20 minutes away in San Jose is the new Rock and brew co- owned by Gene Simmons.
    If you're into authentic Mexican food try a few of the roadside taco stands,even visit gordo Leles the 5 th Beatle.
    an hour north is the artsy town of Todos Santos and the real ' unofficial ' Hotel California
    Any bar on medano beach is fun after dark.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:39 PM.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

It is a great day of fun but one piece of advice....wear some nice form fitting underwear...ask me how I know.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by englishbob
    It is a great day of fun but one piece of advice....wear some nice form fitting underwear...ask me how I know.
    Does a thong work?

[url]

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:36 PM.

My Ride
    G6

Don't snorkel; big waste of time and money for how shitty it is. Don't buy any tours at your hotel. You can get the exact same ones at the harbor for less. I'd check out the arch. I also really liked the zipline tour; done one here and Puerto Vallarta and this one was way better.

If for whatever reason you decide to buy silver down there, bring a magnet! Silver is non-magnetic.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Good to know about the silver lol. Would just maybe buy a bracelet or something smaller.

Zipline sounds fund, too bad to hear about the snorkeling, seems like there are a lot of fish there? But I have heard the water is rough...

I was too sick to go snorkelling with turtle in Cancun when were there last time so was hoping Cabo might have something.

[url]

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Fishing in the Ocean is not like fishing on a lake. It's rough, and the swells can get really bad.

Take Dramamine the night before, right before you go to sleep, then take another in the morning. You'll need to be at the Marina by 6:30-7am typically. The Dramamine might make you a bit drowsy. I'll warn you that even taking something for motion sickness may not stop you from getting sick. Both my buddy and his wife got so sick that we ended up having to go back to shore, which meant our trip was done and I paid $600 USD for a 1.5 hour boat ride....I was pretty pissed at my friends, but meh, things happen I guess.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    Fishing in the Ocean is not like fishing on a lake. It's rough, and the swells can get really bad.

Take Dramamine the night before, right before you go to sleep, then take another in the morning. You'll need to be at the Marina by 6:30-7am typically. The Dramamine might make you a bit drowsy. I'll warn you that even taking something for motion sickness may not stop you from getting sick. Both my buddy and his wife got so sick that we ended up having to go back to shore, which meant our trip was done and I paid $600 USD for a 1.5 hour boat ride....I was pretty pissed at my friends, but meh, things happen I guess.
    I have been fishing off the coast of Victoria and the Gulf Islands several times now over many years so think I should be okay? Actually have probably been fishing on oceans more times than I have lakes or rivers. Good to keep in mind though.

[url]

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos
    Anyone have a good suggestion for a resort? We are thinking 5 days somewhere. Wouldnt mind being really close to the Town so we can wander in.
    I really enjoyed the RIU Santa Fe. Food was great, price was cheap, lots of pools, nice beach. We had a great time

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Cos
    Anyone have a good suggestion for a resort? We are thinking 5 days somewhere. Wouldnt mind being really close to the Town so we can wander in.
    Barcelo - 15 minutes to Cabo, 5 minutes to San Jose Del Cabo.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Ziplining is great out there. Been there twice. Great group of guys. Its a lot more than just zip lining. Its a great hike, theres like 6 ziplines (the last one rocks). There's also repelling (or climb down on a ladder if you are a sissy) and a few other things like v-bridges, etc.... Definately worth the money.

Also, check out the lands end

You'll have to hire a boat to take you out there. If you can, find a guy named Salo at the docks. I know it may be a stretch, but he was freaking awesome. He would drop us off at the island at like 10, we would tell him to get us at 2, and sure thing he was there at 2. (youll never be left there, there is always boat drivers coming looking for people to take back). Make sure you have tip/money for the island. Theres a guy selling beer, AND there are guys that help you off the boat and get your shit for you, and they get pissy if you dont tip (its not much, like 20 pesos). If you ask Salo, he can get some fish too, so that you can lure the sea lions to your boat. They are hilarious, they know where all the food is. We didnt get any to our boat because they were following all the big fishing boats. Tip everybody well (doesnt have to be huge, just constantly tip) and you will get MUCH better service than somebody who doesnt.

A friend went snorkeling and loved it as well.

Such a great place. Also, Barcelo was AWESOME. The second time i went, we stayed at the Riu Palace. It was good, and HUGE but their meal schedule sucked ass IMO.
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 03-25-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast