Quantcast
Free Sirius/XM service going on 4 years now - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Free Sirius/XM service going on 4 years now

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok


    Honestly I don't even know why anyone living and working in a city with decent cell reception would even bother subscribing. If you work out of town, sure, but for $20 a month, that's enough LTE to cover all your live-streaming needs through a phone.
    exactly what i do. tune in radio. free.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    My Ride
    2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok


    Honestly I don't even know why anyone living and working in a city with decent cell reception would even bother subscribing. If you work out of town, sure, but for $20 a month, that's enough LTE to cover all your live-streaming needs through a phone.
    I would do this, but I'm paying $75/m for only 1GB of data.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, Harley
    Posts
    1,763
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The only reason I still choose to pay for my radio is Jason Ellis. If he ever leaves I will cancel my subscription. The sound quality just isn't there anymore.
    Originally posted by rage2
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i have got a 3 month subscription right now and seriously like having xm. I spend easily 2-3 hours per day in my car, frequently more. Although i mostly listen to opie and anthony show, howard stern and the comedy networks where the quality isn't a big deal.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by wintonyk
    i have got a 3 month subscription right now and seriously like having xm. I spend easily 2-3 hours per day in my car, frequently more. Although i mostly listen to opie and anthony show, howard stern and the comedy networks where the quality isn't a big deal.
    Wait, wat? The Howard Stern show isn't available in Canada?? Is it??

    I couldn't find it on my dial at all.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    edmonton
    My Ride
    Ford
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by A2VR6
    Lifetime subscription FTW... im so happy I jumped on that before they shut that option down.
    i got the lifetime sub in mid 2006 when howard came. use the sirius app on my phone all the time. have a stiletto sitting in a box somewhere.
    cant get the lifetime sub anymore.
    Last edited by blairtruck; 03-06-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    edmonton
    My Ride
    Ford
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by schurchill39
    The only reason I still choose to pay for my radio is Jason Ellis. If he ever leaves I will cancel my subscription. The sound quality just isn't there anymore.
    havent missed a single episode since 2007. had my stilletto set up to record the show everyday but now its on replays on the app.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by anarchy


    Wait, wat? The Howard Stern show isn't available in Canada?? Is it??

    I couldn't find it on my dial at all.
    100 and 101.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    911 & Cayenne
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by schurchill39
    The only reason I still choose to pay for my radio is Jason Ellis. If he ever leaves I will cancel my subscription. The sound quality just isn't there anymore.
    I only use it for Covino and Rich. When they got rid of Maxim radio and cancelled the show for a bit I cancelled my service, then when they brought the show back I signed up again.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '14 Audi A4/Element
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by anarchy


    Wait, wat? The Howard Stern show isn't available in Canada?? Is it??

    I couldn't find it on my dial at all.
    Same here. Finally looked into it, channel 100 and 101 are part of the premium package. I signed up under the lifetime subscription way back when, so I got the basic.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    edmonton
    My Ride
    Ford
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by idriveabox


    Same here. Finally looked into it, channel 100 and 101 are part of the premium package. I signed up under the lifetime subscription way back when, so I got the basic.
    i bought the lifetime and have had howard 100/101 since 2006. thought you only needed to upgrade to get best of XM
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '14 Audi A4/Element
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Maybe so. Think she said its $150 for 3 years? Whatever the upgrade is. All I know is I don't have it lol.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    They just brought back their $48 for 12 months (1 year) offer, for internet radio (includes iOS/android apps, online streaming, etc.)...

    http://shop.xmradio.ca/index.cfm?id=...ey=mediaplayer

    In case anyone is interested...normally I believe it's $15 month ($180 a year)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Pioneer Sirius Connect + Sirius Connect Kit

    By eglove in forum Automotive Parts [Audio/Video/Radar Systems]
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 03-15-2012, 01:29 AM
  2. FS: Sirius Satellite Starmate 3 Radio and 6 Months Free Service

    By oilerfan4lyfe in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
  3. US Sirius Radio vs Canadian Sirius Radio

    By likwid in forum In Car Entertainment / Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 12-11-2005, 01:58 AM
  4. Going..and going...and going..and..

    By Khalil in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 19
    Latest Threads: 05-02-2005, 01:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •