Titleist StaDry Bag
    Titleist 913 D2 AD DI 7X tipped 1"
    Titleist 913 3W FD D+ X Flex
    Titleist 913 18 degree HD D+ X Flex
    Mizuno MP-53 PW-4i KBS Tour Stiff
    Titleist SM4 52/56/60 KBS Wedge Shafts S
    Scotty Cameron Squareback+ Select Tour 33"
    ProV1x

Seems like a lot of Titleist stuff, but their gear seems to work for me really well, but I will only buy Mizuno irons for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by npham; 07-13-2014 at 08:06 PM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    Thinking about a third wheel golf push cart. Anyone have one and how do you like it?
    Unless you walk 90+% of the time, I don't think those push carts are worth it, when it's 5 bucks to rent one, and is a pain in the ass to get in the car/out of the car.

My Ride
    04 EP3'

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    Thinking about a third wheel golf push cart. Anyone have one and how do you like it?
    i have a sun mountain one that was given to me. works great, haven't had any issues at all. i would recommend looking at sun mountain or clic gear. after reading reviews, it seems that these are the highest rated. my brother has a clic gear one and i find it folds up a little more neat than sun mountain, but you shouldn't have an issue with room with either.

Originally posted by petoria

i have a sun mountain one that was given to me. works great, haven't had any issues at all. i would recommend looking at sun mountain or clic gear. after reading reviews, it seems that these are the highest rated. my brother has a clic gear one and i find it folds up a little more neat than sun mountain, but you shouldn't have an issue with room with either.

+1 on the clic gear

buddy got one this summer as part of his goal to walk more than cart
    pops in and out his car easy, lots of neat pouches

My Ride
    2005 F350

I have a clic-gear one that my wife bought me. folds up very easily into the size of a carry-on luggage. handle is height adjustable and has a umbrella holder, etc.

I walk about 50% of the time so it has come in handy.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Titleist 913 d2 9.5*
    Titliest 913f 15*
    Taylormade rescue11 18*
    Ping G25 4-U
    Titleist spin milled 56* 60*
    Rife Aruba putter

2nd year of actual golfing and I'm consistently hitting 90s. Best score so far this season is 91 a couple strokes from breaking 90. Last year was 110 avg with 100 as my best score.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

So I played Willow Park for my first time last week and walked away underwhelmed. The course was boring and gets my award for worst private track in the Calgary area. I haven't played Calgary or Earl yet so in case if anyone here needs to fill a 4th spot at either of these courses please invite me.

If Maple had similar conditioning to Willow it would blow it out of the water imo. Of course Willow does have a very bland piece of land to work with but it seems the course was an afterthought and selling houses was the main goal, which is more of the 1990s/2000s developer mind frame.

Of course I landed 2 feet directly behind the tree in the middle of the fairway on the par 5 on the front. I was fine with that until I saw the tree in the middle of the fairway again on the back 9. At least this fairway was much wider so it could work. But the issue is the tree is far too close to the tee box since the good players can easily hit over it so it only comes into play for weaker players. Terrible golf architecture in my books.

But enough complaining since I'm teeing off at Blue Devil in a few hours for a golf tourney. Leah you should be happy to know I've avoided this companies courses since I read about your experience with the folks who run it. But I had no choice today either...

My WITB
    SLDR Driver
    Ancient Callaway Big Bertha 5 wood
    3-PW Original Nike Forged Irons from 2002 I think, fully customized and stamped
    52 56 60 Cleveland CG15 wedges
    Putter is dependant on feel and I have quite a choice in the basement. Today I'm taking my 32" 8802

Can anyone recommend the best place for lessons that aren't crazy expensive, because I'm guessing I will need a lot haha. I'm just so bad at golf, but for my job I need to golf a lot and sometimes it's embarrassing being as bad a golfer as I am (Mostly inconsistency, aiming, etc), so I should probably do something about it.

I just need someone to fix my swing and help me aim, I am absolutely brutal with those 2 things. If I shoot 120 and lose less than 9 balls, it's a good day (luckily those Pro V1's are free lol).

Has anybody ever done a stay and play in Whitefish? I am trying to setup a yearly golf trip and wouldn't mind going somewhere relatively close that is in the states.

We don't really care too much for the hotel and would rather spend the money on nice courses.

Also looking for recommendations for courses in the area.

Thanks

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by 20incheyes
    Today I'm taking my 32" 8802
    Tough stick to putt with. I bought a Scotty Cameron Napa, with the intent to play with it, but it's brutal at lagging putts in from 20+ ft. What kind is it?

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by npham

Tough stick to putt with. I bought a Scotty Cameron Napa, with the intent to play with it, but it's brutal at lagging putts in from 20+ ft. What kind is it?
    I agree they are tough to lag but I struggle most at 30+ feet. I was playing a scramble that day so I wasn't planning to hit any putts over 20 feet unless they're for an eagle. I have an actual Wilson I've had for over 20 years now.

Is that your only Scotty? I've got a slanted newport 2.0 which I have a real love/hate relationship with. It's an old one though, I haven't bought a putter since odyssey came out with the white hot faces, so I'm due to get one or two soon.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by Phlav
    Has anybody ever done a stay and play in Whitefish? I am trying to setup a yearly golf trip and wouldn't mind going somewhere relatively close that is in the states.

We don't really care too much for the hotel and would rather spend the money on nice courses.

Thanks
    There is some great recos for whitefish on calgarypuck forum in the golf thread. One guy on there seems to make it an annual trip and writes a good update on all the courses in the area.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Can anyone recommend the best place for lessons that aren't crazy expensive, because I'm guessing I will need a lot haha.
    Lessons are vital to be on the right path but hitting thousands of shots with that knowledge is what it really takes to develop a swing with some consistency. I could even say for every lesson you should hit a 600-1000 balls after it before you really need another lesson.

If you want I could ask my friend who was an associate pro at Pinebrook, Elbow, McKenzie and Elbow if he wants a side cash gig, just PM me. But he is more of a feel coach meaning if your an engineer and need technical facts I would look elsewhere. But the game does come down to feel at the end of the day.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by 20incheyes

I agree they are tough to lag but I struggle most at 30+ feet. I was playing a scramble that day so I wasn't planning to hit any putts over 20 feet unless they're for an eagle. I have an actual Wilson I've had for over 20 years now.

Is that your only Scotty? I've got a slanted newport 2.0 which I have a real love/hate relationship with. It's an old one though, I haven't bought a putter since odyssey came out with the white hot faces, so I'm due to get one or two soon.
    I've got a Napa, Del Mar and my new Squareback+ I just bought. Del Mar has been my gamer, but I really like the Squareback+ so far.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Awesome news! Kananaskis Country Golf Course will be restored after devastating 2013 flood.

http://www.calgarygolfblog.com/2014/...-restored.html
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I just need someone to fix my swing and help me aim, I am absolutely brutal with those 2 things.
    Well, since those are pretty much the only two skills involved in golfing, lessons are probably a great idea.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Phlav

Thanks
    Just got back from a 4 day Whitefish trip and it's awesome. $60-$75 for a round with a cart. 6 pack of beer in a bag of ice on the course was $13 We played Whitefish Lake (north & south) and some other course that I was way to hung-over to recall the name but they were all really nice.

There was 12 guys so we rented a mansion on an acreage just outside of town which was $145/person for the 4 nights. Hot tub, right on a creek, horseshoes, fire pit, place was sweet.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

And speaking of golf I really need to update my equipment. My irons are 15+ year old Ping knockoffs, more of a blade style and I suck. I used to golf a lot (twice a week) and was shooting consistently mid-high 80's. Last 4 years (prior to this past weekend) I think I only had 5 rounds of golf so my game has gone to shit.

I have a decent driver but I need new everything else. Was looking at the Nike Covert 2.0 irons. Figured the perimeter weight and big cavity back might help out. I don't slice or hook, I either shank it or crush it. And I couldn't hit my 3 or 4 iron off the fairway if my life depended on it.

Also thinking about picking up some sort of hybrid 3 & 5 wood/rescue club. What the hells the difference between all them?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have been very happy with the Cobra Hybrids. Mine are a little older, but great clubs. I don't even carry a 3W, use my 3R instead. Very useable from mild rough as well.

I need my set regripped more than I need new irons. maybe properly fitted too.
    My bag is a rainbow of different brands
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Speargrass worth the drive? Trying to decide between Canal and Speargrass this weekend.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast