Quantcast
2014 Golf Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Golf Thread

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Shot a 98 at applecreek I think it is called. Near Airdrie. Not my best round there not my worst. First time out with new titleist irons and they were amazing. My tee box is where I failed miserably

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Played two rounds this weekend at Golden. Won the most skins, and shot the highest score of my foursome. I think that's referred to as "clutch".

Also drank a lot while doing it, much to the disgust of my buddies wives.

Beautiful course. I think I'll go back some time and treat it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Hope to play River Spirit on Saturday if the weather holds up. Goal is to break 90.. Have had back to back 91's last 2 times out...

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by theken
    Shot a 98 at applecreek I think it is called. Near Airdrie. Not my best round there not my worst. First time out with new titleist irons and they were amazing. My tee box is where I failed miserably
    Super small greens there. It's a fun course, but needs to mature a bunch. I've never hit so many greens and bounced off until I played there. Do they have their clubhouse built yet?

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

HeatherGlen is the 1st golf course in Alberta to offer Foot Golf: http://www.calgarygolfblog.com/2014/...foot-golf.html

What do you guys think about this?
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by GDCivicSi
    HeatherGlen is the 1st golf course in Alberta to offer Foot Golf: http://www.calgarygolfblog.com/2014/...foot-golf.html

What do you guys think about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    '11 Titan/01 RC51

^^^ THIS!!!

i was actually out there last week and kinda had a WTF moment when i saw the pins.

kinda lowers my perception of the place (which wasn't high to begin with)

Heatherglen is and always was a shithole and last resort weekend course for me... bad condition, shitty layout, poor staff, poorly run etc.

Throw that along with blue devil now, how they try to justify those fees I have no clue. Although blue devil isn't as bad as HG

First round of the year at Maple Ridge yesterday evening.
    43 and 53...
    That damned hotdog at the turn did me in...lol.
    Not bad for pulling the clubs out of storage and walking to the first tee box.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by cjblair

I hear the guy that runs Desert Blume is a real dickbag. Any truth to this?
    I have only dealt with the Head Pro and he has been accommodating to me... that's the extent of my opinion on that at this time!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mom-van

Finally got out to play on Wednesday at my new track of Inglewood and was actually happy with my ball striking for the most part!! I changed my grip back from changing it last year (which was the worst year I've had in a LONG time, went from a 8 to 12 index) and shot an 88 with 2 doubles... so I am quite pleased with that. The course is in tremendous shape considering what it went through last year.
    ~*Leah*~

I hope the weather holds up tomorrow, another Elbow round (love memberships haha)

On the shitty side my FT-5 shit the bed Wednesday night. Had three drives in a row on the last tee where I hit it clean and it made a badddd noise and punched straight into the ground basically.

Naturally I had to hit up golf town today for lunch nearby on 32nd and to my surprise of the 4 drivers I tested out, I loved the I20 with the X 6.0 shaft. Hopefully the simulator wasn't fucking with me , shall find out tomorrow afternoon assuming no lightning...

My Ride
    Mom-van

I need a new driver. I've decided. I don't know what I want to get but ... it's time. I drive it long for a girl but I think I could be hitting it even further with a driver that isn't from 2007.... mind you, my irons are also that old.... maybe it's just time for a whole new set all together!!!

I played at Delacour on the weekend and couldn't hit it straight. Ended up taking SIX!!!!!! penalty strokes. But I still ended up saving a 92 somehow with that. Take out the crap shots and it coulda been an 86! Not terribly disappointed with that. Never happy when I can't break 90 but trying to find the positive in my game lol.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    I need a new driver. I've decided. I don't know what I want to get but ... it's time. I drive it long for a girl but I think I could be hitting it even further with a driver that isn't from 2007.... mind you, my irons are also that old.... maybe it's just time for a whole new set all together!!!

I played at Delacour on the weekend and couldn't hit it straight. Ended up taking SIX!!!!!! penalty strokes. But I still ended up saving a 92 somehow with that. Take out the crap shots and it coulda been an 86! Not terribly disappointed with that. Never happy when I can't break 90 but trying to find the positive in my game lol.
    Not to sound like a dick but it's not the equipment that is preventing you from hitting it straight, trust me I've tried it. Only thing that worked was fixing my swing!

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by ~Leah~

The greens there are tough. I played on Sunday for my first time there, and I 3 putted so many times. I shot 88 there which wasn't terrible considering I've never played there and there were lots of blind tee shots.

I haven't been to Inglewood yet this year, but plan to ASAP. It's 5 minutes from work!

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by USED1

Not to sound like a dick but it's not the equipment that is preventing you from hitting it straight, trust me I've tried it. Only thing that worked was fixing my swing!
    I should clarify - normally I can keep it straight. It was just the day (I worked an event at my course the day before for 18 hours and was exhausted so wasn't fully rotating probably)... it's length I'm looking for. The new technology out there does add distance to a good swing (not to sound like a bitch but I'm almost certain I have the nicest swing of anyone here).

Originally posted by npham

The greens there are tough. I played on Sunday for my first time there, and I 3 putted so many times. I shot 88 there which wasn't terrible considering I've never played there and there were lots of blind tee shots.

I haven't been to Inglewood yet this year, but plan to ASAP. It's 5 minutes from work!
    The greens were definitely tough but receptive and in pretty good shape! Let me know when you come out here, it's in good shape too... somehow!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    04 EP3'

playing stewart creek in canmore on friday morning. heard many great things about this course. looking forward to it!

played inglewood last week and wasn't very impressed tbh. the greens are in great condition, however their fairways are so inconsistent. very bumpy fairway and it's almost like your ball is in a divot each time you're hitting. won't be going back to inglewood this year.

Thought I would follow up on my last post about new driver.

The Ping I20 was great at Elbow on Saturday. Did Elbow front, Springs back. Shot 46/44. That included two just ugly triples on front hole 3/4, then we got rained on from hole 4 to 11.

Back 9 I was happy with, had two putts run around the hole on me and still kept a 44. So easily a 42 without the rim jobs.

See how the next rounds go with the driver, I forgot to book for this weekend ahead of time and all the times I could play are gone. Might try to walk on if I can...

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by petoria
    playing stewart creek in canmore on friday morning. heard many great things about this course. looking forward to it!

played inglewood last week and wasn't very impressed tbh. the greens are in great condition, however their fairways are so inconsistent. very bumpy fairway and it's almost like your ball is in a divot each time you're hitting. won't be going back to inglewood this year.
    Interested to see how the holes held up at Stewart Creek that were affected by the flood.

As for Inglewood - you must have ended up in weird spots because I really haven't had issues on the fairways besides a couple areas that are being fixed on the back 9. Considering the entire golf course was under 20 feet of raging water less than a year ago, they've brought it up to par pretty well in my opinion. I don't think it's fair to say it's like you're hitting out of a divot each time because they are not that bad. But to each their own.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by colinxx235
    Thought I would follow up on my last post about new driver.

The Ping I20 was great at Elbow on Saturday. Did Elbow front, Springs back. Shot 46/44. That included two just ugly triples on front hole 3/4, then we got rained on from hole 4 to 11.

Back 9 I was happy with, had two putts run around the hole on me and still kept a 44. So easily a 42 without the rim jobs.

See how the next rounds go with the driver, I forgot to book for this weekend ahead of time and all the times I could play are gone. Might try to walk on if I can...
    Almost time for a little competition between us I see?? You can have home track advantage!
    ~*Leah*~

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast