Quantcast
2014 Golf Thread - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Golf Thread

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by ~Leah~

Interested to see how the holes held up at Stewart Creek that were affected by the flood.

I played there last fall and it was fine out there. There wasn't a lot of damage to the course. I will be out there on Saturday as well, so I can give everyone an idea of it on Sunday.

Originally posted by ~Leah~

Almost time for a little competition between us I see?? You can have home track advantage!

Well in that case I better go play a few more rounds first before I venture up the path of embarrassment

Not much of a home track advantage, got a couple rounds in now there. Course turns right so much that it only favors me if my draw is on that day with the boom stick

My Ride
    an abused mule

Former inglewood member here (couldn't afford dues a few years back when I bled out for my income property)... but I still play most Tuesdays there.

The fairways post-flood, IMO, are almost better now than before. Historically, Inglewood has had the hardest concrete fairways... 3 rounds in a row guarantees elbow tendonitis. For whatever reason, the faiways have softened this year. I find it way nicer to play now (though more difficult to hit spinny pinch shots).

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by npham

Super small greens there. It's a fun course, but needs to mature a bunch. I've never hit so many greens and bounced off until I played there. Do they have their clubhouse built yet?
    greens and all the wetland surrounding it, I know the owner, I play there as it is discounted haha, the clubhouse wasn't finished when I was there, they have that big log cabin looking place finished though.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Played Desert Blume this weekend in Medicine Hat and it was challenging and awesome as usual!! Shot 86 during my drunk practice round then 104 in the wind, cold, and rain ... I forgot to bring pants so I was SHIVERING!!! Plus I just sucked. ANNNNND.... on 13 I skulled my tee shot into the tee block in front of me and it shot back coming just millimetres from hitting me and ended up 25 yards behind the tee box in the long shit!!!! UNREAL. Golf course just wasn't helping out my already crappy game. However, I managed only 31 putts and was striping my driver. I was just a hooker with my mid-game. A hooker who lost 5 balls. Haha.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    04 EP3'

played stewart creek on Friday. conditions were amazing! shot an 88 from blue tees. will be playing hamptons sometime this week, anybody been? heard great things so far

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

This year, I've pulled the driver, 3 and 5 wood from my bag and replaced it with a 2 iron and 4 wood.

I've played a couple of rounds with this setup and it was much more enjoyable for me.

I might be onto something here........

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I carry a driver, but no other woods. My next longest club is my 3R hybrid. I should probably have a 3 wood in the bag, but I'd use it maybe once a round.

I might benefit more from picking up a matching 5R hybrid.

I would also benefit from remembering my range on my clubs. I find I often pull a club from the bag, hit it pure, and fly the green. Must need a caddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Also interested in suggestions for cheaper easier courses. I have a couple rounds coming up with guys who rarely golf, and something like lakeside would be just about right. anything north of the city worth checking out? I enjoyed sundre a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also interested in suggestions for cheaper easier courses. I have a couple rounds coming up with guys who rarely golf, and something like lakeside would be just about right. anything north of the city worth checking out? I enjoyed sundre a few years ago.
    Apple Creek just north of Airdrie might be good for that. $45 on weekends and no bunkers. Never golfed it and not sure if I will but it's a cheap and easy option.

I'm going back to my nemesis course on the weekend to golf with a member I signed up back in the day... first time out there in 2 years. We'll see if they kick me out lol. (Blue Devil)
    ~*Leah*~

Thanks to some work shifting and what not I now have 2 weeks off until I start.

Already booked a single walk-on for tmr, rounds thursday, friday, saturday, monday and tuesday

lets hope for some good weather

My Ride
    V8s

Anyone get out this weekend? I played pinebrook again yesterday and wound up with an 88. It's amazing what nice weather and a little practice can do for your game. Hopefully I'm back in the groove of not posting triple-digit scores!

My Ride
    Mom-van

I played at BD this weekend for the first time since the shake down. Was great to see all the members. Been struggling to break 100 for the past week and shot a 99 lol. Then played Dinosaur Trail on Sunday and shot 90. Need short game practice badly but I'm still putting unreal!!
    ~*Leah*~

Shot 99 at river spirit on the weekend... 3 par 4's of 7, 7, 8, kinda took me down a terrible path...

My Ride
    X5

Went to Greywolf Golf Course in Panorama BC this weeked for a company retreat. Was a fantastic, beautiful course. Very difficult though. I'd definitely go back and do it again

did elbow three times last few days

92/90/90 with some drinking and just can't get rid of the triple on each 9. Out of no where it will be errant lost drive, water ball, chunk 2 shots and a 3 putt on par 5s. Frustrating. I always have a few shots that surprise me and lets me know my potential. I shot a 40 on springs on friday with a triple on the 2nd hole par 5. (toed a drive into forest + 3 putt).

I did Heather glen (as a favor for friends) and shot 82 with a similar triple on par 5 (OOB drive + 3 putt). All I have to say is.. fuck that course. Those tee boxes looked like roughs, probably 5 days since cutting, greens weren't that great.

But the biggest thing was the pro staff. Lazy, laid back and took forever to get the round paid for. Then a group member left his club by accident on the 8th (we got hailed on). Realized on the 3rd hole of the back when he needed his 6. I said he should call the club house and for sure someone will drive and grab/bring to you. Especially considering they had 4 guys in the pro shop + 2 young kids doing range balls and stuff. Tell my friend they are too busy to send someone.

Eventually end of round he went and got it, no one even bothered to pick it up and bring to pro shop.

All that for $72.56... what a joke... first time i've been since they fucked over my dads company in a tournament. 100% my last time, i'll just tell friends straight up no in the future.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by colinxx235
    did elbow three times last few days

92/90/90 with some drinking and just can't get rid of the triple on each 9. Out of no where it will be errant lost drive, water ball, chunk 2 shots and a 3 putt on par 5s. Frustrating. I always have a few shots that surprise me and lets me know my potential. I shot a 40 on springs on friday with a triple on the 2nd hole par 5. (toed a drive into forest + 3 putt).

I did Heather glen (as a favor for friends) and shot 82 with a similar triple on par 5 (OOB drive + 3 putt). All I have to say is.. fuck that course. Those tee boxes looked like roughs, probably 5 days since cutting, greens weren't that great.

But the biggest thing was the pro staff. Lazy, laid back and took forever to get the round paid for. Then a group member left his club by accident on the 8th (we got hailed on). Realized on the 3rd hole of the back when he needed his 6. I said he should call the club house and for sure someone will drive and grab/bring to you. Especially considering they had 4 guys in the pro shop + 2 young kids doing range balls and stuff. Tell my friend they are too busy to send someone.

Eventually end of round he went and got it, no one even bothered to pick it up and bring to pro shop.

All that for $72.56... what a joke... first time i've been since they fucked over my dads company in a tournament. 100% my last time, i'll just tell friends straight up no in the future.
    Pretty standard expectations but I have no idea how they charge that for green fee.........
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2005 F350

Played my first full 18 of the year last night at Miurfield. never played there before so I didn't know what to expect. I played so badly on the front 9. shot a 55 with 5 3-putts, 1 4-putt, 2 bogeys and 1 par...

back 9 was a complete turnaround though! 6 pars and 3 bogeys for a 39!! I was on fire!

I think it was the beer and hotdog at the turn
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by SOAB
    Played my first full 18 of the year last night at Miurfield. never played there before so I didn't know what to expect. I played so badly on the front 9. shot a 55 with 5 3-putts, 1 4-putt, 2 bogeys and 1 par...

back 9 was a complete turnaround though! 6 pars and 3 bogeys for a 39!! I was on fire!

I think it was the beer and hotdog at the turn
    I love that course! Shorter track but it's a lot of fun. Always seem to score well there.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

first round of the year hit a 106

second round 94! now time to break into the 80's..hopefully

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast