Quantcast
GIAC Stage 2 - Audi S4 DSG - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GIAC Stage 2 - Audi S4 DSG

Southgate Audi in edmonton is very difficult to deal with. The service folks generally have no idea what the hell they are doing and or try to hide stuff from customers.

Case in point, "300 point inspection" CPO'ed sold at time of purchase. Couldnt figure out why my radio was not working properly. Audi claimed nothing was wrong, I ran a search on the vagcom cable, sure enough there is radio malfuction code stored. There is no way they wouldnt have known if they ran the scan during the inspection of the car.

If you are a warranty guy, then best keep the vehicle stock until out of warranty, or accept that you will have to pay incase things go wrong.

Not to sound like an unreasonable person with the radio issue, southgate audi also tried to "switch" vehicles on a purchase last year.

Scenario: Signed up for a 2013 S4 on the lot, had all the options I wanted, put a deposit and signed the bill of sale. At time of pick up, they swapped the vehicle with another one with the same specs, except it had damage from being sitting in the show room for a few months. This required a respray to the entire driver rear quarter panel and trunk to fix the damage. I didnt realize the vehicle was not the correct one as they just changed the vin number on the bill of sale. Their response was take it or leave it, we will fix and sell to someone else, or offer you a 1k discount. Totally crushed the deal.

My current s4 was purchased from an alternate source. I cannot wait till a second Audi dealership opens up in Edmonton to give them some competition, and hopefully improve their customer service.

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Sounds brutal.

I've had good service from Glenmore Audi here in Calgary. Salesman was a pretty good guy. Service is hit or miss. They fixed some things, but then charged me to fix an auto-levelling issue with the headlights. Blamed it on a bad balast. Charged me $50 (warranty deductable) and replaced it. Didn't fix anything (as i suspected it wouldn't).
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

I hear good things about Glenmore, my family in calgary take their audi's there for servicing and have had positive things to say.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Is there anyone here in Calgary that can do some vag-com coding on my 13 s4 dsg? I'm not too computer savvy and too scared to fuck with my car.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by fcuk_it
    Is there anyone here in Calgary that can do some vag-com coding on my 13 s4 dsg? I'm not too computer savvy and too scared to fuck with my car.
    Try checking Eurodrivers.ca I'm sure someone there can help you

My Ride

Yeah, sorry. I only borrowed the cable to do my VAG'ing.

It was pretty easy once you read the instructions 30-40 times but still stressful to be messing with things.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by fcuk_it
    I have only done it 2 or 3 times on mine as MMI got reset to factory with 1 service. The key is just go slow and make sure you are in the right spot.

I'm not sure about APR stage 1 or any upgrade yet but itching to do so as warranty comes off in a few months. It really depends on if I pick up another daily driver or not and push my S4 into a summer/weekender/project car.

My Ride

The S4 responds so well to tuning, making it so tempting, but I just haven't been able to make that leap yet. The only things I've done to it are summer wheels/rubber, LED's and the VAG-COMing.

I'd love to do an exhaust (AWE resonated) and springs (H&R OEM's)... but that's just a gateway drug

just picked up a set of 19" tsw nurburing rims, looking forward to swap in a couple of week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2