Quantcast
CPS - drop-off tickets? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CPS - drop-off tickets?

Default CPS - drop-off tickets?

I was downstairs at my house and my dog started barking like crazy - meaning someone was at the front door. I went upstairs after not hearing the doorbell ring and saw an old green GMC driving away from the street. No buddies/family drive that here. Opened my mailbox and had a few pieces of junkmail and a ticket from CPS for speeding downtown in February.

All my blinds upstairs were closed, making it appear as though nobody was home. The ticket had a stamp on it, making me think it wasn't hand delivered, but it is an explanation for the green truck and the dog barking.

Any thoughts on this?

Regardless, I guess I'll chuck the motion detector camera up (sigh). In Glendale.

My Ride
    G37X

Could have been delivered to the wrong house and the guy was putting it in your mailbox.

That's very true. Honestly, I didn't even think of that; I think I need to have more faith in society. I grew up in a tiny farming community in Alberta and even after 4 years, I'm still not comfortable in the city - probably never will be - that's not to say I'm "afraid" so to speak, it just doesn't feel like home, where people constantly drop by unannounced, meeting a buddy for a beer doesn't entail working around rush hour traffic, and the biggest "crimes" are kids toilet papering trees.

For me, it's not quite as big of a deal if somebody breaks in when I'm home - I would never just let it happen, one of us would be leaving in a zippered bag or incapacitated. It's my 100 lb fiance I worry about.

Thanks for the reply.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
    That's very true. Honestly, I didn't even think of that; I think I need to have more faith in society. I grew up in a tiny farming community in Alberta and even after 4 years, I'm still not comfortable in the city - probably never will be - that's not to say I'm "afraid" so to speak, it just doesn't feel like home, where people constantly drop by unannounced, meeting a buddy for a beer doesn't entail working around rush hour traffic, and the biggest "crimes" are kids toilet papering trees.

For me, it's not quite as big of a deal if somebody breaks in when I'm home - I would never just let it happen, one of us would be leaving in a zippered bag or incapacitated. It's my 100 lb fiance I worry about.

Thanks for the reply.
    You live in one of the safest parts of Calgary bro, I think you're good

Haha I know I definitely do - it's not like I'm a basket-case worrier. Neighbours are good here too - they've apolgized to me for not shoveling my driveway when I was gone on holidays. Definitely a good neighbourhood with good people.

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

not to worry you, but lately (on Facebook/ news) i've been noticing that criminals are targeting safer neighbourhoods that nobody would think would imagine to be targeted probably due to the fact that people think their homes are safe and leaving doors/windows unocked etc..

With that being said, just remember to keep your doors locked and it looks like you have a camera setup so you should be good.