Quantcast
Opening your car door in a parking lot could cost you! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening your car door in a parking lot could cost you!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by rage2

It's probably because TD is the largest (or 2nd largest) insurer in Canada. I've been using TD for over a decade now, since AMA dropped me for tracking my car, and haven't had an issue with them for any of my claims. And a lot of my claims have been exceptions as well. When my bro wrote off my E55, they put that claim under his policy. When my M3 was at the shop getting the turbo work done and was in an accident on a test drive, they took care of it no questions asked. Even all my crazy mods, I had it all documented and sent to their office, and they insured me at appraised value.

I think my only complaint with them is that they refuse to give the 3 year new car replacement value on any vehicle over $100k.
    well you are the exception to the rule then.

I know with each of my claims, (I was not at fault for any of them), it was like pulling teeth with TDMM, and I was with them for 8+ years. I thought that because I was getting the group rates from them through my job, that I was getting a deal. Boy was I wrong.

I have documented proof of them trying to take premiums out of my account up to 8 days in advance, or 5 days past. I got rear ended at a light, and they tried to find me at fault. I have documentation of them trying to scam cash out of me for my trailer... They are a horrible company. I thought nothing was really wrong until I started investigating things and having a closer look, turns out, I was getting a broom handle to my ass with no lube.

Went to Bill, and he got it all sorted out for me, got the proper insurance, for way cheaper, and better customer service.

Again, I say Fuck TD.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by spikers
    I got rear ended at a light, and they tried to find me at fault.
    That's interesting, because that's exactly what happened to me with AMA, and after getting rear ended twice, they used the excuse of me tracking the car to try to get out of dealing with the 2nd rear ender, and wanted me to deal with the other insurance company myself. In the end they just dropped me after that claim was settled, and I moved to TD due to the group rates at work. I disclosed everything with TD, track days, car shows, mods, they took 2 hrs to get approval from a manager and I was on my way.

I chalk it up to a shitty claims adjuster or whatever they're called dealing with the claims.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I know with each of my claims, (I was not at fault for any of them), it was like pulling teeth with TDMM, and I was with them for 8+ years. I thought that because I was getting the group rates from them through my job, that I was getting a deal. Boy was I wrong.

I have documented proof of them trying to take premiums out of my account up to 8 days in advance, or 5 days past. I got rear ended at a light, and they tried to find me at fault. I have documentation of them trying to scam cash out of me for my trailer... They are a horrible company. I thought nothing was really wrong until I started investigating things and having a closer look, turns out, I was getting a broom handle to my ass with no lube.

Went to Bill, and he got it all sorted out for me, got the proper insurance, for way cheaper, and better customer service.

Again, I say Fuck TD.
    Maybe you are the cause of the issues with TDMM?

Been with them for 9 years, I know not long time frame, and have had zero issues.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to look for open doors whenever I want a new free bumper.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

1. I prefer not to drive into a door in the first place, doesn't matter what the regulation says.

2. I prefer to have control of my door when it's open. If I'm gonna move out of reach, I close the door first.

Based on not so common sense law, they are both at fault.

So many times I see people having their doors wide open onto the road and I want to take them out but I don't want to damage my car.
    It's not like they don't see you coming. They just don't give a shit.

Again, I say Fuck TD.
    I concur. Got rear ended and it was pulling teeth to get any assistance and in the end wasn't helpful at all. Had to do everything ourselves because they won't tell you and expect you to know how to handle the claims. Plus after being not at fault they increased my premium and had on record that we were at fault. Scam. Some other beyonder had the same scam pulled on them untli we complained.
    There's a reason why their premiums are very low; if you don't make any claims you're fine. Once you need help, prepare to pull teeth.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by guessboi
    This is not new and I have seen it a few times in the past few years.

If you open your door and another car hits your door or backs into it.
    You are 100% at fault with the door open. TDMM or not, it is 100% at fault.

I have an open claim where my client was driving through a tight residential road, "not paying attention" and bumped into an open door...guess what...he is not at fault.
    THAT IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Hmmm, I guess I'll have to look for open doors whenever I want a new free bumper.
    I almost feel like buying a beater, just to drive around tearing car doors off for fun

My Ride
    4x4

It's one thing on a city street... Swing your door open into traffic - you're gonna pay...

It another thing in a parking lot... If there's someone there loading/unloading a child - in a parking spot - why the f*ck would you proceed to try to squeeze into that parking spot no matter what?

I just felt like pointing out the TDMM - since their name comes up in these 'weird' insurance moments so often - and they love us so much for doing so

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by lasimmon

Maybe you are the cause of the issues with TDMM?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

You having a bad experience =/= them being a bad company.

My Ride
    You Crazy

That's is SUPER GAY.

I would Lawyer up, child involved, claim trauma.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am with rage here re: TD I insure everything with them for cheap rates (140 a month full coverage on my gti and I was 21 at last rate adjustment).

Home insurance is very reasonable as well.

They have also always been fantastic to deal with. 0 issues ever. Even were ok with 8 days of prorated insurance when I was back in town from school for a week.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by lasimmon

You having a bad experience =/= them being a bad company.
    But with all the anecdotes of the other Beyonders, the bad service they received, the constant headaches in dealing with TDMM = me being the problem then?

again, I say
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

But with all the anecdotes of the other Beyonders, the bad service they received, the constant headaches in dealing with TDMM = me being the problem then?

again, I say
    I've been with them for 12 years, and have also never had a problem once. Then again, I've only had two no fault claims in 12 years, and zero at fault claims, lol.

Either way, I called Touchstone today and am switching as soon as my current auto policy is up with TDMM 37% savings FTW.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 03-19-2014 at 06:38 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

I'm group rate tdmm. No one could touch their car rates. But man... Their top of the line home package is rude expensive.

They treated me well on my claims. But that they wouldn't go to bat for this woman is a disgrace. As a dad. If I'm putting my kid into his seat, and some asshat got impatient..... I'd be tempted to..... Ah... Never mind lol.

Still angry at the stupidity of this.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    She left her door wide open, then walked away from the vehicle creating a hazard. I say it is her fault for not being defensive... she should have finished what she was doing first, then moved the cart out of the way. By leaving the car and moving the cart she may have created the appearance that it was clear to park in to the other driver.
    I agree... doing something nice fucked her!

Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Either way, I called Touchstone today and am switching as soon as my current auto policy is up with TDMM 37% savings FTW.
    Man how are you guys getting such discounts... I'm with TDMM for the past 11 yrs and I've just about shopped everywhere else in the last year and nobody could touch their rates I'd love to switch but not if I'm paying a bunch more.

My Ride
    AP1

That's pretty ridiculous. Watch people start crashing into other people's car doors on purpose and then claim whiplash.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast