Quantcast
Michelin PSS - Snow - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelin PSS - Snow

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Default Michelin PSS - Snow

Alright so I know the thread title is about as as you can get but here it goes.

I am picking up my new car this Saturday, I'll make a proper thread for it once I have it, but my issue is I had it spec'd with michrelin pilot super sports on a rwd. In anyone's experience in particular people who have used these tires how bad are they in the snow?

I am not planning on setting the car up with winters until this fall so for the time being it will be a garage queen. Will the car be safe / stable enough in the cold and snow to bring home or should I leave it at the dealer until early next week when the snow melts?

Appreciate the help!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wait till it's just wet. In today's road condition, you wont be able to stop at all going downhill. Main roads are fine, it's just the slush covered roads where it'll be a problem.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2
    Wait till it's just wet. In today's road condition, you wont be able to stop at all going downhill. Main roads are fine, it's just the slush covered roads where it'll be a problem.
    That's what I am afraid of haha. It will definitely have to be a call I make day of...

Hopefully things taper off here today but if they don't it will have to sit on the lot...

Thanks for the advice, I assume you have driven with them? Don't know what C63's come stock with.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Absolutely useless in snow, like rage2 said wait till it's either dry or wet only.

My Ride
    V8s

In related news, I saw some jackass riding his motorcycle home around 6pm last night. A cruiser/streetbike no less.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

They are so bad in the snow/ice that just gently taking my foot off the clutch (not applying any throttle) they were spinning

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by 94boosted
    They are so bad in the snow/ice that just gently taking my foot off the clutch (not applying any throttle) they were spinning
    Holy shit! That's nuts haha.

The car itself is definitely not that crazy in power or anything but honestly I don't think it would make it up any kind of an incline in snow or ice.

The grip in the dry was though.

I don't know what kind of genius would spec the no cost all seasons over the staggered pss's

My Ride
    V8s

^What did you buy?

Originally posted by killramos

That's what I am afraid of haha. It will definitely have to be a call I make day of...

Hopefully things taper off here today but if they don't it will have to sit on the lot...

Thanks for the advice, I assume you have driven with them? Don't know what C63's come stock with.

I made the mistake of delaying taking Mich PS2 off before a snow fall the first year, my audi didn't leave the block.... I tried... hahaha

My Ride
    This and that.

Sounds like a C63.

I have been driving mine for the past couple of days and it does wobble and scare you a bit and I even have winter tires on it. Wouldn't even think of moving it with non-winter tires until the roads are cleaned off. Perhaps if they are a little wet, then it might be okay, but if there is any slush/snow, don't risk it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Definitely not a C63 if it's new. You can't choose what tires are on it, it's dictated by the factory, and only comes with Continentals and Pirellis.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Nope no c63 (I wish, next time).

Picked up a new BMW M235i. The test drive sold me on it it's completely fantastic.

Bought the calgary bmw Demo car. I was the first test drive and I locked it up haha.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Nope no c63 (I wish, next time).

Picked up a new BMW M235i. The test drive sold me on it it's completely fantastic.

Bought the calgary bmw Demo car. I was the first test drive and I locked it up haha.
    congrats man. sounds like u picked up a fun ride!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by faiz999

congrats man. sounds like u picked up a fun ride!
    Thanks man!

I am really excited, first real sports car (coming from the GTI) and my first favourite car was the e46 m3 which I think this car will pretty well emulate.

I am sure I got peoples hopes up for a new Aston or something when I was talking about the PSS's lol.

Definitely a quality offering from bmw though. Easy decision compared to a 435

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Congrats killramos

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

You might be better off getting the car flat decked home, or if you know someone with a trailer. Might be a safer option than driving home

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by shadowz
    You might be better off getting the car flat decked home, or if you know someone with a trailer. Might be a safer option than driving home
    Yea I don't think I will go that far. I'll just leave it on the lot until the weather is clear.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I will get some pics and a half decent review posted here in the coming weeks (maybe more if it never makes it out of the garage...)

My Ride
    This and that.

I misunderstood and didn't realize the car was a brand new one with those tires. Nonetheless, great choice and congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy in good health.

Yea I don't think I will go that far. I'll just leave it on the lot until the weather is clear.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I will get some pics and a half decent review posted here in the coming weeks (maybe more if it never makes it out of the garage...)

Which color combo did you select? curious to see a review on it after someone has driven for a few weeks to get the pros/cons

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by colinxx235

Which color combo did you select? curious to see a review on it after someone has driven for a few weeks to get the pros/cons
    Car is Estoril Blue, Black Dakota interior, aluminum hexagon w Piano black.

I'll definitely get a review out for you guys. From the test drive it was sheer perfection though. That was all keeping it below 4K.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast