Quantcast
Clash Of Clans - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash Of Clans

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

Default Clash Of Clans

So I traded my marriage for some lvl6 balloons.

Anyone else in the same boat with a good clan?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Yeah. I am sitting at level 8, refusing to go any further until I upgrade everything. Baygirl rolls her eyes at me constantly.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

Nice. I'm a decent level 9. My clan just split in two, and I'm in the offshoot looking for members. "Four Lights".

Your clan good?

My Ride
    Has AWD

love this game, hate how slow the upgrade process goes, im also at lvl 8 Town Hall. I personally think they fudged the clan part of this game, clan wars mean u fighting another clan by choice, not by the game randomly choosing what base u get to attack. I should be able to search a clan and attack any member within my lvl. Ive almost reached my breakup point with this game, its a great game but they fucked everyone past about lvl 5, u want upgrades u have to pony up actual cash in the game......wtf is that? I wanna save up 3,000,000 gold for a town hall upgrade, even if i maxed out all my defenses and walls(and im close to completing that) I still would never be able to reach 3,000,0000 gold due to being attacked every 12 hours, and all my gold/elixer mines are maxxed! It took me a week just to save up 800,000 elixer, id get to 700,000 elixer before bed and I wake up and Im down to 600,000 elixer........i got lucky and was left alone for 24 hours, enough time to finally save up the amount I needed.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I hear ya. I finally bit the bullet and bought some gems so I could buy a shield while saving up the gold and elixer.

Just waiting for some APK like the simpsons game had lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    rally pig

been playing for a little over a year now but not as active anymore.

I still login on a daily basis to collect items and donate armies
    I like to keep my trophies low so that they don't attack me

my username taemo from the Clan Tutan clan.
    i have max lvl archer, giants and barbarians, lvl 3 or 4 king and queen

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Here is my village. Still need to upgrade the troops a lot. Finally got level 5 giants!

*EDIT* frick, i can never upload using that stupid attach a pic button. Upload to photobucket again!

Last edited by spikerS; 03-28-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

My base. I've used a $15 iTunes gift card for gems, hard not to get impatient. Just gotta save one thing at a time and arrange your defences to protect that one thing. Cheapest thing for me now is 4.3M gold... and I'm keeping my builders busy.

Would be pretty sweet to be able to pick and choose who you attack... pretty devastating for the weak, but fun I'm sure.
    Last edited by Cueman; 03-28-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Originally posted by MGCM
    love this game, hate how slow the upgrade process goes, im also at lvl 8 Town Hall. I personally think they fudged the clan part of this game, clan wars mean u fighting another clan by choice, not by the game randomly choosing what base u get to attack. I should be able to search a clan and attack any member within my lvl. Ive almost reached my breakup point with this game, its a great game but they fucked everyone past about lvl 5, u want upgrades u have to pony up actual cash in the game......wtf is that? I wanna save up 3,000,000 gold for a town hall upgrade, even if i maxed out all my defenses and walls(and im close to completing that) I still would never be able to reach 3,000,0000 gold due to being attacked every 12 hours, and all my gold/elixer mines are maxxed! It took me a week just to save up 800,000 elixer, id get to 700,000 elixer before bed and I wake up and Im down to 600,000 elixer........i got lucky and was left alone for 24 hours, enough time to finally save up the amount I needed.
    Don't think you've built your base well if you keep getting attacked and can't save a couple mil. Have you upgraded your walls to lvl 6?

I've been playing a couple months, at TH 8 (lvl 54), I sit at about 1400 trophies and rarely get attacked. If you're patient with who you attack, you can get 800 elix pretty quickly.

I don't attack someone unless they have at least 300+ combined resources. Best attack I've ever had was 1.5M in resources.

My Ride
    1989 325i

@MGCM

Do you have your townhall inside your walls? Putting it outside is an easy way to pick up a lot of shieldtime without losing a lot of resources.

That does make trophy collecting more challenging I suppose.

Also, it sounds like your overall strategy is to rely on collectors/mines to build up your resources.

In my experience the best way to build up is to attack as often as possible. It does mean less shield time, but logging will block people from attacking you so activity is kinda like a shield in a way.

But like Cue said, it is good strategy to keep at least one resource in low supply, and move your other one into deep protection.

For instance, if I am collecting elixer for a troop upgrade, I might spend gold on walls as often as possible to keep my gold supply near zero so i am less appealing to attackers.

That said, maybe your base just looks like an easy target. Post up a shot and we can make suggestions.

Anyone want to rate mine? I am thinking about a complete overhaul, but for the most part people seem confused by my base, which is good.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by MGCM
    You have to modify your base if you keep getting attacked.

What I do is:
    -Take your TH to level 10. It will give you a lot more walls and towers to defend your base. For example: its better to have 6 Archer Towers level 6 than having 5 Archer towers level 7.

-Leave your TH outside. People will attack you as soon as your shield goes down and take it your TH down. This will give you a 12 hour shield instanly.

-Focus on attacking instead of saving ( way to slow to save )

-Always have your mortars at the max level your TH allows you to. After all 3 mortars are upgraded, then upgrade wizzard towers

My Ride
    Has AWD

ive gone back and fourth with TH in and out, im still undecided on which one i like, I enjoy my trophy count but its costing me too many attacks right now and it might go back out, I will grab a pic of my base sometime this weekend, sadly i waited too long on walls, they definately need work

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

Originally posted by georgemagana

-Take your TH to level 10. It will give you a lot more walls and towers to defend your base. For example: its better to have 6 Archer Towers level 6 than having 5 Archer towers level 7.
    I strongly disagree here. It is better to have more weak buildings than less strong buildings, but loot bonuses and handicaps make it harder for you to steal big, and makes you more appealing to raiders.

IE if you, a weak level 10 wants to raid a level 8 guy, you are only able to get half of the loot that someone else level 8 would be able to get when raiding the same guy. Conversely, as a level 10, you are vulnerable to having more stolen from you than you would as a level 8.

I've kept my TH as low as I could along the way, maximize everything else, and prey on guys who IMO upgraded there town halls prematurely.

My Ride
    Has AWD

edit: base picture updated on page 2
    Last edited by MGCM; 03-30-2014 at 12:11 AM.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Ill post my base up later. Been on it for a 1.5 years haha. All lvl 8 Walls. Over 105. My clan sucks though. Dont play much more
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by Cueman

I strongly disagree here. It is better to have more weak buildings than less strong buildings, but loot bonuses and handicaps make it harder for you to steal big, and makes you more appealing to raiders.

IE if you, a weak level 10 wants to raid a level 8 guy, you are only able to get half of the loot that someone else level 8 would be able to get when raiding the same guy. Conversely, as a level 10, you are vulnerable to having more stolen from you than you would as a level 8.

I've kept my TH as low as I could along the way, maximize everything else, and prey on guys who IMO upgraded there town halls prematurely.
    Well there has to be a balance. Id say you should have TH 10 if you are level 70+. The loot thing doesnt really affect as much really. Every time I attack I loot 150+ gold as a minimum unless I lose in the attack. So you can still be TH level 10 and attack THs level 8 and 9 and make big money.

The key is the balance and the trophie count as well. If you keep your trophies low you wont get attacked and if your TH is outside, you will have a shield all the time. The last time they stole 100k + of my town was literally around 5-6 weeks. It works lol
    Last edited by georgemagana; 03-28-2014 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Double post

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I just dropped trophies to 1000. To farm for a while. I have 2m of gold and elixer. I need 6 to upgrade my giants. Lvl 10 th everything else is up there.

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

Originally posted by georgemagana

Well there has to be a balance. Id say you should have TH 10 if you are level 70+. The loot thing doesnt really affect as much really. Every time I attack I loot 150+ gold as a minimum unless I lose in the attack. So you can still be TH level 10 and attack THs level 8 and 9 and make big money.
    Well that's about how my raids go, so maybe I don't have a point.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by theken
    I just dropped trophies to 1000. To farm for a while. I have 2m of gold and elixer. I need 6 to upgrade my giants. Lvl 10 th everything else is up there.
    that's what I did, for months I kept my trophies under 400, my TH on the bottom corner with no defense.
    some were more interested on attacking my TH than my resources.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast