Quantcast
"Peace officer" brutality. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Peace officer" brutality.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
    It was an act of domination to ensure submission.
    No, it wasn't. It was a couple peace officers waking up some wino and taking him to Alpha House before he could piss himself on the bus. It happens VERY often in this city and is nothing worth getting your panties in a wad about.

Often times you have to apply the aforementioned temporary painful stimuli for extended periods to rouse people who are really gorked. Waking someone from an inebriated/drugged state isn't like flicking a light-switch, it takes some persistence.

You should have probably pulled the pin on this thread when you very clearly stated you didn't see what was going on, yet you insist on jumping to your uneducated conclusions and dragging this mess out.

My Ride
    Lease

^ then again. What if this was op's personal experience?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

OP is exactly the reason why some of these people whine and scream so much. If they can get one more stupid person on their side by making a needless scene, the better. After all, EVERY SINGLE cop MUST be a meat head and just wants to kick ass.

Maybe in the land of rainbows and unicorns the OP can find solice? The reality of police work delves into areas of humanity most can never even imagine and most will never see for themselves. Thats not to say that blatent brutality is justified - but that people like the subject of complaint on bus - are quite common in police work.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-05-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Originally posted by Benny

Often times you have to apply the aforementioned temporary painful stimuli for extended periods to rouse people who are really gorked. Waking someone from an inebriated/drugged state isn't like flicking a light-switch, it takes some persistence.
    It was very clear early in his scream that he was awoken.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    ^ then again. What if this was op's personal experience?
    Goodness knows I've got experience with being drunk in public, although I never woke up with big men inflicting pain on me.

Usually some shaking or "Hey buddy you ok" sufficed.

Even been arrested twice for being drunk. Both the rent-a-cops and cops involved were professional, and processed me without unnecessary violence.

Thankfully, those years are long passed. Sounds like these are dangerous times.

From everyone's responses here, though, it sounds like no one here gets drunk in public. Probably a good thing, from what I've seen.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Look, I have a lot of experience with waking up super drunk/drugged people. Consider this first hand evidence from someone who does know what they're talking about, and works with law enforcement officers frequently. When you sternal rub someone who is really drunk it will hurt them. They'll often scream or react suddenly, but they're not fully awake. If you were to stop immediately, all they're going to do is roll over and go back unconscious. I routinely sternal rub people for 10 seconds or longer to assess a full response. Failing that, I try one of the numerous other temporary painful stimuli methods to garner a response. Yes it hurts. It hurts like shit! No it doesn't do any long term damage and it isn't done with malicious intent.

Why do you keep going with this bleeding heart 'brutality' bullshit when law enforcement officers and health care workers have all chimed in and said it sounds perfectly normal and that you have no idea what you're talking about?

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

I bet you $100 that you will scream just like him when I give you a sternum rub.

Until you have done their job on a daily basis why are you critizising? You dont know what they deal with regularily. And as YOU stated, when he stood up the pain stopped. Its WAY easier to make a person stand up on thier own then to have to lift 200lbs of dead weight off a bus.

Maybe you should avoid public transit from now on....
    Last edited by DEATH2000; 04-06-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

In the OP's magical fairy world people magically wake up and do what they're asked 100% of the time, regardless of the state they're in.

My Ride
    You Crazy

I'm totally with you dude.

The rest of beyond posting here with their dogma that might is right need a taste of their authoritarian medicine.

Fuck em.

I've seen cops use the ' shield from view technique' one to Manny times to pass off what you saw as 'gee, they were just making sure he was responsive.'

Originally posted by Toma

I've seen cops use the ' shield from view technique' one to Manny times to pass off what you saw as 'gee, they were just making sure he was responsive.'
    Who's Manny?

You and Robin Goodfellow need to go move to Disney Land, sounds like the perfect fit for you guys.

Usually some shaking or "Hey buddy you ok" sufficed.
    You said the bus driver tried this without success so he called the officers.

Officers applied temporary discomfort to remedy the situation, seems completely reasonable to anyone with half a brain.

This "fake outrage" some people in our society feel the need to exhibit is infuriating.

What would the OP have liked the officers to do exactly? Explain in detail, I guarantee those Beyond members with actual experience will explain why it wouldn't work or it would be dangerous for the officers, which really only leaves the action the officers employed.

"I'm fake outraged for the sake of being fake outraged"

My Ride
    2013 Raptor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_stimulus

The 'victim' was in pain for a shorter period of time than those of us reading this thread.
    Last edited by 120Comm; 04-06-2014 at 08:44 AM.

My Ride
    14 Ram 1500

Originally posted by 120Comm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_stimulus

The 'victim' was in pain for a shorter period of time than those of us reading this thread.

My Ride
    AECO

Originally posted by FraserB
    Wonderful, another troll.
    Referring to OP?

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

What would the OP have liked the officers to do exactly?
    What a great question. I would have liked them to escalate gradually, yet promptly.

1) Verbal "Hey buddy"
    2) Vigorous shake.
    3) Sternum rub until away, but not sustained.

(I saw enough to know they weren't doing a sternum rub, however, which requires vigorous motion - It was some other pain compliance move. )

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by stillworking

Referring to OP?
    Yeah, OP.

Not you.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    AECO

Originally posted by stillworking
    From what I've heard, the applying pressure the the thumbnail is a popular technique. Basically digging the end of of a lighter or something into the thumbnail. Get's anybody's attention.
    If you would STOP and think about the sternum rub for a second...In order to administer it, the responder has to be right in close to the unconscious person whose hands would be mostly free to react/combat the first responder. Most first responders, especially police have little interest in getting up close and personal with clients if not necessary. The method which I've ALREADY mentioned is much safer as it can be administered from the standing position, with one hand, and off to the side of the unconscious person.

See link to LAFD training material...
    http://lafdtraining.org/ists/tb059v0802.pdf

From EMS/FIRE I've talked to in Alberta, the preferred method is to actually dig the end of a blunt object directly into the nail bed. (usually the end of a lighter, but anything that will provide leverage into the unconscious persons nailbed) FFS

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Mista Bob

Who's Manny?

You and Robin Goodfellow need to go move to Disney Land, sounds like the perfect fit for you guys.
    I'm a pacifist. If you aren't helping someone with compassion and empathy, you should fuck off instead. He wasn't a danger to anyone, there was zero reason too make your cock feel bigger by causing pain to a helpless person.

Small man mentality ruins this world.

And sternum rub? Hahahaha yeah. OK. Lol

Originally posted by FraserB

Yeah, OP.

Not you.
    Yeah I agree, another troll. How many posts? Joined Beyond when? My guess it's Toma's 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 12th other account.

Also something to note. you are a peace officer entering into an unknown situation that you are well aware could go either way. You use pain stimuli to attain control until you are certain you have control. You don't just release the screaming drunk/high person to 'see what he'll do' because by the time you find out it's too late. The thing about wrist locks, arm locks, pressure points etc is that the pain is very temporary but effective.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast