Quantcast
Is lowering the car just that simple? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Is lowering the car just that simple?

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by ole dsm
    man some of u guys got way tooo much money to poor in the drain!, its comical how much some of u waste!
    3g's for ur suspension on ur accord gimmy a break! by saying "that u did it the right way and thats why it costs so much"
    YOU ARE JUST FOOLING UR SELF! i would have taken ur mechanic out back

about 4 years ago i owned a vw passat syncro g60, i lowered it
    bought all custom made to order shocks from koni (one offs) 280 usd a shock , 960usd in shocks and then i bought some springs H&R at 300usd, here is the trick thow!
    WHEN U REPLACE THE SHOCKS U MUST TAKE OUT THE SPRINGS it the same for every MacPherson strut equipt car
    why would u buy some fancey shocks and not do the springs at the same time is beyond me why pay the same labour twice?.
    also just cuz ur car is an accord it does mean that its harder to lower! it can't be hard its a honda

if it was a rare car like one of 300 vw passat syncro g60's imported into all of north america then it would be a different storey.
    i see better ways to spend 3 g's, if your whole car is done up properly and you have a good reason to spend 3 g's on the suspension then props, but when your stock with rims and you wanna lower your car to basically get the look, stock struts are fine, sure they may not last 10 years, but they do for the time being, if anything wouldn't it be smart to get a spring of coilover that a after market stock could be easily added, don't spend the money untill you ABSOLUTLY need to! I totally agree with Weapon!

just shop around for parts, save your money, and do a full suspension set up after the rest of your car is done, or if your planning on hitting the track tons!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Whatever you do, PLEASE don't cut your springs.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For everyone that thought Enrich paid too much, well, it was a learning experience for him. Started off by going cheap, then realizing in the end it ain't worth it, then repeating the install. I'm sure the next car he lowers, he'll do it all at once and be a lot less labour costs.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    pedals

its not a big deal. 3 large and he is happy with it. Its not that much money. Granted it could have been cheaper but hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20. Basically, lay off the dude. Its not a big deal.

My Ride
    rsx-s

3000 dollars to lower your car "properly", hahaha
    that's awesome, you're awesome

you're funny

My Ride
    02 Accord

Whats so funny bout that, I fail to see the humor... Funny thing is i spend 3 grand on lowering a car, your probably only driving a 3000 dollar car...
    Last edited by EnRich; 03-07-2004 at 04:45 PM.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by EnRich
    Whats so funny bout that, I fail to see the humor... Funny thing is i spend 3 grand on lowering a car, your probably only drive a 3000 dollar car...
    hahahahah ya you busted me!!!!! shit the citry train has to be at least 30,000! hahahah

Whats so funny bout that, I fail to see the humor... Funny thing is i spend 3 grand on lowering a car, your probably only drive a 3000 dollar car...
    LMAO...

sick ride by the way

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

maybe 3000 to lower a benz or a maybach......(dont see wh yyou would lower one anyway)

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I think EnRich has an outstanding setup, and I fail to see why everyone is giving him shit over it? Having it all professionally installed and top quality parts costs money. Looks to me a few people failed to read, that he didn't do it all at once to it cost a fair bit more than if he had it done at the same time. Maybe he overpaid by a couple hundred bucks but who cares? At least its reliable gear and didn't do what most people do on here and either cut the springs or buy some third rate lowering springs on stock shocks.

Congrats on the setup, enjoy.
    Travel

My Ride
    97 Integra

YESSS!!! I LOVE THAT! People who just go off and tell you what they thing would be hot on your car and they are like "that looks good and that doesn't" and yadda yadda yadda... and then you are like ... "what do you drive again... a 1980 domestic piece of trash... thanks for the input though"
    Looking at your car in an impound lot on blocks is JUST NOT COOL

- macdaddy

Way to many jelous haters in this thread, just because you dont have the walet to shell 3g on a great suspention setup, doesnt make him a doofus for having done it. I am willing to bet his car handles in a completly different ballpark then yours, I mean springs and stock shocks, or top notch shocks and springs?

Now thats a tough one

Enrich, your car is pure sex.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by -250-
    Way to many jelous haters in this thread, just because you dont have the walet to shell 3g on a great suspention setup, doesnt make him a doofus for having done it. I am willing to bet his car handles in a completly different ballpark then yours, I mean springs and stock shocks, or top notch shocks and springs?

Now thats a tough one

Enrich, your car is pure sex.
    buddy what the fuck are you talking about, its not that were hating or that alot of us don't have 3g's smart ass, all people were saying was that you can do the same job for cheaper! way cheaper! im sorry if you took this the wrong way!!! car looks good, but im still pretty sure a civic hatch with a moderate suspension would crush a heavy accord in the corners!

thanks buddy for thinking everyone is poor! booo hoo

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by macdaddy

YESSS!!! I LOVE THAT! People who just go off and tell you what they thing would be hot on your car and they are like "that looks good and that doesn't" and yadda yadda yadda... and then you are like ... "what do you drive again... a 1980 domestic piece of trash... thanks for the input though"
    WOA, WOA, WOA...

there is nothing wrong with 80's domestics, some are a great platform to start off with (mine shares the same platform with the daytona, k car, and even the caravan) that means all wheel 11" disc brakes, 1.25" sway bar, upgrade suspension (see next paragraph), etc. will ALL swap over, and i have a VERY stout drivtrain that will handle tonnes of boost, and only costs as much as the wrecker charges if i blow it up.

hell, i spent good cash on my suspension set up (GC coilovers, eibachs, koni's), granted they were used for a few months, but i still got a good deal. plain and simple, you get what you pay for, and i got the best i could for my car, i could have cheaped out and spent half as much and gotten crappy suspension, but why bother? the car will be lower, but handle like shit.

now hopefully this thing will have a chance at solo2 this summer
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Whats the problem with 18's? Perfect size in my opinion...maybe thats just me, ha
    "You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive".

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by carmex
    Whats the problem with 18's? Perfect size in my opinion...maybe thats just me, ha
    Depends on the car but for alot cars 18s are ass for handling
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by carmex
    hm, call me crazy, but smaller rims and tires give u less rotating mass and allow the car to sit lower...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3