Quantcast
Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

wtf...RIP

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Pretty fucking horrifying news to wake up to.

Maybe it's just me, but I think people who see something like this and can only make a tired joke about gun control are lacking something essential... class and empathy come to mind immediately.

heartbreaking 5 young lives, my thoughts to the family and friends.

senseless that is for sure.

Wonder if the suspect was part of the party or some random person.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    How does one person get to five others before someone takes him down. And to kill someone with a knife when they're fighting back is harder than it sounds. Maybe you surprise the first guy but after that, people start fighting back / scattering.
    Typically, my understanding is that police are much more scared of a person with a knife versus a gun when within a 20 foot range. I think that says a lot. It doesn't take much to stabbity stab a whole bunch of holes in someone. And if you try to take down the person, the chances of you getting stabbed goes up a ton!

Originally posted by spike98

Jealous ex stabbing the new guy banging his girl....alcohol fueled anger.

Crazy fuck stabbing and murdering 5 people....he is fucking nuts.

Booze may have been the catalyst but certainly not the cause.
    I've been noticing lately that people seem to be getting worse and worse at recognizing who the true dirt bags are at parties and still allowing them to be there... the whole accept everybody movement is going swell.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Crazy.

This is a good example of why that cunt who stabbed and killed the other guy at a party awhile back and is awaiting sentencing should get convicted as an adult and actually serve a full sentence.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    Pretty fucking horrifying news to wake up to.

Maybe it's just me, but I think people who see something like this and can only make a tired joke about gun control are lacking something essential... class and empathy come to mind immediately.
    Im always curious about this position. If I knew them then i could actually feel empathy, but since it is anonymous people who most of us have never and will never meet, is it possible to actually feel empathy? I know a lot of people like to make themselves feel good, but what does it really do? What is the limit of this empathy? Do you feel it for victims of a stabbing in downtown Compton? or is it geographically limited to Calgary? or Canada? If you feel "horrified" any time crimes like this occur anywhere then you must spend a lot of time horrified. Do you just say things like "RIP" but put zero thought to how things can be used as a step towards evolving our thinking?

This situation provides a perfect platform for a gun control discussion since a lot of anti-gun people are adamant that mass killings will not happen without them, and this shows that it is possible. 2 recent mass kiillings in Alberta that I recall, one done with a guy with a CCP who would have had a gun regardless of any new gun regs, and now one with a knife. If you can't talk about it after something like this then it would be equal to say that mass shootings should not spur gun control debate.

I know one thing for sure - I am so very glad that my two sons who participated in BSD activities over the day and into the early evening called me to be picked up and came home safe and sound.

A number of other parents are certainly not so lucky and I just hope that none of the five that are dead nor the one person in custody are known to my sons - it is anguish that no one needs in their life.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by speedog
    I know one thing for sure - I am so very glad that my two sons who participated in BSD activities over the day and into the early evening called me to be picked up and came home safe and sound.

A number of other parents are certainly not so lucky and I just hope that none of the five that are dead nor the one person in custody are known to my sons - it is anguish that no one needs in their life.
    exactly how I am feeling this morning, my daughter is in University and I am happy her phone was off last night. She called early from school to be picked up and she is warm and cozy in her bed. I am not waking her with the news. There is nothing that can be done other than wait. I don't know about your son, but my daughter has lost more friends in her short life to tragedy than I did at her age. My heart breaks for those families involved.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by speedog
    I am so very glad that my two sons who participated in BSD activities over the day and into the early evening called me to be picked up and came home safe and sound.
    Are your sons 12? After 16, actions = consequences. If I had kids and they were out partying up a storm, deal with the consequences, I ain't coming to get your sorry asses.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Are your sons 12? After 16, actions = consequences. If I had kids and they were out partying up a storm, deal with the consequences, I ain't coming to get your sorry asses.
    Hate to have you as a parent. If your kids were above 16 and they were out drunk and needed a ride you would say too bad? Let them deal with it themselves eh? I think your stance would change as a parent. Most parents would rather pick there kids up at any age then have them take other unsafe measures to get home or whatever.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

How does one person get to five others before someone takes him down. And to kill someone with a knife when they're fighting back is harder than it sounds. Maybe you surprise the first guy but after that, people start fighting back / scattering.
    I cant help but think how this happened too and perhaps they didn't even know it happened. It was late, people were drinking (assuming they participated in bsd) and maybe they were all sleeping when the psycho let loose. Any way, I couldn't picture how horrific those last few minutes were. RIP.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Hearing this news this morning made me sick to my stomach. Just another fine example of how messed up this world is and is becoming.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by euro_racer
    <snip>
    Makes sense. Would be pretty hard to get stabbed to death by a chinese cleaver
    I've been noticing lately that people seem to be getting worse and worse at recognizing who the true dirt bags are at parties and still allowing them to be there... the whole accept everybody movement is going swell.
    because they're friends with xx who's friends with xx who's cousin is xx and you don't realize you know NOTHING about this person.

Nice.

In my world, a kid turning 16 doesn't necessarily mean absolving myself of all parental responsibilities and besides that, they've given Mom and Dad a ride in the past as well - not a bad trade-off in my books.

That said, it appears that it's gonna be tough love for your kids, if and when you have them. Good luck on that.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by GTS4tw
    Im always curious about this position. If I knew them then i could actually feel empathy, but since it is anonymous people who most of us have never and will never meet, is it possible to actually feel empathy? I know a lot of people like to make themselves feel good, but what does it really do? What is the limit of this empathy? Do you feel it for victims of a stabbing in downtown Compton? or is it geographically limited to Calgary? or Canada? If you feel &quot;horrified&quot; any time crimes like this occur anywhere then you must spend a lot of time horrified. Do you just say things like &quot;RIP&quot; but put zero thought to how things can be used as a step towards evolving our thinking?
    I can only cry over people's dead body's so many times a day...Isn't there somone on this earth dying every second?

Until it hits home, how much empathy are you expecting from me.
    I live in my bubble, and even if you're in my bubble, I may not necessary feel empathy for you. Srry dude

So your kid calls asking for a ride because he has more sense than getting into the POS car that his drunk-ass-almost-passed-out friend is driving and you're going to tell him to get in that car...
    Last edited by jwslam; 04-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Im always curious about this position. If I knew them then i could actually feel empathy, but since it is anonymous people who most of us have never and will never meet, is it possible to actually feel empathy? I know a lot of people like to make themselves feel good, but what does it really do? What is the limit of this empathy? Do you feel it for victims of a stabbing in downtown Compton? or is it geographically limited to Calgary? or Canada? If you feel &quot;horrified&quot; any time crimes like this occur anywhere then you must spend a lot of time horrified. Do you just say things like &quot;RIP&quot; but put zero thought to how things can be used as a step towards evolving our thinking?

This situation provides a perfect platform for a gun control discussion since a lot of anti-gun people are adamant that mass killings will not happen without them, and this shows that it is possible. 2 recent mass kiillings in Alberta that I recall, one done with a guy with a CCP who would have had a gun regardless of any new gun regs, and now one with a knife. If you can't talk about it after something like this then it would be equal to say that mass shootings should not spur gun control debate.

First off my condolences to all their families and friends.

I'm by no means a expert on this but lack of empathy is usually associated with a mental disorder called sociopathy. Although I didn't know any of these kids involved I feel a sense of sadness for the victims and their families and friends. This sick and twisted event will change a lot of peoples lives forever, and not in a good way.

As already mentioned alcohol/drugs were probably involved, it takes a very disturbed person to go on a rage filled stabbing spree. Although I'm shocked and deeply saddened, I've been around long enough to know that its not the last time something of this nature is going to happen. Its one reason as you get older you become more particular about who you hang out with and situations you put yourself in. Even reading some of the comments on this site its like ,wow, this person is just messed up ( no offence GTS… ). I've often read replies here on Beyond and wonder what the hell happened to this posters life to make them so jaded, angry, hate filled? Is it lack of good parenting ? Is it even environmental or biological? Maybe their brain is just wired all fucked up from birth? In this day and age its become too easy for the mentally sick to fall between the cracks. We all find it easier to just look away or take no action. Like just walking by a homeless person looking for a handout that just gets ignored day after day.

Sure we'll learn a lot more in the coming day/months. Again, my condolences to their family and friends.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I understand what you're saying, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Until the point of being an adult, if my son needs me I'll be there for him. Far better than him getting in a car with a drunk driver or even using public transit while shitfaced.

I agree that kids need to learn consequences for their actions, but it is still a parent's responsibility to keep your children safe from realistic harm.

My guess is people try to intervening and adrenaline/alcohol fueling people not knowing they are getting stabbed maybe? Crowded house party and a fight erupts, friends are swinging for friends not noticing the knife that's shanking the closest 5 people.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by blueToy

First off my condolences to all their families and friends.

I'm by no means a expert on this but lack of empathy is usually associated with a mental disorder called sociopathy. Although I didn't know any of these kids involved I feel a sense of sadness for the victims and their families and friends. This sick and twisted event will change a lot of peoples lives forever, and not in a good way.

As already mentioned alcohol/drugs were probably involved, it takes a very disturbed person to go on a rage filled stabbing spree. Although I'm shocked and deeply saddened, I've been around long enough to know that its not the last time something of this nature is going to happen. Its one reason as you get older you become more particular about who you hang out with and situations you put yourself in. Even reading some of the comments on this site its like ,wow, this person is just messed up ( no offence GTS… ). I've often read replies here on Beyond and wonder what the hell happened to this posters life to make them so jaded, angry, hate filled? Is it lack of good parenting ? Is it even environmental or biological? Maybe their brain is just wired all fucked up from birth? In this day and age its become too easy for the mentally sick to fall between the cracks. We all find it easier to just look away or take no action. Like just walking by a homeless person looking for a handout that just gets ignored day after day.

Sure we'll learn a lot more in the coming day/months. Again, my condolences to their family and friends.

I don't think you really read my comment. I specifically stated when I believed people actually had empathy and when I feel they are putting on a show to fit in. I take it to assume from your reply that you feel empathy for these people 24 hours a day, and that must be extremely tiring. I reserve those kind of feelings for those who affect, as another poster called it, my bubble.

However, you are not the first on here in the last couple weeks to call me a sociopath, so maybe Toma is on to something after all.

My Ride

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Crazy.

This is a good example of why that cunt who stabbed and killed the other guy at a party awhile back and is awaiting sentencing should get convicted as an adult and actually serve a full sentence.
    Agreed. A family member of my boyfriend was a victim in last year's incident. They are still dealing with all the court bull shit, and it takes a HUGE toll on the family (not to mention is extremely expensive). My heart goes out the the families of the victims.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast