Quantcast
Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary. - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Milk2%
    Capital Punishment is fair and should always be an option with a crime of this magnitude (i wish it was). You think there would be this many serious crimes if the guilty got displayed to dry for the public to view? Of course not in Canada but it only takes common sense to realize the drastic effect Capital Punishment would do to a community.

You think little johnny would steal after seeing his father lose his hand for stealing. Same goes for major crimes, taking someones life is disgusting, but doing it with a knife and to multiple parties. Who gives a fuck about this guy feed him to the dogs, who cares he got into law, who cares his dad works for the cops.

RedX is on the money this guys gonna pull some bullshit in court and never NEVER get the justice he deserves.
    What drastic effect does capital punishment have on crime prevention? These things are way more common in the USA as is violent crime, and they have capital punishment... Find me a statistic that says capital punishment has any impact on violent crime rate... I'm not entirely against capital punishment, but I greatly doubt it has any impact on violent crime rate.

As for this case, we don't even know for sure what this guy did or didn't do yet. Should probably wait and see what the evidence actually is before deciding to hang him.

double post

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

looks like they identified some of the victims.

Friends have identified two of the victims of a quintuple fatal stabbing early Tuesday in northwest Calgary.

Zackariah Rathwell and Josh Hunter, both members of the band Zackariah & the The Prophets, died of stab wounds inflicted during a house party early Tuesday.

“All I want to say is they were my little brothers and I love them so much and I’ll never be the same without them,” said Kyle Tenove, who played in the band as well. “They were the best guys I’ve ever met and legendary musicians.”

Reached at their home in Priddis Tuesday afternoon, the Hunter family declined to speak publicly about Josh.

“Nothing to say right now,” a woman who identified herself as Kelly Hunter said.

The son of a senior Calgary police officer is in custody in connection with the stabbing deaths. The after-party followed a day of festivities celebrating the end of the winter semester at the University of Calgary.
    http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/100...y-mass-murder/

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    Modded junk

Can someone keep this Milk retard from posting here? He's going to turn it into a capital punishment mess with zero bearing on the situation.

My Ride
    Hondas

Last edited by speeed; 04-15-2014 at 04:31 PM.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by Feruk

What drastic effect does capital punishment have on crime prevention? These things are way more common in the USA as is violent crime, and they have capital punishment... Find me a statistic that says capital punishment has any impact on violent crime rate... I'm not entirely against capital punishment, but I greatly doubt it has any impact on violent crime rate.

As for this case, we don't even know for sure what this guy did or didn't do yet. Should probably wait and see what the evidence actually is before deciding to hang him.
    Never will find a study or research relating to this, as the new way replaced the old. The imagination is the reality of Capital Punishment (no existent) its a pipe dream.
    Kids nowadays don't see repercussions till its TO late

I just think the legal system is way to soft. Put him behind bar let him enjoy meals friends family new friends, he'll have a life again back behind bars. Still doesn't account for the ones missing.

Its an intimidation factor for people that need to realize life is SERIOUS

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by whiteout
    Can someone keep this Milk retard from posting here? He's going to turn it into a capital punishment mess with zero bearing on the situation.
    Is this not a forum for one's opinion.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Then go make a new thread where you can push archaric and ineffective punishments. Don't tard this thread up.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:36 PM.

My Ride
    Mercedes CLS 2009

This event is incredibly tragic and uncalled for. I pray that none of my friends were involved with the incident. Having lived in Brentwood for years, I consider the community relatively safe.

I was also at BSD and attended a different house party in Brentwood during the time of the stabbing.
    My sincerest condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by D. Dub

Schizophrenics rarely graduate university or get into law school though.
    It usually manifests around 16-30 years of age so its very possible. Onset while in university is quite common. But people with Schizophrenia are usually not violent and are more likely to commit suicide (10% of males with it do).

But hard to say anything at this point. Who knows.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by FraserB
    Then go make a new thread where you can push archaric and ineffective punishments. Don't tard this thread up.
    3 post, one on my opinion the next 2 were relating to a reply. Dunno how its getting out of context. That time of the month?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Yeah, just read that two members of a popular local band died in the incident. Also curious about the "object" he brought with him.
    He worked in a grocery store. I'm guessing box cutter?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Wow just heard about this..

Soo completely fucked up

RIP to the 5 murdered
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Originally posted by Feruk

It doesn't actually, literature and research for the past few decades have shown that capital punishment has had no effect on crime prevention. In fact of the few countries that still practice it (although differing from state to state) such as the United States, they have the largest per capita prison population.

People who like to promote such methods do such based on ideology, while not only lacking evidence to support such methods, but are surrounded by evidence to support just the opposite.

(As a side note, I am a graduate student specializing in criminology and currently taking a course on punishment)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by gatorade

It doesn't actually, literature and research for the past few decades have shown that capital punishment has had no effect on crime prevention. In fact of the few countries that still practice it (although differing from state to state) such as the United States, they have the largest per capita prison population.

People who like to promote such methods do such based on ideology, while not only lacking evidence to support such methods, but are surrounded by evidence to support just the opposite.

(As a side note, I am a graduate student specializing in criminology and currently taking a course on punishment)
    Of course! I'm not saying an implementation should be stated, with crimes of this severity one shouldn't sit in a cell for punishment why even give them the day of light? One can look at piles of evidence showing yes in fact it doesn't work, it ends up costing the tax payers more money then pushing life without parole. The objective behind the capital punishment is a life shouldn't seize to exist after a crime of this magnitude.

My Ride
    X6, E55

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I'm thinking a bigger object like a kitchen knife in order to fatally injure 5 people so quickly.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Nels

I'm thinking a bigger object like a kitchen knife in order to fatally injure 5 people so quickly.
    CPS said he brought a weapon with him, but used a kitchen knife from the house.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

One of the articles I read stated that the knife used in the stabbing was from the home, it didn't come with the offender.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast