Quantcast
Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary. - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    The produce clerks use some seriously large & sharp knives to go about their duties in the department... and I would assume that's what was brought along to the party... though the police chief has said it was not used in the killings.
    Or it could've simply been a boxcutter.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by masoncgy
    The produce clerks use some seriously large & sharp knives to go about their duties in the department... and I would assume that's what was brought along to the party... though the police chief has said it was not used in the killings.
    I thought Rick Hanson said in the briefing last night that it was a kitchen knife from within the house although he did bring something with him but that wasn't the weapon used.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by finboy
    Any intelligent person will be able to understand that being a fan of metal does not make you to on killing sprees, it just means you have bad taste in music.
    I've highlighted the problem in bold... It's the unintelligent masses that need to be worried about lol.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

So De Grood been charged with 5 counts of first degree murder. What are the chances you think his defence lawyer will try to plea physiological disorder or insanity to get out of a jail sentence?

Originally posted by parapara_vince
    So De Grood been charged with 5 counts of first degree murder. What are the chances you think his defence lawyer will try to plea physiological disorder or insanity to get out of a jail sentence?
    There is a very good chance that he will plea insanity. Look at the Psycho who cut the head off that kid at a Grey Hound bus in Alberta. Isn't he out and about?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by n1zm0

I thought Rick Hanson said in the briefing last night that it was a kitchen knife from within the house although he did bring something with him but that wasn't the weapon used.
    That will make a difference between first and second degree during trial, won't it?

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by Toma

That will make a difference between first and second degree during trial, won't it?
    Correct, but should still stand on 1st degree due to multiple murders.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by ICEBERG

There is a very good chance that he will plea insanity. Look at the Psycho who cut the head off that kid at a Grey Hound bus in Alberta. Isn't he out and about?
    This is why they have psychiatric assessments before the trial begins. The reports that the psychiatrist presented to the court in that case were enough for the judge to find Li not criminally responsible and send him to a mental health facility. He's getting short day passes now because the doctors responsible for his treatment feel that he is responding well enough to treatment to have them.

If the psychiatric reports in the Calgary case don't support a plea of not criminally responsible, then the defense most likely use it. They have to show that the accused was suffering from a disease of the mind at the time of the act AND that they either did not know the act was wrong or that they could not appreciated the nature of the act.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by Toma

He went with a weapon he knew his agenda.
    First Degree.

Originally posted by ICEBERG

yes out and about, Li was granted unsupervised outings

Originally posted by finboy
    Any intelligent person will be able to understand that being a fan of metal does not make you go on killing sprees
    Society, media, politicians have all visited this crap before, in the 70s, again in the 80s.
    Same for dungeons & dragons, and video games, and....

And I think it's safe to say it's been disproven again and again.

My Ride
    Mom-van

That 15 year old who stabbed 4 people in Regina got charged with AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. Are you fkn kidding me? He stabbed someone in the neck!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Exploded.

Holy shit; a friend of mine knew one the victims and partied with him on BSD that day.

Originally posted by Inzane

Society, media, politicians have all visited this crap before, in the 70s, again in the 80s.
    Same for dungeons & dragons, and video games, and....

And I think it's safe to say it's been disproven again and again.
    That is a really strong statement. The research is mixed.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I worked with Josh Hunter's sister last year... so sad. I didn't think I'd know anyone involved given the ages. Really looking for more information at this point. WHY. This is just heart breaking.
    ~*Leah*~

JUST A FYI

Vigil to be held in Main Mall in Memory of Zackariah Rathwell

Calgary, AB. - At 1:00PM on Wednesday, April 16 the Alberta College of Art + Design will be holding a vigil in the memory of our student Zackariah Rathwell.

Dr. Daniel Doz, President and CEO of ACAD along with representatives of the students association and faculty will address members of the College community.

There will be a wall on site set-up specifically for friends and instructors of Zackariah to express their thoughts and condolences.

Trauma counselors will be at ACAD all day to ensure that our students and faculty will have the assistance they need during this challenging time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...612078?cmp=rss

Calgary stabbings suspect, could face psychological tests... no surprise. It will be his best defence.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    That isn't how it works, I believe 1st degree requires premeditation. He didn't use a weapon that he brought, and there doesn't seem to be anything at this time which shows that he intended to do this when he went over there after work... maybe that will change, but I doubt it.

This guy will face 2nd degree charges, however no doubt they will be downgraded to man slaughter once the court decides he is a victim of his own mind and therefore not criminally responsible… our legal system is useless. He will get a slap on the wrist compared to the what the families will endure in the end.
    He has been charged with 5 counts of 1st degree...

In the worst mass killing in Calgary’s history, five young adults were stabbed to death during a Brentwood house party.

The accused, the son of a senior Calgary Police Service officer still in hospital as of Tuesday night over concerns of his mental state, has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder.

“The scene was horrific,” said a visibly shaken police chief Rick Hanson at a press conference, adding each victim was stabbed several times.

The killings happened at a house party celebrating Bermuda Shorts Day at the University of Calgary, and the accused in custody is the son of a senior police officer, Insp. Doug de Grood, a 33-year veteran.

The accused is 23-year-old Matt de Grood.

just because you get charged doesnt mean you will be convicted though.

like SugarPhreak said, he might be downgraded to manslaughter at the end

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast