Quantcast
Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Five people have been killed after a stabbing at a house party in N.W. Calgary.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Being and served in the military knife is the best weapon of choice.
    Shots fired people run.. a stabbing people go wtf is happening and stay around.
    And I agree no use for a point.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Originally posted by Dren
    Bad day overall in Canada..

in Regina... 4 people got stabbed at a mall :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...tody-1.2611657
    that sounds like something straight out of the following tv series

My Ride
    Lexus IS

Is it me, or does the press seem to be linking his behaviour with his last FB post, which has to do with a Megadeth song?

WTF yO?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...pect-1.2611389

I hope they don't blame Metal on this one.

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Maybe I am missing something, but does this mean anyone can postpone their exams? Why is that so?

Taken from uofc's website.

5. April 15, 2014 — 5:33 p.m. Final exam options
    In light of the tragedy that has impacted the University of Calgary family, three options are being provided for students who are not able to write during their originally scheduled exam time:

a) Use the regular deferral dates: Wednesday, May 14–Friday, May 16
    b) Use the alternate exam period which will be Wednesday, April 30–Saturday, May 3
    c) Use an extended deferral date, Monday, June 23–Wednesday, June 25

If none of the options mentioned above are applicable, students will be assisted on an individual basis.

The procedure to request an exam deferral has been simplified and will be coordinated through Enrolment Services. Enrolment Services will also provide extended hours on April 16–17 and from April 21–25, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist students with deferral requests and exam related questions (MacKimmie Block 117) or via email at [email protected]. Students may also call (403) 210-7625.
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by khanan
    Maybe I am missing something, but does this mean anyone can postpone their exams? Why is that so?

It sounds like it? If so that's total bullshit.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by randedge
    Is it me, or does the press seem to be linking his behaviour with his last FB post, which has to do with a Megadeth song?

WTF yO?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...pect-1.2611389

I hope they don't blame Metal on this one.
    Any intelligent person will be able to understand that being a fan of metal does not make you to on killing sprees, it just means you have bad taste in music.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by M.alex

It sounds like it? If so that's total bullshit.
    I have no clue who the victims were, but this has been running through my head all day. I can imagine some people would need time to think this through before moving ahead with exams...

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Yeah I don't actually know any of the victims (as far as I know) but still a real mind shaker
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

From what the police chief said on the news, it seems like they have this one in the bag to to get a conviction and nothing that occurred at the home is being released yet for evidence.

Overall this seems like a very random case. I'm very curious to know exactly what happened in the home that lead to this. Incredible sad, all the families are going through their own hell
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by khanan

That is what it means. I don't see why not? Lots of people are shaken up. I didn't know any of the victims or anyone at the party but even I could attribute my shitty mood today to the events of last night. I work a suicide hotline so I'd say I'm used to dealing with heavy stuff and not really getting fazed by it but this is something different. A lot closer to home for me. A lot of others actually went to school with these people, they'll definitely need time to deal with this.

Originally posted by M.alex
    If so that's total bullshit.
    Is it really? If anyone has any issues stemming from the incident it's better they get that dealt with before exams, no? I know it seems like the situation is made to take advantage of but it's hard to explain. The mood around campus was miserable today and this was all anyone was talking about. And I doubt the majority of people would defer their exams just because they can. Finals are coming up but today nobody felt like studying because we were just sad. I'd say the U of C is doing a good job of dealing with the situation.

Maybe it's just the result of a Napoleon Complex but you're coming off more ignorant than usual. These 5 were part of our community which is a lot different than turning on the news and hearing about 5 unnamed individuals dying in a bombing halfway around the world. And unlike those 5 people in the news, these 5 were siblings, children, friends, classmates, etc. to people at U of C, they actually had a connection here and they were actually personally cared about (this might be an alien concept to you but please bear with me). Yes, some (or maybe even most) students may not have any direct connection to the events that happened but it doesn't mean they won't or shouldn't be affected and the opposite should be expected. In that case, calling the option to defer exams to cope with what happened "bullshit" is pretty short-sighted.
    Last edited by xnvy; 04-16-2014 at 01:27 AM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by msommers
    Overall this seems like a very random case.
    I totally disagree and I'd like to know what your definition is of random if you think bringing a weapon to a party, entering an immediately start murdering people is random.
    This is totally deliberate and the kid was in a sober (alcohol free) state of mind, he was even sane enough to flee and attempt to escape.
    It (seems to be) planned and carried out as planned.

I'd really love to know what is random about this.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 04-16-2014 at 06:52 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 03:31 PM.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I believe the girl was the trigger,and mental imbalance was the fuel,and the spark from her new boyfriend.Speculation of course.
    The rest was collateral damage.
    Curious to see if she had a boyfriend and he was in the band.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by cancer man
    I believe the girl was the trigger,and mental imbalance was the fuel,and the spark from her new boyfriend.Speculation of course.
    What? are you just completely making up a backstory, Sherlock?
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by cancer man
    Spark and trigger are the same thing. I think you mean the new boyfriend was the catalyst.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Modelexis
    I totally disagree and I'd like to know what your definition is of random if you think bringing a weapon to a party
    Who said he brought a weapon? Police chief just said it was an "object." Since he worked at a grocery store, I interpret it as a baguette.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Plan? Guy clearly didn't have a clear plan, you don't go to kill a bunch of people with no weapon, and you don't plan such a thing without an escape.
    From the news sources I've read he did enter with a weapon.
    Even if he didn't enter with a weapon there are benefits to using a knife already on location rather than show up with a knife in your hand.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My brother worked with Matt De Grood at Crowfoot Safeway right up until Monday night in the produce department and outside of him having the normal discussions about being a student/living at home and the challenges that come along with it at that age, he was a pretty normal kid. They worked together for about a year.

I didn't realize any of this until I spoke with my brother yesterday, of course, he's pretty messed knowing that one of his co-workers ended up going crazy and killing a bunch of people.

Really freaky when it hits that close to home.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Strange point to argue on M-man. The definition of Random is; lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern

Plan? Guy clearly didn't have a clear plan, you don't go to kill a bunch of people with no weapon, and you don't plan such a thing without an escape.

Purpose? Doesn't seem to be a clear motive, I'd say no to this as well.

Pattern? A law school student with no prior criminal record.... I don't see any pattern here at all.

I agree with msommers, by defintion this seems like a totally random incident
    News stories were reporting that he was targeting the victims one by one.

The definition seems to be plan/purpose/pattern (or to put it another way aim/reason/pattern)

He had a plan, he had a reason(what the reason is we won't know for a while), the only thing that is random about this is the fact that he is a first time offender.
    The murders were carried out in a pattern, two of the victims were members of the same band.

The location, the weapon and the victims were all planned (it seems)

Originally posted by Modelexis

From the news sources I've read he did enter with a weapon.
    Even if he didn't enter with a weapon there are benefits to using a knife already on location rather than show up with a knife in your hand.
    The produce clerks use some seriously large & sharp knives to go about their duties in the department... and I would assume that's what was brought along to the party... though the police chief has said it was not used in the killings.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast