Quantcast
Help re: negotiating for new MB C300 4MATIC. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help re: negotiating for new MB C300 4MATIC.

My Ride
    Sloww

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Riiiiight
    idk.. most Asian parents nowadays wants their children to flaunt and shit so people don't look down on them

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by Blue

idk.. most Asian parents nowadays wants their children to flaunt and shit so people don't look down on them
    Is that why your parents bought you an m3?

I was hoping for "my friend got his/hers for $xx, contact [dealer] at [dealership]," or, "you can normally expect $xx discount for cash purchases and this is what you need to check for" type of comments but this works too lol. I still learned a lot, including the whole 2014/2015 difference and the haggle reports

For those who are confused/curious,etc:

1. My (Asian) parents are really... interesting. I don't actually listen to them on a lot of things, but as I don't have a real preference, this is me "respecting" their wishes for once. My mom's claim on how I won't be able to get to places without GPS or how I can't park safely without a rear-view camera (which would cost me $2,200 extra) is a whole another story.

2. I learned to drive in a sedan and I am mentally scared of larger cars such as SUVs. I don't think there's anything wrong with my driving skills but my parents would also like to maximize my chance of survival if myself or others should make mistakes on the road (I had to take over 50 hours of driving lessons before they finally let me drive their cars. Again, another story). It's usually the more expensive makes that have AWD on smaller sedans and my parents believe more expensive cars should be safer. My friends or co-workers all have more expensive cars so it's really not about showing off or anything like that.

3. Honestly, I am not trying to say I'm not spoiled by saying I am the one buying the car. I had all my degrees paid for by my parents, and this is probably why I can afford a MB without financing. I was merely trying to say that this is why learning about deals and pricing was important to me. If I couldn't afford the car myself, or insisted on leasing/financing, my dad would have bought me the C350. It's just that I am finally out of the whole "give me back my credit card if you won't ____" phase in life (as I have a job!) so, I am trying not to enter a new "I paid for your car, so you must ____" phase.

I really should be sleeping right now lol... Despite my complaints about my parents, I actually do like the C300 and I am actually really excited about it. I am sure those in Calgary would understand the pain of waiting for buses in the snow storm, or those days having your hands full in crowded buses. I've just been in denial to avoid thinking about what it means to own a car.

My Ride
    This and that.

I've owned a 2009 C350 and it's a great car for what it is. I've also had a brand new C350 as a loaner for about a week when I was getting my C63 and again it's a very capable car. As far as the 'security' features are concerned that you mention, C300 or C350 are going to be more or less the same. So you need to figure out if you need the extra power of the C350 for the extra money.

I recommend you test drive them both and see what tickles your fancy more. At the end of the day it is your choice as you will have to live with whatever you get for a while, so be sure that you make the right decision.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Sorry if this comes off as a generalization or a bit racist,

But why do a large portion of Asians feel obligated to do everything their parents tell them?
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by gpomp
    SHOTS FIRED

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    Sorry if this comes off as a generalization or a bit racist,

But why do a large portion of Asians feel obligated to do everything their parents tell them?
    Because somebody is gonna get a hurt, somebody! White people won't understand. You guys call your parents by their first names lol.

McLaren has good ground clearance for concrete curb, asian girl can handle it no problem, we have proof.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You can get all the haggle reports or whatever, it's not going to help you in Alberta. I've bought 5 MB's in the last 4 years (your parents would LOVE me!) so I'm a really good customer at the local dealer. I'll be lucky to get a $500 discount on that car right now. The MB market in Calgary is ridiculous, cars move without discount, so the dealers will not move on price, especially on a lowly $40k car.

If you want to get a discount, you have 2 choices. Wait till August or September when factory incentives come down for 2014 models which gets passed on as discounts, or call up a dealer where the MB market is soft (Regina or Winnipeg), or a dealer where they're huge volumes (Ontario) and buy remotely. The discount you save would probably cancel out the additional transport fees, unless you can get a ride there and drive it back yourself.

BTW - looking at a discount is the wrong way to look at this purchase. Go for a finance, it's free money at 0.9% rates on 2014 C Classes right now. Budget ballers, that rate applies to the C63 as well haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by leahjd

3. Honestly, I am not trying to say I'm not spoiled by saying I am the one buying the car. I had all my degrees paid for by my parents, and this is probably why I can afford a MB without financing. I was merely trying to say that this is why learning about deals and pricing was important to me. If I couldn't afford the car myself, or insisted on leasing/financing, my dad would have bought me the C350. It's just that I am finally out of the whole "give me back my credit card if you won't ____" phase in life (as I have a job!) so, I am trying not to enter a new "I paid for your car, so you must ____" phase.
    That's fair.

The current C300 is a great car. My parents keep one in California where they spend the winters. It's comfortable, gets pretty good mileage, does just fine on the freeways power wise. It doesn't sound like you're someone who needs the latest and greatest so I'm not sure waiting for the 2015's is all that important given the increased cost once they arrive, especially if a reasonable deal can be made on a 2014.

The 4matic is nice. I have a much older 4matic C-Class (2005) I use as a winter beater, and with a set of good winter tires I have zero issues in everything aside from an Armageddon snow storm.

Originally posted by rage2
    BTW - looking at a discount is the wrong way to look at this purchase. Go for a finance, it's free money at 0.9% rates on 2014 C Classes right now. Budget ballers, that rate applies to the C63 as well haha.
    This.

Even with incredibly conservative investment the interest on that $40k will be more than what you pay in interest to finance the car. I didn't realize MB was offering that rate, I might go have a chat with someone.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 04-24-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    C350 4matic

I bought my C350 4matic in April of 2012. They had a few promo's at the time, but in the end I was able to get $3350 off the total price, few hundred off on the paper work side(security etch, documentation fee, etc.) with 0.9% finance and first 3 payments free ($1950).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    I didn't realize MB was offering that rate, I might go have a chat with someone.
    If you're an existing MB finance customer, you also get a 0.5% loyalty discount haha.
    Originally posted by little_wan
    I bought my C350 4matic in April of 2012. They had a few promo's at the time, but in the end I was able to get $3350 off the total price, few hundred off on the paper work side(security etch, documentation fee, etc.) with 0.9% finance and first 3 payments free ($1950).
    I picked up my C63 Black Series around the same time and the factory incentives was insane that spring. My sales rep was able to get me 0.9% financing - 0.5% loyalty discount (0.4% final rate), plus 3 payments off lol.

No discount on the car at all though, MB frowns upon discounts for limited edition cars.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by rage2

I picked up my C63 Black Series around the same time and the factory incentives was insane that spring. My sales rep was able to get me 0.9% financing - 0.5% loyalty discount (0.4% final rate), plus 3 payments off lol.

No discount on the car at all though, MB frowns upon discounts for limited edition cars.
    The 0.5% loyalty discount is not set in stone. Sometimes there is even more room.

0.4% financing is like free money. The more you borrow, the more you save. haha. You're richer than you think!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

What is the minimum finance term for the 3 months waived incentive?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Disoblige
    What is the minimum finance term for the 3 months waived incentive?
    36 months. The promo is available right now for Certified Pre Owned models 2010-2012. Capped at $500/month.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...al_offers.html

My Ride
    This and that.

I didn't know about the loyalty discount. Still hate the salesman for not telling me to this day. I am locked in with a 0.9% or 1.9%. I have no idea which one it is but it's still pretty good I guess. The rate made me not purchase the vehicle outright. Like stated, it's basically free money.

My Ride
    Sloww

Originally posted by gpomp
    lol funny guy. Even if my parents did buy me the M3 why you so envious?

But I did use my mom to cosign it and I am paying for it monthly

My Ride
    Silverado

With your allowance?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Blue

lol funny guy. Even if my parents did buy me the M3 why you so envious?

But I did use my mom to cosign it and I am paying for it monthly
    How do you have an X5 and still have to get a co-signer for a used car?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Sloww

Originally posted by FraserB

How do you have an X5 and still have to get a co-signer for a used car?
    well first.. the x5 was my parents and they gave me it for my first car.
    4 years after I got the m3 with the help of my mom co sign

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast