Quantcast
E90 M3 Vs F80 M3 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: E90 M3 Vs F80 M3

My Ride
    E90 M3

Stock for stock, the C63 definitely sounds better. For some dumb reason, BMW seems to try and make their cars quieter through retarded exhaust designs. They could have easily made the E9X M3 sound much better but they didn't. I own an E90 M3 and even I roll down the window when I see a C63 or RS4 next to me. They do really sound that much better.

EDIT: To answer the OP's question, in my opinion, it's a vast improvement in every single way to the E90 - lighter, more nimble, better on fuel, better interior, better looks, almost everything. Even the electric steering was benchmarked against Porsche to make sure it's better.

However, I don't like the mic in the engine bay though, that's ridiculous. I also prefer an NA engine and it's pretty hard to find an affordable NA car with this kind of power without going American these days.
    Last edited by 2m0a0x2; 04-27-2014 at 11:15 AM.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by 2m0a0x2
    Stock for stock, the C63 definitely sounds better. For some dumb reason, BMW seems to try and make their cars quieter through retarded exhaust designs. They could have easily made the E9X M3 sound much better but they didn't. I own an E90 M3 and even I roll down the window when I see a C63 or RS4 next to me. They do really sound that much better.

EDIT: To answer the OP's question, in my opinion, it's a vast improvement in every single way to the E90 - lighter, more nimble, better on fuel, better interior, better looks, almost everything. Even the electric steering was benchmarked against Porsche to make sure it's better.

However, I don't like the mic in the engine bay though, that's ridiculous. I also prefer an NA engine and it's pretty hard to find an affordable NA car with this kind of power without going American these days.
    BMW uses a Helmholtz Chamber - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmholtz_resonance - for the S65 to reduce resonance (the bad kind). For those buying a high end sports car they don't want drone while driving 90% of the time. Simply replace the silencer on your car or google "OEM Exhaust Mod" for the E90/E92"

Originally posted by benyl
    We should have a meeting of the V8s and have a sound off. We can get some randoms to be the judges.

Need at least one red neck and one Ferrari/Lambo owner and someone else to be the tie breaker. Haha
    I'll bring mine out

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by benyl
    We should have a meeting of the V8s and have a sound off. We can get some randoms to be the judges.

Need at least one red neck and one Ferrari/Lambo owner and someone else to be the tie breaker. Haha
    You know this would be pretty epic.. Gathering all the Beyond Civics and having them all rev at the same time? I have a digital decibel meter I can bring. I think you might actually "beyond" to something.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    This and that.

I am in....as long as it's a weekend that I can be in Calgary!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3