Quantcast
E90 M3 Vs F80 M3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: E90 M3 Vs F80 M3

Default E90 M3 Vs F80 M3

Somebody over at m3post posted a really nice comparison between the F80 M3 and the E90 M3.

I personally have an E92 M3 and I do not plan on upgrading to an F82 M4 but it does look quite impressive and sounds a lot better than anticipated.

Cheers.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=976284

My Ride
    2013 BMW 335i

Default Re: E90 M3 Vs F80 M3

Originally posted by AudiPWR
    Somebody over at m3post posted a really nice comparison between the F80 M3 and the E90 M3.

I personally have an E92 M3 and I do not plan on upgrading to an F82 M4 but it does look quite impressive and sounds a lot better than anticipated.

Cheers.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=976284
    werd, I had the option of waiting for the F80 when my 335i was totaled or getting behind a e92 m3 at an almost fire sale price. In the end I chose the e92 M3 as it has that nice v8 growl, and not to mention it's the first and potentially last v8 m3 with the way things are going.

That being said, I do believe the e92 is a more analog car in comparison with the F80 in the sense of driver aids etc. I've personally never driven an F80 but I imagine the driving dynamics on that car would be "softer" than the current e92.. that or i'm just biased

My Ride
    W204

I really love the new interior and the C63 style 1 piece seats. The white/red combo is pretty killer. Not entirely convinced of the exterior though.. It looks mean and aggressive but it isn't 'pretty' like the E90 is. Especially the front bumper, which I feel is just too busy. It's like the E90 is the really hot chick who looks awesome without makeup, while new one is the so-so chick who needs a ton of make up to make her look good.

Otherwise seems like a solid car but to me, but at the end of the day, the E90 sedan with it's NA V8 and coupe face would be my choice.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The F80 M3's sound like shit. They were revving it when introducing it in Detroit and it sounded like ass.

Analog cars doesn't exist anymore. I wouldn't call a E9x analog by any stretch.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by rage2
    The F80 M3's sound like shit. They were revving it when introducing it in Detroit and it sounded like ass.

Analog cars doesn't exist anymore. I wouldn't call a E9x analog by any stretch.
    Haha this is true.. Even after disabling all nannies AND assuming your car is 6MT, you still have ABS and throttle-by-wire, among whatever else.

I'll assume that the new M3 sounds better INSIDE the cabin with the engine note blaring in the speakers LOL.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    This and that.

M3's have always been one of my favorite cars but I am just not as impressed with them anymore. The last gen M3 took like 3 years to grow on me and I don't know how long the current generation will take.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

The new F80 M3 is light years ahead of E90 M3

But there is always a trend of people hating on the new F80 M3 especially the ones that currently owns the E9X M3

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Originally posted by shakalaka
    M3's have always been one of my favorite cars but I am just not as impressed with them anymore. The last gen M3 took like 3 years to grow on me and I don't know how long the current generation will take.
    I feel exactly the same. I don't know what it is. I think maybe they've become to expensive and complicated. The 1M and new 235M or whatever it's called seem more interesting.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jaylo
    But there is always a trend of people hating on the new F80 M3 especially the ones that currently owns the E9X M3
    The E9X M3 never grew on me at all. The last M3 I loved was the E36 M3, and maybe the E46 M3 because of SMG. And I owned a E46 M3 too haha.

I think a big part of why the E9X didn't work for me is because I'm Chinese, and in Canada, the value for the dollar is terrible. If I lived in the US, where it's priced significantly cheaper, I may have liked the E9X M3 more.

As for the F80, the sound is terrible. The only good thing the E9X had was exhaust note. A neighbor of mine has one, and it sounds awesome when he rips by, or when he's free revving it showing off to friends. The F80 really sounds like shit in comparison.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It's funny how bad the F80 sounds in comparison to the E36 / E46. You'd think all straight 6s would sound similar.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by benyl
    It's funny how bad the F80 sounds in comparison to the E36 / E46. You'd think all straight 6s would sound similar.
    Not when they're muffled by a turbine.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

rage2's E46 HPF sounded fine. Nothing like the shit F80 sound.

My Ride
    This and that.

I think the only M3 I really liked and when they became my favorite cars were when E46 M3's were around. After that, it went downhill for me. When I was shopping for my AMG car, I didn't even think twice about a M3 for some reason. I find that so weird considering for like 5 years in my teens and growing up, all I could think about was that I want a M3 one day. lol.

And I would get a E46 M3 as a side fun car now, but I don't even think it'll feel much fun after owning the C63.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I think the only M3 I really liked and when they became my favorite cars were when E46 M3's were around. After that, it went downhill for me. When I was shopping for my AMG car, I didn't even think twice about a M3 for some reason. I find that so weird considering for like 5 years in my teens and growing up, all I could think about was that I want a M3 one day. lol.

And I would get a E46 M3 as a side fun car now, but I don't even think it'll feel much fun after owning the C63.
    Have you ever test driven an E9X M3? Hard to beat that car in terms of pure driving enjoyment. I prefer the DCT over manual but that's because I like autos better in general now.

BTW cold start on a V8 M3

http://ens-newswire.com/2014/04/03/e...vehicle-noise/

Days of loud cars are numbered. That's why you see new cars that are quieter outside than inside now. Soundakators gallore in the future.
    Last edited by Aleks; 04-25-2014 at 11:54 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Aleks

Have you ever test driven an E9X M3? Hard to beat that car in terms of pure driving enjoyment. I prefer the DCT over auto but that's because I like autos better in general now.

BTW cold start on a V8 M3

http://ens-newswire.com/2014/04/03/e...vehicle-noise/

Days of loud cars are numbered. That's why you see new cars that are quieter outside than inside now. Soundakators gallore in the future.
    Cold start on any V8 AMG > E9X M3

The limit for standard cars will be reduced to 68 db in 12 years, from the current level of 74 db. More powerful vehicles will be allowed a margin of one to nine extra decibels.
    I'll just keep buying monster V8s to get sound.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Try to avoid the Rage2 Bandwagon guys lol. Listen to the car under load at WOT and the fun noises it makes in between shifts.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    This and that.

The exhaust note of the AMG was like 60% of the reason why I bought the car. M3 is a great car and it sounds decent, but honestly it doesn't even come close to the note of the AMG. I may sound biased now, but I honestly felt that before I owned either of the cars.

The exhaust note of the AMG was like 60% of the reason why I bought the car. M3 is a great car and it sounds decent, but honestly it doesn't even come close to the note of the AMG. I may sound biased now, but I honestly felt that before I owned either of the cars.
    i agree. the sound of that amg v8 is a special one...imo.

Originally posted by rage2

The last M3 I loved was the E36 M3

My Ride
    This and that.

Please tell me it's just not me.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast