Quantcast
2011 G37x vs 2010-11 IS350 AWD - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 G37x vs 2010-11 IS350 AWD

My Ride
    V8s

^Glad to read your comments.

Did you find the IS350 actually was faster than the G37? I thought they were supposed to be very close in that regard.

My Ride
    changes every year

Oh in sport mode it was WAY faster.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    The '12 TL SH-AWD. I'm in love. But it's like a spaceship and as such, you have to be an astronaut to figure their shit out lol it had everything that I was looking for, but one thing that bothered me and it could have just been a seat setting, but there was something poking me in the back, didn't get a chance to find out what it was.
    Off to NASA you go... and it's only 10k more
    Probably was the lumbar. On my '09 accord i read that the motors have a tendency to die so make sure it's left in a position you like (making the assumption it's the same)

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by cjblair
    Did you find the IS350 actually was faster than the G37? I thought they were supposed to be very close in that regard.
    Isn't the RWD IS350 a bit lighter than the G RWD too?

Anyways, interesting thread, I have been looking at the 2014 IS350s alot lately (does this sport mode exist for the '14s anyone?), only somewhat looked at the last gen ISs and the thing about the resale value is right, it's consistently sits pretty high for the past 5 years or so for those cars. The aftermarket exhaust note on the 3.5L is .

My Ride
    changes every year

I know I thought about the '14 AWD IS350 but I just bought a new truck and I don't want $1200 in payments a month for vehicles.

Not sure if the '14 has this sport mode, I would think/hope so. The rear window just really bothers me on it, other than that, I loved it.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Not sure if the '14 has this sport mode, I would think/hope so. The rear window just really bothers me on it, other than that, I loved it.
    The transmission tunnel bulge was slightly bothering when I went to go look at one, but in the end it was a a nice foot rest kinda.

My Ride
    changes every year

Bump. I did end up buying a car but was way off from what this thread was lol BUT, (and I know this is a year away) but next year I'm looking at getting an AWD this time. I am looking possibly for a wagon or sedan but it has to be automatic.

So, with that said, what cars that meet this criteria, have good auto tranny's and are still fun and reliable and at least decent on gas lol

My Ride
    changes every year

Anyone?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Mine has sport and sport+.

I love my IS350 AWD. Dominates the snow, plenty of power, great interior, awesome to drive through corners. 12.5L/100km though... lol

My Ride
    IS350

Originally posted by A790

Mine has sport and sport+.

I love my IS350 AWD. Dominates the snow, plenty of power, great interior, awesome to drive through corners. 12.5L/100km though... lol
    Yep, all the '14+ have Eco and Sport Mode, the F-Sport models have Sport + as well

OP, did you really find the sport mode affected performance that much in the 2007? Last gen IS has the same engine and transmission I believe...I find either S or S+ modes to just be a subtle change.

I concur with Cam, it's a guided missile in the snow and the mileage blows.

My Ride
    changes every year

Ya it felt like a huge jump in power from a dead stop. However it didn't feel as stable.

That's too bad about the fuel mileage. This day and age you would think most cars would be around the 10l/100km on averages, even the 3-3.5 liter motors.

Thanks for the responses guys, anyone else?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Oh in sport mode it was WAY faster.
    Sport and Sport Plus only change the throttle response and transmission shift points, the car is no faster...

0-60 and 1/4 mile times will be the same...

If you really want good mileage, I think the 3 series has them all beat. The N55 engine gets awesome mileage and it is really under-rated. I don't really like the 8 speed auto, but the reviews are good and it is better then most other auto's.

12.5 city? That is crazy. My F10 535 gets 11 in the city (and I am not easy on it) and the last highway trip I went to Calgary, drove around two days and then drove back to Edmonton. 780km on a tank averaging 7.2L/100km with studded winter tires. I average a bit better on summer tires on the highway but my city is no better as I end up driving harder. lol

I actually just drove the new IS350 and C400 a few months ago since I was looking for a replacement for my car and I really liked driving the IS. If I could combine the IS ride and handling with the C400's engine, body, and interior I would have been sold.

My Ride

Originally posted by blownz
    12.5 city? That is crazy. My F10 535 gets 11 in the city (and I am not easy on it) and the last highway trip I went to Calgary, drove around two days and then drove back to Edmonton. 780km on a tank averaging 7.2L/100km with studded winter tires. I average a bit better on summer tires on the highway but my city is no better as I end up driving harder. lol

I actually just drove the new IS350 and C400 a few months ago since I was looking for a replacement for my car and I really liked driving the IS. If I could combine the IS ride and handling with the C400's engine, body, and interior I would have been sold.
    Yea, the mileage doesn't impress that's for sure. Thankfully I don't drive much (only 5,300km after six months) so I don't really care

The longest I've ever owned any car was 16 months. I wonder how long the IS will be in my garage for...

Personally, I really want something that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Told the wife two nights ago that when the Lexus is paid off in 2016 that I'd sell it and buy a 2012 911 C4S. We both laughed hysterically... as if I'd have the car in 2016

Yea, the mileage doesn't impress that's for sure. Thankfully I don't drive much (only 5,300km after six months) so I don't really care

The longest I've ever owned any car was 16 months. I wonder how long the IS will be in my garage for...

Personally, I really want something that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Told the wife two nights ago that when the Lexus is paid off in 2016 that I'd sell it and buy a 2012 911 C4S. We both laughed hysterically... as if I'd have the car in 2016
    lol damn dude how many cars have you owned so far?

My Ride

Originally posted by J.M.

lol damn dude how many cars have you owned so far?
    Gotta be around 40 cars and motorcycles by now...

My Ride
    changes every year

Sport and Sport Plus only change the throttle response and transmission shift points, the car is no faster...

I know it's not any more hp or tq but it feels a lot quicker without a doubt the throttle response was way better. I think I might look at a TL again.

For the guys with the TL, how has your fuel mileage been?

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

I know it's not any more hp or tq but it feels a lot quicker without a doubt the throttle response was way better. I think I might look at a TL again.

For the guys with the TL, how has your fuel mileage been?
    My buddies 2010 SH AWD (Automatic) gets about 10/L per 100km for pretty much all city driving.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have hated the 5 series (too boring) and yet it has been the car I have owned longer than any other. I want to got back to a smaller sportier car, but I can't make up my mind what to get. I came close to buying an S4 but wanted to wait on the new ones, IS drives great, but the engine is a bit gutless and the looks are awkward and the nav sucks. New C400 is not fun to drive (feels too much like my F10). So now I am waiting to see the new S4 vs 340 vs new compact Jag vs C450AMG. I am hoping they are all out before the end of next summer and I hope one of them is worth the 70 or so grand they will cost.

My Ride

I have hated the 5 series (too boring) and yet it has been the car I have owned longer than any other. I want to got back to a smaller sportier car, but I can't make up my mind what to get. I came close to buying an S4 but wanted to wait on the new ones, IS drives great, but the engine is a bit gutless and the looks are awkward and the nav sucks. New C400 is not fun to drive (feels too much like my F10). So now I am waiting to see the new S4 vs 340 vs new compact Jag vs C450AMG. I am hoping they are all out before the end of next summer and I hope one of them is worth the 70 or so grand they will cost.
    CTS Vsport = 420hp twin turbo

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Considering a 2012 TL SH-AWD or IS 350 AWD in the Spring. Keep me posted if you're selling.

edit: 2014. nevermind. Too new for my budget!
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast