Quantcast
Star Wars: Episode VII - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII

Originally posted by max_boost

yes yes agreed here.

Also, at least the acting wasn't cheesy! I woulda cringed if it was anything like episode 2 love story.
    i actually didn't care for the exchanges between Leia and Han solo. Thought they were cheesy and they were playing off previous drama set up in the previous films. Like in Eps I - III there was something between them that built up over the three movies. I dunno, felt cheesy to me.

I think part of the problem was that they tried to make so much stuff happen between ep. 6 and 7,...then they had to fill us in during the movie.
    Like they had to give us the coles notes of these major events and really they seemed far fetched to me.

Maybe they should have started where Luke was training a whole new generation of Jedi. that would have been cool.
    And stayed away from the whole - Hans kid is strong with the force and goes to the dark side and now must face his family. That story line was pretty fucking legendary in the first films, but why go back to it?

Oh well, I'm still a fan and look forward to 2017 lol

They played it way too safe. It was an enjoyable movie though. Hopefully they do something fresh for 8 and hopefully we see Luke wreck some people.

Casting was great except for Kylo Ren for me. He didn't look badass at all.

My Ride
    Exploded.

MEEEHHH.

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

I thought it was great, Star Wars is back! The only complaint was Captain Phasma didn't do a whole lot, yet she was hyped a lot before the movie came out, guess to sell a lot of toys.

I can't wait to see this tomorrow in IMAX 3D! Watched all 6 previous episodes in the last couple days.

Kylo Ren being a pussy is exactly right though. You guys all want a super badass, but I think the whole point is that he's Spoiler:
    Anakin "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Skywalker's grandson. The whining, the tears, his whole "little boy in big pants" persona is intended.

Rest of the critiques I agree with. It was pretty much a re-hash of Episode 4. I wanted something like the first new Star Trek and instead I got something... less. Also, by the time they introduced C3-PO I was like "Alright, that's enough throwbacks, thanks".

I'd still go watch it again though.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I liked it.

Thought Kylo Ren would be cooler.

Would watch again.

7/10.

My Ride
    IS350

I enjoyed the flick but if I had to pick just one thing that didn't sit right was how easily Captain Phasma gave in and lowered the defensive shields. Like didn't they just point a gun at her and she's like 'well you got me!' I thought Han and chocolate Stormtrooper would be pulling molars and toenails.

My Ride
    a tank

curious if anyone knows if IMAX screens has time play or not
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

It felt rather disney-ish to me honestly. The new cast members were all rather young yet able to pickup things almost instantly.

Spoiler:
    The plot was too convenient, she happens to steal the Millennium falcon and happens to immediately run into Han Solo (which they just cover up with 'oh you were easy to track'. Also how easy the new deathstar was to blow up in the same -fly through a trench, all your allies die, last minute pew pew oh hey I blew up the entire thing- fashion as before.

There was no struggle / oh shit how are they going to get out of this ... it was all just like oh hey were surrounded and everything is getting blown up lets just grab this ship over here and fly away.

Like, it was good but it felt more of a re-hash of the old movies rather than a continuation of the series.

Originally posted by pheoxs
    It felt rather disney-ish to me honestly.
    I'd say the blood at the start and how they the showed the SK in action, and the people affected by it, disagree with that. Maybe my opinion of what's Disney-ish is off, though.
    Like, it was good but it felt more of a re-hash of the old movies rather than a continuation of the series.
    No argument here, but I think this may have been intended. You've got, arguably, the most hyped movie in several decades. But you also know you've got two more. I kinda feel this one was a "Let's get this shit over with so we can get on with making real movies". They packed all the throwbacks, all the cameos, and all the fan service into one film so they could make two more good ones.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

EDIT: I've been drinking.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'd say the blood at the start and how they the showed the SK in action, and the people affected by it, disagree with that. Maybe my opinion of what's Disney-ish is off, though. No argument here, but I think this may have been intended. You've got, arguably, the most hyped movie in several decades. But you also know you've got two more. I kinda feel this one was a "Let's get this shit over with so we can get on with making real movies". They packed all the throwbacks, all the cameos, and all the fan service into one film so they could make two more good ones.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

EDIT: I've been drinking.
    I guess I could clarify. I didn't mean it was a Disney movie per-say. Just that it was softer and targetted towards a younger-ish audience than the old ones.

My guess is there's more to Phasma to be revealed. She also inspected Fin's blaster, and would have seen that he didn't fire on the Village, and let him off scot-free.

I thought the movie was excellent!

My Ride
    a tank

finally saw it last night IMAX, by no means it was great and loved every bit of it, and someone was right in saying how similar the story was to episode 4. I guess they really wanted to market the appeal to everyone especially the new generation who may have not seen it. Nothing wrong in keeping it simple as long as they gradually step it up over the next one.

I thought just when it was starting to get really interesting and great the movie had to end.

I'll give it 8.5/10 simply the story was too simple for me, it felt raw, which I suppose is perhaps what this franchise needed.

and yes would liked captain phasma to do a bit more, maybe they underestimate her popularity or scenes were cut who knows.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 12-23-2015 at 07:35 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I'm convinced Phasma's going to be a major player throughout the movies, kind of like Bobba Fett was. Hence why they made her so badass. Spoiler:
    Plus, they didn't show her death or anything, so I'd put money on her being able to escape a trash compactor

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 10:40 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    '03 ep3

That's the worst excuse I have heard for recycling of story.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

You guys are too critical.

Movies follow certain formulas because they make money.

Did you think $200 million fell from the sky for them to use?

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by nonofyobiz

i actually didn't care for the exchanges between Leia and Han solo. Thought they were cheesy and they were playing off previous drama set up in the previous films. Like in Eps I - III there was something between them that built up over the three movies. I dunno, felt cheesy to me.

I think part of the problem was that they tried to make so much stuff happen between ep. 6 and 7,...then they had to fill us in during the movie.
    Like they had to give us the coles notes of these major events and really they seemed far fetched to me.

Maybe they should have started where Luke was training a whole new generation of Jedi. that would have been cool.
    And stayed away from the whole - Hans kid is strong with the force and goes to the dark side and now must face his family. That story line was pretty fucking legendary in the first films, but why go back to it?

Oh well, I'm still a fan and look forward to 2017 lol
    That's what I was thinking, the whole story leading up to this movie is so original that it should have been the story the movie tells. I'm betting they'll have a video game for TFA that tells the story between Ep 6 & 7. Probably similar to nights of the old republic.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

My gf fell asleep. Haha.

It was ok. Mediocre at best.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast